ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3646 of 3903
« First < 2646314635463596363636423643364436453646 3647364836493650365636963746 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 06:05 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hospitals have more motive to keep COVID patients out if hospitals because they make way more with all the other shit they do.
Or they would make more money by discharging patients and admitting new ones. They are trying to reduce the length of stay. This makes no sense.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:07 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Did a Pfizer employee steal your wife or something?
I've never trusted Big Pharma, and I don't see a reason to trust them more simply because corporate media is painting them as our saviors right now.

Two years ago Pharma had sunk to dead last in US industry ratings according to a Gallup poll. Amazing turnaround.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:14 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We've discussed it, and it probably isn't too far off. However, I think there's a tiny bit of value value in people who make it clear how far off the deep end a lot of anti-vaxxers are.
So you want this place to be as fascistic as Facebook? Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:16 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I've never trusted Big Pharma, and I don't see a reason to trust them more simply because corporate media is painting them as our saviors right now.

Two years ago Pharma had sunk to dead last in US industry ratings according to a Gallup poll. Amazing turnaround.
You know the 2 co-authors of Dr Zelenko s latest paper both work for pharmaceutical companies why do you trust them?

You are basing your opinion on perception rather than facts .
[Reply]
wazu 06:18 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So you want this place to be as fascistic as Facebook? Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
You literally quoted him stating the exact opposite of that.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:19 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
It's funny to see the weird psychology involved with how people are handling this.

A good example... Covid is an extremely low risk infection for most people (let's ignore the elderly and fatties) but a huge number of people act as if it's a death sentence and are hyper emotional over it. We also know that the vaccines are extremely low risk yet there is another distinct group who are convinced it's a conspiracy or some crazy risky thing.

What is amazing to me is how each group is not seeing the statistical hypocrisy of claiming one low risk thing is a big deal but the other is not..
Everyone knows the risks but there are some that can't accept letting people make up their own minds because they know better.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:20 PM 08-11-2021
SAN ANTONIO — At least two hospitals in Houston have been so overwhelmed with coronavirus patients this week that officials erected overflow tents outside. In Austin, hospitals were nearly out of beds in their intensive care units. And in San Antonio, a spike in virus cases reached alarming levels not seen in months, with children as young as 2 months old tethered to supplemental oxygen.

In recent days, Texas has averaged about 12,400 new cases a day, nearly double the number seen just two weeks ago, according to a New York Times database. The spike comes as about one in five U.S. hospitals with intensive care units, or 583 total hospitals, recently reported that at least 95 percent of their I.C.U. beds were full. One worry about the highly contagious Delta variant, which has fueled surges across the country, is whether it might test the capacity of health systems.

The number of coronavirus-related hospitalizations across the state is projected to climb to well over 15,000 by the end of August, according to the University of Texas at Austin’s Covid-19 model consortium.

“The fact that we’re having to construct the tents shows that the system in general is not prepared,” said Amanda Callaway, associate administrator for Harris Health System, which oversees the two hospitals in the Houston area requiring overflow space. “There’s lots of concern. There’s only so much you can do, only so many rooms. We’re just trying to respond as fast as we can.”

Aside from the tents, doctors are also treating patients in waiting rooms because of a shortage of beds, she said, adding that at least 90 percent of the coronavirus patients are unvaccinated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/11/u...tions-icu.html
[Reply]
TLO 06:20 PM 08-11-2021
FDA expected to authorize Covid-19 vaccine booster shots for some immunocompromised people within the next 48 hours
[Reply]
stevieray 06:24 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
FDA expected to authorize Covid-19 vaccine booster shots for some immunocompromised people within the next 48 hours
In other words, people who are overweight/elderly?

This is who should have been targeted for treatment from the get go.
[Reply]
wazu 06:26 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

They were.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:26 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Or they would make more money by discharging patients and admitting new ones. They are trying to reduce the length of stay. This makes no sense.
Medicare paid huge sums for every patient admitted for Covid and triple that figure for every patient treated with a ventilator.

I'm not saying there was widespread abuse, but there definitely was at certain hospitals like Elmhurst in Queens.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:28 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
You literally quoted him stating the exact opposite of that.
He said a ban "probably isn't too far off."

That's the exact opposite?
[Reply]
O.city 06:29 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

No

People with immune issues. Cancer, lupus, diabetic, etc.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:32 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
No

People with immune issues. Cancer, lupus, diabetic, etc.
Thank you.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:33 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
They were.
hmmm. I believe the elderly were.
[Reply]
Page 3646 of 3903
« First < 2646314635463596363636423643364436453646 3647364836493650365636963746 > Last »
Up