ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:46 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Early on, they should run the ball right at these DE's that want to crash upfield in anticipation of a deep drop. Mix in some quick-hitting throws with those running plays and our pass protectors will have a much easier job. I don't ever want to just give up on the deep and intermediate throws, but you've got to punish defenses when they lean too hard in one direction. The game plan yesterday very well could have been just that, but with the score getting out of hand so quickly, it never had a chance to materialize.
I think we need to run the ball more often. Reid backs away too fast. Especially if we have a run for little or no gain. A running game takes more than 7 hand offs a game to work. And teams know we are too stubborn to run the ball and check it down.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:48 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hmm, yeah, that is an incredibly deep drop.

If the interior of the OL is supposed to be a strength, why not step up?
Perhaps Mahomes needs to focus a little more on football and maybe a little less on his outside endeavors? I say that in the context of him becoming massively wealthy in the last couple years, buying into the Royals, buying into Sporting KC, etc.

I get the endorsements and such but I kind of wonder if him an the girlfriend are kinda going Charlie Sheen in Major League 2 just a bit?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 10-25-2021
Pat Mahomes 3 years ago...

Pat Mahomes this year:

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:10 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think we need to run the ball more often. Reid backs away too fast. Especially if we have a run for little or no gain. A running game takes more than 7 hand offs a game to work. And teams know we are too stubborn to run the ball and check it down.
We don't have the luxury of being patient with the running game when opponents start marching down the field and scoring at will from the get go. And I can't imagine Reid is gameplanning with the assumption that's what is going to happen and I can't imagine it's possible even if he wanted to. So whatever the gameplan is, we are getting taken out of it right off the bat and start throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick and everything unravels from there.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:01 PM 11-07-2021
Dude is starting to worry me a bit. He is missing easy reads, making bad passes and bad decisions.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:31 PM 11-07-2021
Fuck the doubters
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:32 PM 11-07-2021
Fuck anyone who thinks something is wrong with Mahomes. Mother fuck you

[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:34 PM 11-07-2021
He’s going through his first real rut. There are a lot of reasons that could be causing it, but I think we’re really seeing the comfort Schwartz and Fish gave him at the tackles. Seems like he’s inside his own head a bit, but as that last pass proved, Patrick is still there (the safer move would have been to throw it away) - and I have full confidence he’ll figure it out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:35 PM 11-07-2021
I wonder if Henne would have made that final play. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:36 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We've already seen him do similar before so maybe?
[Reply]
stumppy 06:36 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude is starting to worry me a bit. He is missing easy reads, making bad passes and bad decisions.
Yea, something ain't right. This isn't the same guy that played the last 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Lzen 06:41 PM 11-07-2021
Mahomes is just in a slump. He will get right at some point and you all will be happy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:46 PM 11-07-2021
Absolutely not and it’s hilarious if people think so. No way Henne gets enough ass on that ball to avoid a pick.
[Reply]
TLO 06:46 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Yea, something ain't right. This isn't the same guy that played the last 3 seasons.
He made the play that won us the game.

Something isn't right, but it won't be like this forever.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:46 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Absolutely not and it’s hilarious if people think so. No way Henne gets enough ass on that ball to avoid a pick.
Might have run the ball more throughout the game with Henne in though.

Not saying Mahomes should be benched but the gameplan would have been completely fucking different with Henne in there and who knows how the game plays out.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up