Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Led Zeppelin
Boon 12:57 AM 12-08-2018
I like Led Zeppelin......that is all
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:29 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The GVF kids love Zeppelin, they have played their songs and acknowledge they are a Huge influence on their music. Their guitarist states Jimmy Page was the model for his own style. I don't think they are trying to hide it or ride the coattails of Zep-like a band called Kingdom Come- who purposely put music out that copycatted LZ at a time when rumors were flying around about a reunion. Jason Bonham has made a career on Zep as well.

To me, it is not the same. They are not directly stealing Zep riffs ( as Zep did when they started) and only on Safari Song- does his wail at the start- really sound just like Plant. Others songs I think he sounds pretty distinctive.

GVF has a monster sound on drums- but come on, there was only 1 John Bonham. Nobody will ever steal his thunder. Plant as well- he is the Original Rock God and he should be flattered his influence is keeping the torch of rock alive.

The hate on Social Media is kind of ridiculous- Zep has been gone a long time and they don't own a patent on rock and roll. Plant would be wise to give these kids (and that is what they are) his blessing, to keep being creative and take music Rock/ Blues into a new direction.
It is just a little too on the nose for me personally.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:36 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I agree with every bit of this, GVF arent stealing anything... its just a strange confluence of events that the Zep loving brothers found a singer who just happens to sound a lot like Plant

They're awesome in my book

The similarities are organic, not premeditated... I'll be going to great lengths to see GVF this summer, cant wait
GVF coming to Starlight this summer- got my tickets today.

Their new record is pretty awesome. Should put all the Zep stuff to bed. These kids rock.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:19 PM 05-18-2019

The echo is awesome. Plus bonham yelling whenever he plays a fill
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 05-18-2019
Been a fan since I was 12, about 40 years ago. At one time or another I thought each and every Zep song was my favorite. Or that Zeppelin III was my favorite, then years later it was HoH, or whatever.

Right now I'm back to the 'primitive' phase, really enjoying bits like, "Babe, I'm gonna Leave You," and "You Shook Me," etc.

What's interesting to me is how younger people react to hearing Zep for the first time now. My brother's kids, my other 7 god children, friends' children, etc. all are now 'discovering' Zeppelin and the looks on their faces when they finally understand that bands are supposed to play real instruments, that vocals are about more than just rhyming or a beat, is incredible to see.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:22 PM 05-18-2019

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:24 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:

This Beato guy has a great channel fyi
LOVE his "what makes this song great" series
[Reply]
GayFrogs 09:11 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
LOVE his "what makes this song great" series
Same here, although many of those songs aren't great. Episode 1 is a blink 182 song :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:16 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
Same here, although many of those songs aren't great. Episode 1 is a blink 182 song :-)
Yeah I did not watch that one.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 09:18 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sweet

Also weird to hear a totally different heartbreaker solo (even if it ends super awkwardly)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:18 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No Quarter, . . no question.
There's a Zeppelin bootleg called "Destroyer" recorded in Cleveland on the 1977 tour, the "No Quarter" is super long and during John Paul Jones' solo, he goes into this baroque-influenced neo classical piano solo that has to be heard to be believed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:20 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
Sweet

Also weird to hear a totally different heartbreaker solo (even if it ends super awkwardly)
That's the original solo from the basic track; Page overdubbed the new solo in its place at a later date - you can heat the guitar in the solo is actually a semi-tone off in tuning from the rest of the song.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:02 AM 05-19-2019
Found these guys on youtube, they freeform Kashmir and I think are very good

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:06 AM 05-19-2019
These guys are good, but they actually tell you they are the best, in fact they are a test for greatness

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:26 AM 05-23-2019
Grew up on Zep back in my childhood it was 100% what i listened to. This song has been stuck in my head lately.

[Reply]
Nixhex 09:41 AM 05-23-2019

[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up