ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
kccrow 04:45 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So you’re fine with Eichenberg. The guy who’s head coach just said that he’s probably a RT if you’re looking for athleticism in your LT.
I mean, he's not wrong. If you're looking for a lot of athleticism because of the things you do with your LT because you do some things out in space, then he's absolutely not that guy. He's certainly not as athletic as I prefer but he has clean footwork, good technique, and good strength and locked down the edge against really good pass rushers. It certainly makes you think he can continue to do so in the pros.

What is most troubling is seeing his arm length come in from his pro day just now and that's a far tougher pill to swallow than worrying about his athleticism that we all already knew was subpar compared to most of the left tackles in this class. We're not talking about moving to RT length, that's a move to guard length. It will be interesting to see how teams process that and if they feel they can keep him out on the edge. He'd give up length to most pass rushers at the NFL level and that is never a good thing.

My view, now, is that any thoughts of Eichenberg playing tackle at the NFL level are done.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:15 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I mean, he's not wrong. If you're looking for a lot of athleticism because of the things you do with your LT because you do some things out in space, then he's absolutely not that guy. He's certainly not as athletic as I prefer but he has clean footwork, good technique, and good strength and locked down the edge against really good pass rushers. It certainly makes you think he can continue to do so in the pros.

What is most troubling is seeing his arm length come in from his pro day just now and that's a far tougher pill to swallow than worrying about his athleticism that we all already knew was subpar compared to most of the left tackles in this class. We're not talking about moving to RT length, that's a move to guard length. It will be interesting to see how teams process that and if they feel they can keep him out on the edge. He'd give up length to most pass rushers at the NFL level and that is never a good thing.

My view, now, is that any thoughts of Eichenberg playing tackle at the NFL level are done.
He was always a guard to me. What was the arm length?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:24 PM 03-31-2021
Goddamn Eichenberg has arms barely over 32 inches?

That certainly changes things
[Reply]
RunKC 07:10 AM 04-01-2021
First rd bound

4.38 for Terrace Marshall (WR-LSU).

Might get him into Round 1 as a big receiver in this smaller WR class.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Goddamn Eichenberg has arms barely over 32 inches?

That certainly changes things
Yeah.

Gotta agree with Crow here. He's probably a guard now. Ouch.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:23 PM 03-31-2021
Speaking of Eichenberg, he looked pretty athletic today even tho the numbers are probably skewed. 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone numbers today were better than Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs from last year's combine.

Official results from @NDFootball pro-day Part II:

OL Liam Eichenberg
HT 6061
WT 306
Hand 9 5/8
Arm 32 3/8
Wing 79 3/8
40-yd no run
VJ 26.5
BJ 8-9
SS 4.58
3C 7.53
BP 33x

OL Robert Hainsy
9 7/8
32 1/8
77 7/8
5.24/5.20
8-8
32x

— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 02:48 PM 03-31-2021

A #Chiefs scout/coach is running the OL drills at the Florida pro day. A name to get familiar with is Stone Forsythe - towering OT prospect who played left tackle for the Gators last season. Really good pass protector with rare movement skills for his size.

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

His arms are OVER 34 apparently. The question is is he a legit LT after playing that spot for just one year? And can the chiefs take that risk knowing if Okung or whoever goes down he may need to play? That's the gamble Veach and co are taking with the guy we draft.

Right now Leatherwood looks a very enticing prospect too tbh. Pro day results are decent and he's played LT for years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
His arms are OVER 34 apparently. The question is is he a legit LT after playing that spot for just one year? And can the chiefs take that risk knowing if Okung or whoever goes down he may need to play? That's the gamble Veach and co are taking with the guy we draft.

Right now Leatherwood looks a very enticing prospect too tbh. Pro day results are decent and he's played LT for years.
Leatherwood doesn't operate well in space. Most scouts think he'll end up a guard in the NFL.

He's not the kind of LT Andy Reid usually looks for.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:33 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Leatherwood doesn't operate well in space. Most scouts think he'll end up a guard in the NFL.

Folks also said Niang would play guard before he opted out last season but now that ain't happening. Bottom line is some tackles come in with percieved "weaknesses" which don't transpire when they get into the flow of the nfl. Schwartz's pro day was a mess...as was Orlando Brown's so I'm not ruling Leatherwood out because of the notion of a few scouts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:49 PM 04-01-2021
Folks also said Niang would play guard before he opted out last season but now that ain't happening. Bottom line is some tackles come in with percieved "weaknesses" which don't transpire when they get into the flow of the nfl. Schwartz's pro day was a mess...as was Orlando Brown's so I'm not ruling Leatherwood out because of the notion of a few scouts.
that wasn't about weaknesses with Niang, it was about getting your best 5 on the field, and a healthy Fisher and Schwartz weren't going to be beaten out by a rookie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 04-01-2021
Scouts didn't say Niang would play guard, Veach did. And he said "to start out" primarily because at the time, we had Fish and Mitch. Niang is a prototype tackle, both in terms of measurables as well as technique.

Leatherwood is not. And it isn't about his pro day, it's about his film. He's got lower body issues, poor center, and doesn't move well. He's going to get abused on the edge by NFL speed rushers. He's not an NFL left tackle, especially not in an Andy Reid offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:46 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You know who Leatherwood reminds me of?

Orlando Brown Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:48 PM 03-31-2021
The funny part is that a "right tackle" is fine as LT next year as long as it's RunKC drafting him and it's his plan.

But when that "right tackle" is Lukas Niang, it's a disaster in waiting.

Seems to me that having a right tackle play left tackle is just a bad idea, period. Why anybody would actually advocate for something like that, I have no idea.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 03-31-2021
And signing Okung/Villanueva is probably going to better for the beginning part of 2021 if they draft someone outside of Sewell and Darrisaw. Everyone outside of those two have issues.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up