ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4859 of 4898
« First < 3859435947594809484948554856485748584859 48604861486248634869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:46 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I am not suggesting they throw out any stats. Simply put, he is one of the greatest QBs of all time. I’m not getting into a debate on it, people are welcome to their opinions.
That statement in itself can mean a lot of different things. Top 5 all time? Top 25? And are we talking perceived talent level or what they actually accomplished on a game to game basis?

I don't think many would disagree that Elway was up there in terms of talent/arm strength. But in terms of production? He just wasn't consistently there with the other top QBs. And if he wasn't as productive/efficient as several others in his era, I don't think it makes sense to automatically rank him higher than greats from other eras, including the thousands of QBs you've never even seen play.

There are a ton of wildly talented QBs who aren't high on a lot of people's all-time lists for one reason or another. Vick was insanely talented, but various circumstances kept him from having a long and productive career. Same w/ Randall Cunningham. Marino probably had top 5 all time talent but few rank him there because he didn't win a SB. Otto Graham isn't high on a lot of people's lists because they didn't see him play, but he dominated his era like no QB ever has. Unitas was putting up better numbers than Elway in the 50s and won several championships. Elway had more physical talent than Tom Brady or Montana, but not near the production. How do you sort sit it all out?

Elway's not the only QB who wasn't always in the perfect situation. And on the flipside, few QBs in history have had it as good as Elway in his last several seasons. A lot of QBs could have won SBs on those teams. And having a conservative coach shouldn't cause a QB to throw way more INTs than his peers.
[Reply]
Dawson 12:17 PM 05-04-2024
Denvers draft is why they're so awful. They pass on a true blue chip players like Bowers, Latu, Turner, Worthy for a mid QB. Sean Payton doesn't understand value, he's an ego manic. Nix is gonna get destroyed in this division.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:54 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The same Sean Payton that turned New Orleans roster to a complete fucking joke, put the team in cap hell and bailed, never bothered to field a defense worth a shit, made it past the Divisional ONCE, got embarrassed by Nathaniel Hackett, that dweeb in Miami pummeled him by 70, lost at home to a shit NE team with playoffs on the line....that Sean Payton is going to beat
out Mahomes/Andy with a scared bitch that ran from SEC defenses that he did nothing against? That Bo Nix? The guy that threw over half his passes near the line of scrimmage is going to solve Spags scheme? :-) :-) :-) :-)
Knowmo? Dumb Casual?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:57 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Knowmo? Dumb Casual?
It's irrelevant that Nix didn't succeed behind that OL in the SEC. Because now he's moving to the lowly NFL, supported by an elite OL/weapons/defense. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:03 PM 05-04-2024
Boy all these stories about how his teammates kind of hated his guts...

Russ and now this? Maybe Horseface had it right. Just pick as inoffensive a QB as possible as long as he can run a huddle and work for cheap
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:11 PM 05-04-2024
There's usually a big difference between how fans react to draft picks when they're made and how they react to them later. Here's how some Bronco fans reacted when the pick was made:

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:40 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
There's usually a big difference between how fans react to draft picks when they're made and how they react to them later. Here's how some Bronco fans reacted when the pick was made:

Lots of fans hate the picks until later.. there were KC fans that hated the Mahomes pick. That quickly changed, I’m sure.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:52 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Lots of fans hate the picks until later.. there were KC fans that hated the Mahomes pick. That quickly changed, I’m sure.
I have no doubt there were some of us that did just that. I wasn't excluding us. I'm guessing that most Bronco fans have a better opinion of the Nix pick now than what they had on draft night. It's just our nature as fans to hope for the best and we buy the fluff that the team and the media pump out about the players and the upcoming season because we desperately want it to be true.

The reason I posted the video was because we've been talking about Nix and his prospects as a #1 QB. It seems pretty clear that he was a reach at #12 so, personally speaking, I think he's more likely to be a bust than a franchise QB. I think the Bronco fans with high expectations are trying to convince themselves of high prospects more than they are trying to convince us.
[Reply]
wazu 01:55 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Russ and now this? Maybe Horseface had it right. Just pick as inoffensive a QB as possible as long as he can run a huddle and work for cheap
Link to any of these? Googled because this sounds like fun but I'm not finding anything.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:02 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I have no doubt there were some of us that did just that. I wasn't excluding us. I'm guessing that most Bronco fans have a better opinion of the Nix pick now than what they had on draft night. It's just our nature as fans to hope for the best and we buy the fluff that the team and the media pump out about the players and the upcoming season because we desperately want it to be true.

The reason I posted the video was because we've been talking about Nix and his prospects as a #1 QB. It seems pretty clear that he was a reach at #12 so, personally speaking, I think he's more likely to be a bust than a franchise QB. I think the Bronco fans with high expectations are trying to convince themselves of high prospects more than they are trying to convince us.
Possibly, remains to be seen how it plays out. Most of these QBs will bust and there will be surprises.
[Reply]
DomCasual 02:40 PM 05-04-2024

Bo Nix? No. I can give you article after article that say just the opposite.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:54 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Link to any of these? Googled because this sounds like fun but I'm not finding anything.
Saw a post in this thread about it? Not sure. Is that speculative? Sure, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the team!
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:58 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Bo Nix? No. I can give you article after article that say just the opposite.
We're not really looking for proof. I'm happy to enjoy the allegations.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:06 PM 05-04-2024
Drop machine???

pic.twitter.com/NpeNvc5boM

— @ (@Denclips) May 4, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 03:10 PM 05-04-2024
Saw a post in this thread about it? Not sure. Is that speculative? Sure, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the team!
Good enough for me. Will make sure to help spread the word about what a locker room cancer Bo Nix is!
[Reply]
Page 4859 of 4898
« First < 3859435947594809484948554856485748584859 48604861486248634869 > Last »
Up