ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone see Adams shove the dorky camera kid?
Buehler445 09:38 PM 10-10-2022
What a sack of shit. Hope he gets suspended for that shit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:48 PM 10-11-2022
Getting flustered or angry at a waiter spilling a drink all over you or running into you with a food tray. Understandable.

Getting annoyed or frustrated with a ball boy who disrupts your tennis serve by accidentally running into the court. Reasonable.

Pushing either the waiter or ball boy to the ground? Psychotic.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:54 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Man, The Huffington Post is so racist...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/davan...b0e376dc05768f

Davante Adams Is An Outright 'Bully' For Cheap Shot At Camera Operator After Loss
Please point that out.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:55 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
None of this justifies shoving him to the ground then walking away without so much as an apology.

I love how people are painting this like this harmless kid was being totally reckless or a douche bag. He’s an innocent kid trying his hardest at his job. He made a totally harmless mistake.

It’s not acceptable to do this to a random person on a crosswalk. Much less to a grocery store worker. Much less to an staffer in your organization. Much less to a person who is many levels below you working hard to earn a living. What kind of messed up dystopia did we fall into where people shrug this off?
Well the victim WAS white, sooo...
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:55 PM 10-11-2022
Maxx Crosby should face a fine or penalty for throwing, what I am guessing is a beer bottle in to the stands.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:01 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I dunno. I mean, I'd be pissed if the dude shoved me at work, and if I sprained an ankle or something, I'd expect some compensation for that, but I'm not gonna sue the pants off a guy, just because he's a Raider.

I'd actually tell him I appreciate the apology, and could he please help me with the medical bills and the trip to the hospital.

As far as the criminal assault, I think Adams was walking and the guy popped in front of him. Seemed more a reflexive defensive thing to me. BUT...he should have stopped to help the guy up and check on him.

Whatever. He should not be sued, but he should do the right thing and make it right for the guy. But nowadays, we all gotta sue don't we...
I would! All day every day. It’s my duty as a Chiefs’ fan.
[Reply]
loochy 05:22 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So you are saying that Adams thought they were running another play and ran into the first person he saw?
If anyone could do that it would be a raider
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:33 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I think people have a misunderstanding of how lawsuits work. All kidding aside, KCUnited's point might be the best one for a possible settlement or basis for a suit and even that will be tough. Adams (or more likely his agent or attorney) may decide to just pay this kid some cash to get it to go away, but an actual lawsuit that nets the camera guy "life changing" money is highly unlikely. He could get compensation for medical bills and therapy is he claims he now is afraid to go to work but it would be very hard to prove actual damages. His lawyer can drudge up all sort of verbiage that again, Adams may just decide "fuck it, I'll pay this kid $100K (just picking a number) so he goes away" but if you think Adams is losing millions on this, you've read to many John Grisham novels.

That being said, it was a dick move and he absolutely should be suspended a game and face the same legal consequences any of us would face for shoving someone at work (probably a fine unless you have a record already)
100K? Probably could squeeze out another 50K in the State of Missouri. But, anyway...

sold.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:35 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Maxx Crosby should face a fine or penalty for throwing, what I am guessing is a beer bottle in to the stands.
He should face a fine and a suspension.

He is a Raider that likes to wink at other boys.

Lock him up!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:21 PM 10-11-2022
I’ve seen multiple people say the camera guy made a mistake or was where he shouldn’t be. I don’t buy that. He has every right to walk around in those areas and it’s a normal thing that happens all the time. Also it’s not like the whole team was leaving the field at once and the guy jumped in the midden of a stampede off the field.
[Reply]
srvy 06:48 PM 10-11-2022
I think being called the dorky camera kid is a worse insult than getting knocked on your can by a professional athlete.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:49 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
As if you never said to somebody not paying attention to watch where they are going when they walk into you. Kids in grade school say that.

He pushed him harder than was justified, but nothing wrong with the apology. The guy was not checking both ways when crossing the only walkway off the field.

If he can't watch where he is going because of his gear, get assistance to be his eyes or to pause the traffic.
What most people do is not shove them. I teach in a middle school and see kids get in each others way literally 100s of times a day. They almost never say anything and even less of the time ever shove each other to the ground for it when a stranger gets in their way. In fact I've never seen it.
People fighting who know each other, sure. And even when I've seen people be verbal jerks to reach other, it's a kid that is a dick and and a bully.

Never seen a good kid shove someone. Never done it myself and I've been mad plenty of times in my life as have the rest of us.
[Reply]
jettio 06:50 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Read your post again, slowly, if you still think it sounds good then you are an idiot... Most people would bump into someone and maybe give them a dirty look, but not push them down in any normal setting, let alone in that situation. It was wrong and his apology was more wrong... He didn't care right away, he looked at him like he was trash that deserved it. If it hadn't been caught on camera he wouldn't have said a thing.
Learn to read. I said the push was too hard and deserves a punishment from the league. But the apology is fine because the part that folks say make the apology insufficient is Adams stating a fact.

It is true that the guy was moving too fast, crossing the main walkway right at the entrance of the ramp, and not paying attention to who he was cutting off.

Whatever league imposes is fine with me.

It would be stupid for KCPD to ticket it and I doubt they would.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:54 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Learn to read. I said the push was too hard and deserves a punishment from the league. But the apology is fine because the part that folks say make the apology insufficient is Adams stating a fact.

It is true that the guy was moving too fast, crossing the main walkway right at the entrance of the ramp, and not paying attention to who he was cutting off.

Whatever league imposes is fine with me.

It would be stupid for KCPD to ticket it and I doubt they would.

Saying he pushed him harder than justified is ridiculous in itself. Pushing him at all is ridiculous. And the apology itself is bullshit because even in it he isn't being honest. If you regret it immediately you don't pass by him without reaching out. Unless he doesn't know what immediately means he is isn't being honest. Kind of the point of a true apology. But then if he had felt bad immediately he could have actually, you know, apologized to the guy instead of saying it to other people.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:57 PM 10-11-2022
The only reason he apologized IMO is because it was caught on camera and it hit the media.
[Reply]
jettio 07:02 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Saying he pushed him harder than justified is ridiculous in itself. Pushing him at all is ridiculous. And the apology itself is bullshit because even in it he isn't being honest. If you regret it immediately you don't pass by him without reaching out. Unless he doesn't know what immediately means he is isn't being honest. Kind of the point of a true apology. But then if he had felt bad immediately he could have actually, you know, apologized to the guy instead of saying it to other people.
Threadstarter called the guy the dorky camera kid.

Why don't you put your anti-bullying training to work and counsel threadstarter on not calling names?

Better yet, let's have an honest teacher's opinion on jjchieffan renaming Davante Adams and claiming race was not on his mind when he did that.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up