ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>The Mule- Clint Eastwood!
Halfcan 03:21 PM 11-03-2018
Saw the trailer run before Bohemian Rhapsody. Looks amazing. Eastwood Stars and Directs. He better dust off his shelf for another Oscar award!

Broke, alone and facing foreclosure on his business, Earl Stone takes a job as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel. His immediate success leads to easy money and a larger shipment that soon draws the attention of hard-charging DEA agent Colin Bates. When Earl's past mistakes start to weigh heavily on his conscience, he must decide whether to right those wrongs before law enforcement and cartel thugs catch up to him.

Release date: December 14, 2018 (USA)
Director: Clint Eastwood
Based on: "The Sinaloa Cartel's 90-Year-Old Drug Mule"; by Sam Dolnick
Produced by: Clint Eastwood
Production companies: Malpaso Productions, Bron Studios
Cast:

Clint Eastwood
Taissa Farmiga
Bradley Cooper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QksSzK7sI
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:18 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
There is a nice long fade out scene at the end. Evidently, Clint has said that will be the last, but will continue to direct.

I hope we see him at 100, kicking some dudes ass-lol
I could go for a Dirty Harry 6
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:28 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
He should have hung it up after Unforgiven. Gran Torino is the worst movie I have ever seen in the theater.

Useless fact: Clint was in a Francis the Talking Mule back in the 50s. Full circle, baby.
I loved Gran Torino. I didn't bother seeing it in the theater, but it was far from the worst movie I've ever seen...
[Reply]
notorious 12:32 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I could go for a Dirty Harry 6
“Go ahead punk, make my day.....as long as it’s before 4. Can’t miss bedtime.”
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 PM 12-26-2018
I liked Gran Torino. But this, I mean, why the fuck would I want to go see a movie about some geriatric drug mule? The entire premise just seems like some awful part of life that I'd just as soon not know about.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:51 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I liked Gran Torino. But this, I mean, why the fuck would I want to go see a movie about some geriatric drug mule? The entire premise just seems like some awful part of life that I'd just as soon not know about.
At this point, just go for the brilliance that is Eastwood. Both directing and acting. Enjoy his work while he's still putting it out.
[Reply]
bowener 09:09 AM 12-27-2018
I heard this sucked and was only better than his previous garbage film that used the gimmicky method of having the real people play themselves. Can anybody confirm?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:37 AM 12-27-2018
Awesome looking flick. Gran Torino was great. Gotta love Clint.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:21 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Went to it see this afternoon. Meh.. It was kind of slow and below average for one of his films.

agreed, it was not as good as hoped. Rather jumpy in parts, they skip around especially towards the beginning rather abruptly.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:23 PM 12-27-2018
https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/the-m...rue-leo-sharp/
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:39 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I loved Gran Torino. I didn't bother seeing it in the theater, but it was far from the worst movie I've ever seen...
Yea, Gran Torino was awesome. I loved it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:44 PM 12-27-2018
The dude is 88 years old, still starring in movies. Quite amazing.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:50 PM 12-27-2018
Gran Torino was shit. The acting was pathetic, the level of casual racism by Clint's character was so over the top it was cartoonish, and his character's brilliant plan to beat the bad guys was ludicrous and contradicted everything we had learned about the neighborhood throughout the movie.

But, other than that...no, actually it still sucked.

The only way that POS movie could have been saved is if Clyde from the "Any Which Way" movies showed and slaughtered the gangbangers with a straight-razor.
[Reply]
srvy 12:58 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Gran Torino was shit. The acting was pathetic, the level of casual racism by Clint's character was so over the top it was cartoonish, and his character's brilliant plan to beat the bad guys was ludicrous and contradicted everything we had learned about the neighborhood throughout the movie.

But, other than that...no, actually it still sucked.

The only way that POS movie could have been saved is if Clyde from the "Any Which Way" movies showed and slaughtered the gangbangers with a straight-razor.
You are probably in a very small minority with your review.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:06 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yep, that movie was fantastic. While this one isn't quite as good as Gran Torino, it holds it own. Gran Torino 9/10 and The Mule 7.5/10. I consider Gran Torino to be some of his best work.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:13 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Totally.
Anyone that didn't dig Gran Torino can get the **** off my lawn.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up