ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:47 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No.

But is it any better if he was ACTUALLY hurt? During the postseason. For the second year in a row?

There's no scenario whereby he comes off that whole situation and has standing for substantial guarantees.
Effectively no.

He's just getting a lot of dirt thrown on his name. Some of it is earned, but a lot isn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Effectively no.

He's just getting a lot of dirt thrown on his name. Some of it is earned, but a lot isn't.
I suppose that's fair, then.

Being injury prone is better than being a malingerer at least when it comes to public perception.

But yeah - it's no better/worse when it comes to your actual value on the market.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:54 PM 03-29-2023
Effectively no.

What dirt being thrown on his name isn't earned? He's a limited, often injured QB with a questionable intellect and without any proven success in the playoffs. The fact that he thinks he should be paid more guaranteed money than Mahomes and Allen is laughable. Teams are looking to pay him for what his current performance level is not based on one fluky MVP season that happened 5 years ago.

I hope he sits out this year. Dumbass can barely form a coherent sentence and is stupid enough to think he doesn't need an agent so I guarantee he doesn't understand the time value of money.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:10 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What dirt being thrown on his name isn't earned? He's a limited, often injured QB with a questionable intellect and without any proven success in the playoffs. The fact that he thinks he should be paid more guaranteed money than Mahomes and Allen is laughable. Teams are looking to pay him for what his current performance level is not based on one fluky MVP season that happened 5 years ago.

I hope he sits out this year. Dumbass can barely form a coherent sentence and is stupid enough to think he doesn't need an agent so I guarantee he doesn't understand the time value of money.

But seriously, though, did you miss the exchange between me and DJ that you quoted? Lol.

Some people think he purposely sat out of a playoff run to preserve his health for contract negotiations. It doesn't make a difference whether he was legitimately injured or sitting out for contract negotiation purposes, but it does make a difference when judging the man so I think it's important to note that we are not certain that he actually did sit out when he could have played at a high level.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
seems like the market, for his price, is dryer than the Mojave
He's not worth what he's asking, simple as that.

Is he a dynamic QB that can help a team win games? Sure.

Is he good enough as a passer to carry a team to the SB? No, apparently not without a top-5 running game and defense.

Does he have to rely heavily on his running ability to do so? Absolutely.

Has been injured twice in consecutive seasons that effectively kept him from playing in 40% of his regular season games and the playoffs? Yep.

No GM in their right mind is going to guarantee Lamar 5+ years at $200 million, based on the above. 4 years, maybe. The equivalent of $40 million/yr maybe. I wouldn't, but I'm not a GM like Joe Schoen.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:19 PM 03-29-2023

But seriously, though, did you miss the exchange between me and DJ that you quoted? Lol.

Some people think he purposely sat out of a playoff run to preserve his health for contract negotiations. It doesn't make a difference whether he was legitimately injured or sitting out for contract negotiation purposes, but it does make a difference when judging the man so I think it's important to note that we are not certain that he actually did sit out when he could have played at a high level.
No, we're not certain, but his expected absence was extended in a way that would make it awfully coincidental.

I don't think it's crazy to say that Lamar was very likley closer to 100% than Mahomes was in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
scho63 03:24 PM 03-29-2023
Lamar Jackson has found out that there is only ONE team in the NFL dumb enough to give a fully guaranteed contract to an often injured QB and it was the Cleveland Browns.

No one else is THAT dumb.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:35 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, we're not certain, but his expected absence was extended in a way that would make it awfully coincidental.

I don't think it's crazy to say that Lamar was very likley closer to 100% than Mahomes was in the AFCCG.
That's a damn fine point.

I guess the answer would be that it could easily be a combination of both. He wasn't healthy, nor did he truly WANT to go on the field in that condition. Whereas Mahomes WAS healthy but short of amputation, he was getting on that field.

Even with amputation I could see him giving it a go in warmups...
[Reply]
staylor26 03:50 PM 03-29-2023
That's a damn fine point.

I guess the answer would be that it could easily be a combination of both. He wasn't healthy, nor did he truly WANT to go on the field in that condition. Whereas Mahomes WAS healthy but short of amputation, he was getting on that field.

Even with amputation I could see him giving it a go in warmups...
And I know that people will pretend it's because Mahomes already got paid, but we saw he had that in him on his rookie deal too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And I know that people will pretend it's because Mahomes already got paid, but we saw he had that in him on his rookie deal too.
But his money isn't guaranteed, Staylor.

So is it even real money?

If you're someone that says Mahomes !@#$ed Jackson by not demanding his contract be fully guaranteed, I'd better not hear boo about Mahomes already having the bag and that's why he played.

Because those two positions do not reconcile even a little bit.

But I'll bet you anything that the venn diagrams of people who hold both beliefs almost completely overlap...
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:53 PM 03-29-2023

He was healthy enough to play and give the team a better shot to win that Huntley. He might not have been able to run around like a pseudo running back playing QB, but he was healthier than Mahomes was in the second half of the Bengals game. I think teams understand what motivates Lamar and winning a championship isn't it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:59 PM 03-29-2023
Lamar had zero obligation to play injured for the Ravens, a team that had no intention of giving him a contract.

Lamar's miscalculation, IMO, was demanding a fully guaranteed contract. It's clear NFL owners aren't interested.

Time for him to come back to reality on that and go get paid by a team that wants to win games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Lamar had zero obligation to play injured for the Ravens, a team that had no intention of giving him a contract.

Lamar's miscalculation, IMO, was demanding a fully guaranteed contract. It's clear NFL owners aren't interested.

Time for him to come back to reality on that and go get paid by a team that wants to win games.
His miscalculation was thinking "I have no obligation to play for a team that has no intention of giving me a contract..."

When someone tries to tell you who they are - listen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:05 PM 03-29-2023
His miscalculation was thinking "I have no obligation to play for a team that has no intention of giving me a contract..."

When someone tries to tell you who they are - listen.
I'm sure that matters on the edges but it's not the reason for his lack of market.

1. Fully guaranteed contract

2. Most teams won't just adapt to a Lamar. You need one of a handful of coaches that could design an offense for him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:07 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He was healthy enough to play and give the team a better shot to win that Huntley. He might not have been able to run around like a pseudo running back playing QB, but he was healthier than Mahomes was in the second half of the Bengals game. I think teams understand what motivates Lamar and winning a championship isn't it.
How do you determine any of this? Was there some medical report I missed?

The only damning thing Lamar did - in my view - was fail to travel with his team to the playoff game. I thought that was really poor form after he had made the exact trip the prior week.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up