ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 258
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Which then asks the question...when do they decide it times to get rid of Cousins cause that dude ain't ever winning shit.
I just looked it up and he's essentially playing on a 1-year deal. 2024 and 2025 are voided years and his dead cap goes from $49M this year to $12.5 next year.

Maybe they are about done with him?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:24 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I just looked it up and he's essentially playing on a 1-year deal. 2024 and 2025 are voided years and his dead cap goes from $49M this year to $12.5 next year.

Maybe they are about done with him?
I just realized something, they're clearing space because they hired Brian Flores. They basically have to sign or trade for a #1 CB that can play man at a high level or his scheme doesn't work.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:29 PM 03-10-2023
Am I crazy in thinking (chosen) Robbie Anderson is a Veach type of signing?

- Probably cheap, formerly good
- Reclamation Vet project
- 29 years old (juuuust past Veach's expiration date)
- Fast, deep threat, solid ball tracking skills

Could be an upgrade over, say Justin Watson, although Anderson probably doesn't play ST's like Watson. Might be some overlap with his and MVS skills though, so I could see why we'd pass on Anderson.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I just realized something, they're clearing space because they hired Brian Flores. They basically have to sign or trade for a #1 CB that can play man at a high level or his scheme doesn't work.
They might be the team that's in on Ramsey.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:41 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Could be an upgrade over, say Justin Watson, although Anderson probably doesn't play ST's like Watson. Might be some overlap with his and MVS skills though, so I could see why we'd pass on Anderson.
I know they are willing to take chances on a guy who has had issues but....what does it take to get kicked out of a game by your own team and then traded the next week? Arizona gave up 2 picks for him that they'll still be giving up the next two years. Whatever he brought to the team wasn't worth it to them.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:52 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I know they are willing to take chances on a guy who has had issues but....what does it take to get kicked out of a game by your own team and then traded the next week? Arizona gave up 2 picks for him that they'll still be giving up the next two years. Whatever he brought to the team wasn't worth it to them.
Fair point.

And the name change thing just reeks of CTE.
[Reply]
nychief 01:56 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:

you'r crazy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Almost, but guessing no chance. Veach /Andy seem to like talented reclamation projects, but not players with character issues.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:14 PM 03-10-2023

Rams are planning to release OLB Leonard Floyd today, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 10, 2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, they said they were going to do it like 4 or 5 days ago. They're just doing it now.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:38 PM 03-10-2023
Imagine being the Dolphins, going through last season, and then being like yep Tua is our guy
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Imagine being the Dolphins, going through last season, and then being like yep Tua is our guy
They're just not in a great spot. They made those trades last year thinking they were a player or 2 away. They thought they had a starting QB on a rookie contract so they thought they could make some big swings and have it work.

Then their defense turned into trash and they don't have enough money to address it all unless they KEEP their QB on a rookie contract.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:42 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
The optics would look really bad if they moved on from him after they knowingly put him back in the game when he was concussed and totally screwed up the rest of his season doing so. I mean they put the rest of his career in question with their medical mistakes.

They had to stick with him unless he retired.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:49 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Theilen is closer to Cole beasely right now than the Adam Theilen Chiefs fans are pining for.
He is not fast enough to be a chief
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:03 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The optics would look really bad if they moved on from him after they knowingly put him back in the game when he was concussed and totally screwed up the rest of his season doing so. I mean they put the rest of his career in question with their medical mistakes.

They had to stick with him unless he retired.
NFLPA thinks they're the best in the league. Lololololololololololol
[Reply]
Page 45 of 258
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up