ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 276 of 297
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:31 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Nowell can still dish on one leg....LFG :-)
Better hope that ankle doesn't swell up a lot!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:23 AM 03-24-2023
Way to go fellas! Go get it!
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 08:18 AM 03-24-2023
Get it Cats!
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 AM 03-24-2023
That game was as up and down as it gets. KSU made some poor decisions to close out regulation, but that same attitude is what propelled them in OT.

JFC, this team is a million heart attacks waiting to happen, and it's awesome. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:41 AM 03-24-2023
I'm rooting for you homos! Nowell is just insane. He had more assists than the entire Michigan State team.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:43 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I never thought that ANY fan base could be worse than Western KS EMAW shirt tucking weirdos that constantly cry about any perceived slight.

Never, EVER say never.
LOL I don't know what Western Kansas shirt tuckers you're talking about, but we're not all bad out here. :-)

Originally Posted by notorious:
That game was as up and down as it gets. KSU made some poor decisions to close out regulation, but that same attitude is what propelled them in OT.

JFC, this team is a million heart attacks waiting to happen, and it's awesome. :-)
Yep, you don't get one without the other. Whatever happens, this one was a fun one.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:44 AM 03-24-2023
I was only able to catch part of that game but I did see the end. And heard my wife going crazy upstairs. :-) I have tried to tell her that Tang is a good coach. I think maybe she has been like Chiefs fans used to be. But she's starting to believe.

And that Nowell is fun to watch. I always love watching a great point guard. NCAA assists record, nice! :-)

I don't know how far you your team will go but good luck, KSU fans! Except you, kstater. You can go to Hell!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:49 AM 03-24-2023
Ksu favored -2

They are about identical teams in Pomeroy

Should be good
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Ksu favored -2

They are about identical teams in Pomeroy

Should be good
They're statistically close, but they play very different basketball.

I think officiating is going to have a lot to do with it.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:13 AM 03-24-2023
I wonder if our athletic bigs will be the difference. Seems like Tenn's bigs were lumbering statues compared to the FAU's speedy guards.

We also defend the 3 as well as anyone in the country, so we've got that going for us.

Just need MN's ankle to heal up as best it can and play our game.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:25 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I wonder if our athletic bigs will be the difference. Seems like Tenn's bigs were lumbering statues compared to the FAU's speedy guards.

We also defend the 3 as well as anyone in the country, so we've got that going for us.

Just need MN's ankle to heal up as best it can and play our game.
Rick Barnes just cannot coach basketball.

Those FAU guys were fucking slippery, and they could very well give you trouble, especially if your guys get lazy and foul. Physically, you should get some looks.

If your shots are falling and you play sound ball, it would take a hell of an effort to beat you from their talent. That being said, cold streaks happen - especially if you try some of the stuff that worked against MSU and it doesn't work and you press. And there were some really bad possessions against MSU. FAU also had some bad possessions and it took an incredible cold streak from Tennessee to get back in the thing.

The optimistic part is you guys seem to learn on the move. Your defense was horribly tentative early, and then you settled in and got after them. And Tang did some yeoman work designing plays.

It's really weird watching you guys play through the league where you know everybody, and then play a team you've never seen before. Weird shit can happen. But if you guys come in and take care of business, it will be a breezy win.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:00 PM 03-24-2023
I said during the game last night that Nowell was having a Mahomes bad ankle game. And he legit did. But the more I thought on it the more I saw out of him and the team as a whole:

Someone else last night mentioned Nowell’s vision, how sees the entire court (and takes advantage of it). He makes absurd passes and shots, all of this is Mahomesesque.

Tang draws up in bound plays like Reid draws up offensive plays. And one of those plays from last week is even named “Mahomes”.

The team as a whole just always seems to have this confidence, and even swagger, never doubting their ability to battle through the rough times and play from behind.

This K-State team is by design emulating/morphing into the Kansas City Chiefs by design.

Change my mind.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:33 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I said during the game last night that Nowell was having a Mahomes bad ankle game. And he legit did. But the more I thought on it the more I saw out of him and the team as a whole:

Someone else last night mentioned Nowell’s vision, how sees the entire court (and takes advantage of it). He makes absurd passes and shots, all of this is Mahomesesque.

Tang draws up in bound plays like Reid draws up offensive plays. And one of those plays from last week is even named “Mahomes”.

The team as a whole just always seems to have this confidence, and even swagger, never doubting their ability to battle through the rough times and play from behind.

This K-State team is by design emulating/morphing into the Kansas City Chiefs by design.

Change my mind.
There was one play (in OT?) after a timeout. It was where Nowell was talking to the sideline and then suddenly it was an alley-oop. I said to the wife, that looked like a play designed to get the defense off guard. And it worked brilliantly.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:39 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL I don't know what Western Kansas shirt tuckers you're talking about, but we're not all bad out here. :-)

Yep, you don't get one without the other. Whatever happens, this one was a fun one.
Not you, dude. But you know the type.
[Reply]
Fish 01:40 PM 03-24-2023

[Reply]
Page 276 of 297
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Up