ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Reroka 02:55 PM 11-28-2022
sure I could the punt may only go 15 yards but I am sure I could, If not well it was fun see ya in the from the hospital.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:56 PM 11-28-2022
Return it? No. Call a fair catch? Yes.
[Reply]
Spott 02:59 PM 11-28-2022
I’d probably do about as good as Charlie Brown trying to kick a FG.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:02 PM 11-28-2022
Heh. Me and my fam hit the field this past weekend. Fucking off of course, but we took turns being "the return man" while everyone ran downfield and blasted "the returner".

I learned that i could catch it better than i thought. I also learned that im not as shifty as i once was as a kid.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:02 PM 11-28-2022
Played CF in HS baseball and WR\CB\PR in HS football. Definitely wouldn't try to return it but do a fair catch....yeah I think I could with some practice with a real NFL Punter.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:05 PM 11-28-2022
Would a CP beer belly help catch the ball or make it more difficult? Like, would the net effect be a lot of additional flesh with which to trap the ball, or would it effectively make the planeteer’s arms shorter, and thus make the catch harder?

It seems unlikely a CPer could have the ball fall through his arms like Skyy Moore did yesterday simply because there’s no space through which the ball could fall, but then again you’d have to catch it with your hands which makes the whole procedure more difficult.

I guess you also have the problem of being able to track the punt in the air which seems like it’s probably harder than it looks since some good athletes can’t do it, although the polarized Oakley sunglasses would help.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:13 PM 11-28-2022
That would be a no.

And I’d dearly love to see anybody here attempt to catch one. If you haven’t had a helmet on and tried to track a punt, you’re kidding yourself.

As a baseball player, it always took a few practices to keep my head from moving while tracking fly balls. Put on a helmet and and look up into the sky and catch a punt coming down from 70/75 feet in the air?

Not a ****ing chance.

If you misplay it by 3 inches, it’s a Tyson punch to your helmeted dome. And if you don’t wear a helmet, I hope to **** there’s a neurosurgeon available fix your skull fracture.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:06 PM 11-28-2022
NFL players are a lot faster and get down the field a lot quicker than high school players. NFL punters kick it was higher than highschool kickers. I doubt any of you could do anything other than call a fair catch.

Could you imagine you see the ball and your trying to track that ball, but you also have NFL players hauling ass down the field so you have to try to judge how close they are or where they are on the field while also trying to catch the ball. Fuck that.

I don't blame Skyy Moore one bit and he shouldn't continuously be put in that situation. Is he supposed to go to his coach and tell him that he's not going to be returning punts anymore? Toub is really starting to make me not like him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:08 PM 11-28-2022
btw if you ever go to the game early or training camp there is kids out there catching punts all the time so it is not impossible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
btw if you ever go to the game early or training camp there is kids out there catching punts all the time so it is not impossible.
But see, now you're getting into semantics again, stuff that WC doesn't want to consider.

Are we talking about a contest? Or pre-game?

With all the talk of fair catches and NFL gunners, don't you think people are actually talking about fielding a punt DURING A GAME? Because they are.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But see, now you're getting into semantics again, stuff that WC doesn't want to consider.

With all the talk of fair catches and NFL gunners, don't you think people are actually talking about fielding a punt DURING A GAME? Because they are.
The question is field a punt for the Chiefs and that sounds like an in game situation. The question isn't could you catch a punt. I take the question to mean that you are fielding the punt in a game for the Chiefs.

We seem to agree
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:14 PM 11-28-2022

Sure. In a game cold turkey no fucking way. It would drop on my head and knock me out lol.

But in a game but with alot of practice with a NFL punter for a few weeks...yeah I think I could field a fair catch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sure. In a game cold turkey no fucking way. It would drop on my head and knock me out lol.

But in a game but with alot of practice with a NFL punter for a few weeks...yeah I think I could field a fair catch.
So now we're adding another qualifier - more than a month of practice with an NFL punter.

You're going to make WC's head explode.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:22 PM 11-28-2022
So now we're adding another qualifier - more than a month of practice with an NFL punter.

You're going to make WC's head explode.
without any qualifier's and no practice. Ain't no way

Were any of Moore's muffs fair catches? I don't remember.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:20 PM 11-28-2022
"It'd have to be a fair catch" is kind of a given, no?

They'd probably sever my spine if i tried returning it. But catch it? I think i got a pretty good shot at catching it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up