ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 69
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:16 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.
Was it that early? I thought it was in like season two but, it’s been some years since I watched the show so my memory can’t be totally trusted.

Having done the chronological thing here recently the movies are fairly fresh in my mind, and as I recall the final out come of SHIELD is never really mentioned. The subject basically dies with Winter Soldier leaving the final out come in question, because as we know in life, nothing like that has a clean ending (and that was quite interesting for me and why I recommend at least watching through that arc). And even with it eventually pulling through it is easy to assume that it is still greatly diminished and thus not a major player worth bringing into the stories.

I’m not saying it’s perfect but, it is workable.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:21 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And then went on for several more seasons. :-)

I kinda get it. If they stayed home and safe it would require crossover with MCU events. So they sent them WAAAAY the fuck out there.

And it sucked.
Here's the problem - if it IS canon, wouldn't they and all their tech be immediately procured/used by SHIELD and/or SWORD right now, especially with the Skrulls? And speaking of, wouldn't the Kree be waging war on them and Earth for their alliance? And Ghost Rider, the Dollar Store Darkhold, Epoch, on and on....

That was quite the nerd outburst. Carry on.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:47 AM 03-15-2021

[Reply]
Rausch 08:55 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.
The desire to respect continuity seems to have withered the last two years...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 03-15-2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/kingsle...us-1234714269/

Kingsley Ben-Adir To Star In Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ Series For Disney+

EXCLUSIVE: One Night In Miami star Kingsley Ben-Adir will play a lead opposite Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in Secret Invasion, the upcoming Marvel series for Disney+, Deadline has learned. In Secret Invasion, Jackson and Mendelsohn reprise their MCU characters Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos, respectively, who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years. I hear Ben-Adir will play a lead villain on the show. Marvel Studio declined comment.

Ben-Adir is coming off his starring role as Malcolm X in the Regina King-directed One Night In Miami, which has earned him awards recognition. He also recently played Barack Obama on Showtime’s The Comey Rule. Ben-Adir’s TV series credits also include The OA, Peaky Blinders and High Fidelity. He is repped by CAA and Range Media Partners.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 PM 03-18-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LQLnGHrIw

Disney CEO Bob Chapek says that Disney+ still may end up releasing Black Widow

“Our situation and our conditions change. Just a few weeks ago, theaters in New York and Los Angeles weren’t even open. Now, all of a sudden they’re open, so we’re waiting to see how prospective theatergoers respond to these reopenings.

We’re going to remain flexible. We’ll make the call probably at the last minute in terms of how these films come to market, whether it’s Black Widow or any other title. We love the theatrical window. We think it’s important for building our franchises. At the same time, we don’t think it’s the only way to do it.

We’ll see what happens over the next couple of months. So much is changing, it’s such a dynamic environment. It’s really hard to predict what’s going to happen with consumer behavior in the next month as it comes to re-emergence back into the world of normal. We’ll be watching the call carefully and make the call when we have to.”
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:49 PM 04-16-2021

#AlfredMolina has indicated that he'll be de-aged for his role as #DocOck in #SpiderManNoWayHome: "I don’t have the same physicality that I had 17 years ago!" Full quote: https://t.co/dXhaleNjAc pic.twitter.com/fmZEOAynXE

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) April 16, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:28 AM 04-19-2021

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:39 AM 04-19-2021
Too wuxia for me. Should be more enter the dragon.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:50 PM 04-19-2021
Looks like 2 hours of Asian stereotypes
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 04-21-2021
The cast of Secret Invasion is stacked! Samuel L. Jackson, Olivia Coleman, Ben Mendelsohn and now Emilia Clarke.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/emi...el-1234955746/

Emilia Clarke Joins Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ at Disney Plus

Emilia Clarke is in final negotiations to join Marvel Studios’ “Secret Invasion,” the hot original series quickly coming together at Disney Plus. The “Game of Thrones” headliner’s role is naturally under wraps, and marks her first foray into the Marvel universe. She joins previously-reported cast Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir, and Olivia Colman.

