ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>More evidence that Chiefsplanet is "different" when it comes to the Chiefs...
htismaqe 11:17 AM 01-16-2019
There's something about being "hardcore", we've always known it I guess. When things are bad with the team, this place can be almost unbearable for sure. But is it really always that CP is just more "negative" than the average fan?

I was listening to 810 this morning, especially them talking with Brooke Pryor from the Star. I seems to me that a slight (or maybe higher) majority here not only like the Patriots matchup and think they can win but WANT the Patriots matchup - you know, the old adage "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

From listening to the radio this morning (granted, it was only a couple of hours) it sure sounded to me like nobody wanted them to face the Patriots. The tone seemed more about the easiest path to the Super Bowl and being somewhat intimidated by the thought of facing Tom Brady.

For me, I see both sides of it. They are a dynastic team. He is one of the greatest QBs every - arguably the greatest. But really when it come down to it, does it matter? Nobody thought they could beat the Colts or the Curse. And yet they did.

The Chiefs are going to win this Sunday. Mark it down. And when they do, NOBODY will be able to say "but it was the Chargers. You didn't have to play the Patriots".

It's time for a new dynasty! It starts THIS SUNDAY!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:41 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Skeptical, cynical, yep.

That's why I posted what I posted - it SEEMS negative primarily because of the state of the team most years. But success like this really shows the difference.

Because right now, Chiefsplanet is one of the most POSITIVE places I'm visiting on the web.
The reason I like this place is because I rarely have to ARGUE about the value of the QB position. People here 'get it'.

Which is why they mostly understand that we have a generational talent at QB, and everything is different now. No more mewling for the scraps of Tom Brady and the New England winning machine.

Fuck them. The king is dead. Long live the king.
[Reply]
greg63 07:52 PM 01-16-2019
Someone forgot to tell our QB that the last game was too big for him; that the pressure would be too much to break the Colts playoff curse. They also forgot to tell our, worst in the league, defense that they would not be to stop the Colts (0 for 9 on 3rd down conversions). Ive a feeling that they wont get those memos again this weekend.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
In 1993 when KC had to play Buffalo in Buffalo in brutal cold, the Bills knocked the day living shit out of a geriatric Joe Montana. Once he was out of the game, they cruised. Just sayin'....not a bad strategy on a old QB in frigid weather.
no one will ever convince me that if Montana doesn’t get the concussion, we win that game and the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:17 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
no one will ever convince me that if Montana doesn’t get the concussion, we win that game and the Super Bowl.
all true
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:20 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
all those hits on Montana would be penalties today...:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:21 PM 01-16-2019
AFC Revenge Tour...

Colts, Pats

If the Rams win... We can clear that off the list as well.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:24 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
We are going to win the Super Bowl. I have total peace and confidence it's going to happen. Feel exactly the same as I did in 2015 with the Royals.
Yes. It feels like 2015 Royals after the ALDS Game 4 comeback. It was a party the rest of the way.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:25 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
AFC Revenge Tour...

Colts, Pats

If the Rams win... We can clear that off the list as well.
SB matchup works either way. Revenge against the Rams or silence Brees' MVP supporters.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:50 PM 01-16-2019
By playing the Pats we have lots of new fans cheering us on, unfortunately they will be cheering for Brees also.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up