ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Stand Up Comedy
58-4ever 08:07 PM 12-11-2013
So, I've done a lot of thinking about this "art form"... I have a lot of favorites. Growing up, my dad had a traveling job. I would steal his cassette tapes of various comedians and I instantly fell in love with that whole era of comedy. I grew up listening to Carlin, Cosby, and Pryor. Over the years, my taste for comedy has evolved quite a bit. If I had to list a top 5 (current guys/girls) it would include, no certain order:

1) Chappelle
2) Louis CK
3) Kevin Hart
4) Joe Rogan
5) Joey Diaz

I know this has been discussed before, so the repost police can suck a dick.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:04 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Been a while since I've really become a fan of a stand-up, but recently Bill Burr has become one for me. He thinks like I do. He just says it in ways that are a lot funnier than what comes out of my mouth most of the time.

As for female stand-ups, well, maybe it's me, but I never saw one that was really that good. I like Whitney Cummings, but she's not on the same level as any of the best male stand-ups.
I think just like music you gotta get out of the mainstream. The mainstream wants to push comedians who are over the top. And that’s especially true I feel for female comedians. There are several who are more subtle like Taylor Tomlinson who are pretty good.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:07 PM 11-14-2022
Stand up comedy died with Patrice O’Neal.

Chappelle is the last man standing and he smokes way too much.

Southpark still has some great moments.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:39 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Cool guy! I don't know much about his comedy, but I went to college with his sister Joan at Benedictine College in Atchison in the early 90s. David attended Benedictine, but before I started there (I'm not sure if he graduated from there or not).
He put on a good show and is a Chiefs fan! Was a good night of comedy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:42 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Brian Regan

[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up