“Secret Invasion” was announced as a development property last year, one of Marvel’s many planned titles for Disney Plus. Jackson is reprising his MCU role of Nick Fury, while Mendelsohn will play the Skrull Talos as he did in the feature film “Captain Marvel.” “ The series is said to follow a group of shape-shifting aliens who have been infiltrating Earth for years. Ben-Adir has been set as the a main villain. Kyle Bradstreet is attached to write and executive produce. Kevin Feige’s unit is producing the series for the streamer, as it does all other MCU titles, including the hits “WandaVision” and “Falcon and the Winter Soldier.”

Clarke is a four-time Emmy nominee for her portrayal of Daenerys Targaryen on HBO’s global smash “Game of Thrones,” which just celebrated the 10th anniversary of its premiere. She is also a multiple Critics Choice Award nominee and was the 2018 recipient of the BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year. Clarke is an AMPAS member and was also noted as one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People. She is repped by Range Media Partners, CAA, Emptage Hallett, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman.

Her film credits include the holiday film “Last Christmas,” “Me Before You,” “Terminator Genisys,” and “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” She’ll voice a role in the upcoming animated film “The Amazing Maurice.”
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:20 PM 04-21-2021
I would have watched Secret Invasion anyway, now I have extra motivation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:31 PM 04-21-2021
Well, this is absolutely fucking awesome

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/dis...al-1234957207/

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

Disney has set a massive movie licensing pact with Sony Pictures for the U.S. that promises to bring Spider-Man and other Marvel properties to Disney Plus starting with Sony’s 2022 release slate. The wide-ranging deal, which runs through Sony’s 2026 theatrical slate, also calls for Sony titles to run across Disney’s array of streaming and linear platforms, making it unprecedented in scope as it covers Disney Plus, Hulu, FX Networks, ABC, Disney Channels and Freeform. It also includes a significant number of library titles that will be spread among various outlets.

The agreement comes on the heels of Sony’s output deal with Netflix for titles in the lucrative post-theatrical release Pay 1 window. The Disney deal covers subsequent TV windows, meaning that the titles will land on Netflix first, about nine months after the start of a film’s theatrical run. Disney is scooping up for multiple platforms the windows previously reserved for ad-supported cable and broadcast airings of movies. The Netflix and Disney deals also run for the same license term.

Like the Netflix deal, the Disney pact only covers the U.S. market, despite the global reach of the streamers. The complex agreement is likely to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Sony over the term of the deal, which runs about six years in total given the lag time for Disney getting access to the movies. With Netflix and Disney deals combined, Sony is expected to rake in about $3 billion in movie licensing over the life of the deals.

The complex deal was wrangled by Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, and Keith Le Goy, president of worldwide distribution and networks for Sony Pictures Entertainment. The deal marks another example of the entertainment industry rewiring its business models to adjust to a new era of TV exhibition and distribution.

“This landmark multi-year, platform-agnostic agreement guarantees the team at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution a tremendous amount of flexibility and breadth of programming possibilities to leverage Sony’s rich slate of award-winning action and family films across our direct-to-consumer services and linear channels,” said Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney’s Media and Entertainment Distribution. “This is a win for fans, who will benefit from the ability to access the very best content from two of Hollywood’s most prolific studios across a multitude of viewing platforms and experiences.”

Le Goy noted that the deal was “groundbreaking” and reflected the studio’s focus on getting its movies distributed as widely as possible.

“This groundbreaking agreement reconfirms the unique and enduring value of our movies to film lovers and the platforms and networks that serve them,” said Le Goy. “We are thrilled to team up with Disney on delivering our titles to their viewers and subscribers. This agreement cements a key piece of our film distribution strategy, which is to maximize the value of each of our films, by making them available to consumers across all windows with a wide range of key partners.”
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:35 PM 04-21-2021
I really tried to get into Wandavision. Do I just need to get past the few first ep before it gets good?

The whole Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched theme just doesn't do it for me. I hated Nick At Nite growing up outside of Get Smart....what a great show, Don Adams was great.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:47 PM 04-21-2021
People have been shitting on F/WS show.

I've enjoyed it so far.

More fighting/action than I expected. Some argue "well no shit cpt obvious their characters require them to be action packed or else they become stale and irrelevant.

That may be true....but it's still some good action.

Love when Bucky taps into his inner Winter Soldier buried deep. It's still there and he unleashed it in that Hong Kong nightclub or wherever the fuck they were at.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 69
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up