ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>More evidence that Chiefsplanet is "different" when it comes to the Chiefs...
htismaqe 11:17 AM 01-16-2019
There's something about being "hardcore", we've always known it I guess. When things are bad with the team, this place can be almost unbearable for sure. But is it really always that CP is just more "negative" than the average fan?

I was listening to 810 this morning, especially them talking with Brooke Pryor from the Star. I seems to me that a slight (or maybe higher) majority here not only like the Patriots matchup and think they can win but WANT the Patriots matchup - you know, the old adage "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

From listening to the radio this morning (granted, it was only a couple of hours) it sure sounded to me like nobody wanted them to face the Patriots. The tone seemed more about the easiest path to the Super Bowl and being somewhat intimidated by the thought of facing Tom Brady.

For me, I see both sides of it. They are a dynastic team. He is one of the greatest QBs every - arguably the greatest. But really when it come down to it, does it matter? Nobody thought they could beat the Colts or the Curse. And yet they did.

The Chiefs are going to win this Sunday. Mark it down. And when they do, NOBODY will be able to say "but it was the Chargers. You didn't have to play the Patriots".

It's time for a new dynasty! It starts THIS SUNDAY!
[Reply]
luv 01:10 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
We are going beat the HELL out of the Patriots just like we say at the games.

Because Chiefs that's why and Patriots are dumb bitches.
How long has it been since you've been to a game?
[Reply]
RocKhawks 01:16 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
How long has it been since you've been to a game?
I was going to say, they don't do that anymore. Any new chants other than "home of the Chiefffsss" or the "Tomahawk Chop" ?
[Reply]
JakeF 06:01 PM 01-16-2019
Our offense is getting a bit healthier. Our defense is playing a bit better. We have a better chance of beating the Patriots than any other AFC Team.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:04 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Our offense is getting a bit healthier. Our defense is playing a bit better. We have a better chance of beating the Patriots than any other AFC Team.
JakeF is a believer! He thought we were gonna lose to the Raiders in Week 17. We got this, guys!
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:23 PM 01-16-2019
Chiefs planet is the alpha males and females of chiefs fans!
[Reply]
crispystl 06:31 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
This place had definitely turned me into a bit of a Chiefs snob. We have smart posters who actually know what they are talking about. I've had conversations with fans that I've met in person and they are...decidedly less informed.
Yeah I'm with you. When I meet a casual fan or Facebook "fan" I'm just not very interested. I come here for best Chiefs conversation.
[Reply]
bobbything 06:36 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It doesn't matter who we play.

If we are on our game, no one can beat us.

This team probably would have gone 15-1 if Ward had replaced Scandrick prior to the Pats game.

Scandrick lost three games this year. Pats, Rams, Chargers.
He could have won us two of those (Rams, Chargers) but he dropped a game-sealing interception in both of them. That’s how close we were to going 14-2 this year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:38 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Hence why I always invite Clay. No one makes me feel so...normal. :-)

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:43 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
In 1993 when KC had to play Buffalo in Buffalo in brutal cold, the Bills knocked the day living shit out of a geriatric Joe Montana. Once he was out of the game, they cruised. Just sayin'....not a bad strategy on a old QB in frigid weather.
Can we turn the field at Arrowhead into a cement surface? That would make it easier for us to squish Brady's wrinkly child lip-kissing ass into bone dust
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:44 PM 01-16-2019
i have to 'shop Brady into Montana's helmet now
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:46 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's something about being "hardcore", we've always known it I guess. When things are bad with the team, this place can be almost unbearable for sure. But is it really always that CP is just more "negative" than the average fan?

I was listening to 810 this morning, especially them talking with Brooke Pryor from the Star. I seems to me that a slight (or maybe higher) majority here not only like the Patriots matchup and think they can win but WANT the Patriots matchup - you know, the old adage "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

From listening to the radio this morning (granted, it was only a couple of hours) it sure sounded to me like nobody wanted them to face the Patriots. The tone seemed more about the easiest path to the Super Bowl and being somewhat intimidated by the thought of facing Tom Brady.

For me, I see both sides of it. They are a dynastic team. He is one of the greatest QBs every - arguably the greatest. But really when it come down to it, does it matter? Nobody thought they could beat the Colts or the Curse. And yet they did.

The Chiefs are going to win this Sunday. Mark it down. And when they do, NOBODY will be able to say "but it was the Chargers. You didn't have to play the Patriots".

It's time for a new dynasty! It starts THIS SUNDAY!
We lost in the final 2 minutes by 3 points in THEIR house with a QB starting his 7th game. Patrick was clearly amped up and started out rough. If the D that showed up last Saturday shows up again this week, we'll be celebrating after the game under a Super(bowl) Blood(red) (KC)Wolf Moon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:48 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Skeptical, cynical, yep.

That's why I posted what I posted - it SEEMS negative primarily because of the state of the team most years. But success like this really shows the difference.

Because right now, Chiefsplanet is one of the most POSITIVE places I'm visiting on the web.
Holy shit. How sad is that????:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:22 PM 01-16-2019
Y*p!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:32 PM 01-16-2019
We are going to win the Super Bowl. I have total peace and confidence it's going to happen. Feel exactly the same as I did in 2015 with the Royals.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:38 PM 01-16-2019
Makes sense for them. Me?

I was rooting for the Colts to beat the Texans. I WANTED them in Arrowhead. I knew there was a new priest in town, and some ****ing demons were going to be exorcised.

I was rooting for the Patriots. I WANTED to play the patriots. I admit I was not hoping for them to win so dominantly, but I wanted this game. I"ve wanted THIS GAME since week 6. I knew there would be another, more important, chapter in the dethroning of Tom Brady. After this game is over, there will only be one thing to say:

The king is dead. Long live the (new) king.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up