ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 112
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:47 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Watch The Franchise this week.

You think the Chiefs are going to put a player like Justyn Ross on screen as much as they did only to cut him and try to sneak him onto the goddamn practice squad?
can you fill me in on the last 1.5 days on CP vs Justyn Ross - what all has happened, catch me up to speed would ya sweetie?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:14 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
can you fill me in on the last 1.5 days on CP vs Justyn Ross - what all has happened, catch me up to speed would ya sweetie?
Chiefs have canceled the banner ceremony for Week 1 in lieu of inducting Justyn Ross into the Ring of Honor
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:20 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Chiefs have canceled the banner ceremony for Week 1 in lieu of inducting Justyn Ross into the Ring of Honor
wasn't expecting that - I will certainly watch! Than you for catching me up!
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:40 PM 08-17-2023
for real though - have I missed anything? I'm watching Franchise ATM.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There's been more total buzz (not just in this Justyn Ross thread) about Ross than Rice. I can acknowledge that. That's because there's more of a conversation to be had about him. He's up against the roster crunch. Rice isn't. He's had to fight through injuries. Rice hasn't (knock on wood). And that point has spawned this other great discussion about how good Ross actually was his first two years in college. We're not doing that with Rice because who gives a shit... his college production was consistent and solid and then he saw a large jump his senior year as the team depended on him as the vet. That's a good thing and something that you should expect with a 2nd round pick investment.

Here's the other thing about Rice, at least for me. I have low expectations for him this year. I think many fans do. That's not saying we think he sucks, it's recognizing that he's a rookie. If he breaks that supposed Andy Reid rookie WR stigma ala Desean Jackson, then great. Outstanding. If he doesn't? I'm not gonna have a cow about it, and neither should anybody else. Because I believe he'll get there eventually.

We're pumped about Rice. And if you had to pick either Rice or Ross to have the better career, I think most reasonable and intelligent fans would say Rice. And just because Ross is getting more attention currently, that doesn't really mean the noticeable buzz surrounding him is because he's going to be a better player.
In a poll on CP I bet it would be 60/40 in favor of Ross and maybe higher.

Can someone do this poll? I would but I was a bad wittle boy and got my privileges taken away.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:53 PM 08-17-2023
I wonder just HOW Justyn broke his foot, I'd like to know how each break happened. Getting stepped on or happening running are two very different things. Makes me question both foot injury culprits. I don't remember anyone ever going in depth or reading anything on either foot deals.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:56 PM 08-17-2023
It's just weird to me that people are lumping him in with other camp heroes to predict his demise just out of sheer "that sounds like no fun" pessimism. He's clearly got something and I want to see more and i'm rooting for a magical story. Those are the best.

Like, Kurt Warner is one of the best stories in the history of the NFL and man did he have detractors with logical, sound arguments. But that's no freaking fun to me, I like incredible things, sue me.

I can't imagine if he gets cut and people being happy about it because they predicted it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:01 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
It's just weird to me that people are lumping him in with other camp heroes to predict his demise just out of sheer "that sounds like no fun" pessimism. He's clearly got something and I want to see more and i'm rooting for a magical story. Those are the best.

Like, Kurt Warner is one of the best stories in the history of the NFL and man did he have detractors with logical, sound arguments. But that's no freaking fun to me, I like incredible things, sue me.

I can't imagine if he gets cut and people being happy about it because they predicted it.
Michael Chang beat Ivan Lendl while menstrual cramping!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:42 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
…I can't imagine if he gets cut and people being happy about it because they predicted it.
You must be new around here, welcome to ChiefsPlanet!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Can someone do this poll? I would but I was a bad wittle boy and got my privileges taken away.
That's because people parrot what they see and hear and don't use their brains anymore.

There's a lot being said and written about Ross because he's an unexpected and exciting story.

Rice is EXPECTED to be good.

And nobody's saying much at all about Moore, who by all accounts, is ready to make the giant leap this season. He's all but forgotten.

I think Ross is going to be in the mix here, and a meaningful contributor.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:24 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's because people parrot what they see and hear and don't use their brains anymore.

There's a lot being said and written about Ross because he's an unexpected and exciting story.

Rice is EXPECTED to be good.

And nobody's saying much at all about Moore, who by all accounts, is ready to make the giant leap this season. He's all but forgotten.

I think Ross is going to be in the mix here, and a meaningful contributor.
In fairness, when your ONLY td of your rookie campaign happens in the Superbowl, and it took the offense lining up incorrectly, and the defense just electing not to cover you for you to get THAT one, that's a pretty forgettable rookie season.

He's remembered only for being a large culprit in the Colts loss with his fumble on special teams, and myriad other gaffes.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:43 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
In fairness, when your ONLY td of your rookie campaign happens in the Superbowl, and it took the offense lining up incorrectly, and the defense just electing not to cover you for you to get THAT one, that's a pretty forgettable rookie season.

He's remembered only for being a large culprit in the Colts loss with his fumble on special teams, and myriad other gaffes.
Actually, I don't think that is fair at all. Moore was not a punt returner and the Chiefs needed him to step in and become one. He struggled with it during the season with those 3 muffs. Still, he kept working on it. And when the time came that the team needed him on the biggest stage, he stepped up big in the AFC Championship game and Superbowl in returning punts.

Also, he got better as a WR as the season progressed. Like a lot of rookies, his head was swimming. He talks like he knows the offense much better now and is not thinking so much as just reacting. That should make a big difference this year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:49 AM 08-18-2023
It's like the: Watson can't catch the ball at all. When it was just one cold weather game he had several drops. Too much work not welding in snap judgements
[Reply]
Lzen 08:52 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

I got you.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349821
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
It's like the: Watson can't catch the ball at all. When it was just one cold weather game he had several drops. Too much work not welding in snap judgements
Oh heck, I had forgotten about that. Yeah, just another reason to hope the Chiefs cut him and keep some younger player.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 112
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Up