ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Media Center>Serial Podcast
Pushead2 01:13 PM 11-03-2014
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:42 AM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...hl-case-826653

'Serial' to Tackle Bowe Bergdahl Case for Upcoming Season
Yesterday's rumors were apparently true as its out. Not sure about the topic though. It's had plenty of recent high profile exposure
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:15 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Yesterday's rumors were apparently true as its out. Not sure about the topic though. It's had plenty of recent high profile exposure
what were the rumors?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:50 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
what were the rumors?
That serial s2 was releasing today. Listened to the first episode this morning. Episode 2 sounds interesting
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:26 PM 12-10-2015
Should be an interesting season to say the least.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 PM 12-12-2015
I don't have much of an interest in military stuff, so I didn't get much out of it. Kind of disappointing, but maybe it'll draw me in over the course of the season.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:12 PM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't have much of an interest in military stuff, so I didn't get much out of it. Kind of disappointing, but maybe it'll draw me in over the course of the season.
I can understand your PoV, but you know it's going to get interesting.

Nothing has me more interested than Netflix's new crime investigation series! !!!1!1!11!!

"Making A Murderer - Trailer - Netflix [HD]"
https://youtu.be/qxgbdYaR_KQ
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 12-17-2015
Episode 2 is out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:31 PM 01-05-2016
Listened to episode 3. Not as intriguing as season 1....but still interesting to hear Bergdahl's experiences.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:53 PM 01-27-2016
Listened to the 1/21 released episode last night.
This is honestly more interesting than I expected. It's crazy to hear some of the tales of what friends/family and others did that in some cases nearly led to his rescue.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:25 PM 01-27-2016
The last episode was the first one this season that really pulled me in the way season one did.
[Reply]
Pushead2 07:32 PM 02-01-2016
As an FYI, Adnan's PCR hearing is the 3rd, 4th & 5th.

It's not being televised due to Maryland law, but I'm sure there will be updates in the courtroom via twitter, etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
As an FYI, Adnan's PCR hearing is the 3rd, 4th & 5th.

It's not being televised due to Maryland law, but I'm sure there will be updates in the courtroom via twitter, etc.
Serial has recaps from each day. Day 1 is up right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:49 PM 02-05-2016
Day 2 is up.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:41 PM 06-30-2016
Adnan Syed got a re-trial.
[Reply]
Buck 05:59 PM 06-30-2016
Wow, I didn't expect that.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >