ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Spiderman into the Spiderverse Animated Movie
Sure-Oz 09:49 AM 06-06-2018
@SpiderVerse: What makes you different is what makes you Spider-Man. Watch the new Spider-Man: Into The #SpiderVerse trailer now - in theaters this Christmas. https://twitter.com/SpiderVerse/stat...693504/video/1

Can someone embed the trailer?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:11 PM 06-06-2018
Looks pretty cool and I'm a sucker for anything Spider-Man.

What animation style is that?
[Reply]
Fish 05:16 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

What animation style is that?
The Incredibles.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:58 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Incredibles.
Except this has the framerate of your average gumby claymation.
[Reply]
Fish 08:28 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Except this has the framerate of your average gumby claymation.
:-)... fucking Gumby...

I believe the frame rate thing is intentional. I think they're trying to do some sort of hybrid animation/stop motion/matrix type thing to try and capture the feel of a real comic book experience. Briefly switching to a comic book type texture and quickly back again. And digitally mimicking the way that comics try to emulate motion.

Can't decide whether I like it. The goofy Incredibles faces kinda takes me out of the moment. Like a trippy Waking Life version of the Incredibles.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:59 AM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)... ****ing Gumby...

I believe the frame rate thing is intentional. I think they're trying to do some sort of hybrid animation/stop motion/matrix type thing to try and capture the feel of a real comic book experience. Briefly switching to a comic book type texture and quickly back again. And digitally mimicking the way that comics try to emulate motion.

Can't decide whether I like it. The goofy Incredibles faces kinda takes me out of the moment. Like a trippy Waking Life version of the Incredibles.
Fair enough. I hate it, and I think you're being generous. I think they overdid it on detail and shorted time on the models and total frames. The movement is... awkward.

I don't mind stylized art (I actually prefer it) but it's the other things that bother me.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:27 AM 06-07-2018
So, is Miles Morales really as good of a Spider-Man as some claim, or is this just another SJW attempt by Marvel that people are afraid to say is a bad idea? Honest question, as I have not read the comics in years.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:42 AM 06-07-2018
Don't care. I'll see as I'm a huge sucker for Spiderman anything.
[Reply]
Fish 07:51 AM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So, is Miles Morales really as good of a Spider-Man as some claim, or is this just another SJW attempt by Marvel that people are afraid to say is a bad idea? Honest question, as I have not read the comics in years.
I haven't read the Miles Morales versions. But everything I've heard says it's basically the Obama Spiderman created because we got a black president.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:20 AM 06-07-2018
Peter Parker is Spiderman.
Steve Rogers is Captain America.
Tony Stark is Iron Man.
Thor is a man.

Any other identities are just silly cash grabs.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:54 PM 06-07-2018
I love miles. He is a great character and they pulled a lot from his comics I feel in spiderman homecoming. Peters best friend for example.

I also love how they started his character in the comics. Peter did what he did because of the guilt of not saving uncle Ben. Miles does what he does because of the guilt of not saving Peter. (peter Parker dies in the ultimate universe)
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:59 PM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Peter Parker is Spiderman.
Steve Rogers is Captain America.
Tony Stark is Iron Man.
Thor is a man.

Any other identities are just silly cash grabs.
I have to say I really disagree with this. The characters get stale after 40 years and sometimes you have to mix it up. People made a big deal about the falcon being captain America, but Bucky Barnes has done it before.

Unworthy Thor was a fresh take on his character and there was a time limit on how long Jane Foster was going to be thor (she had cancer and being thor was negating her treatments).

Some changes have worked well while others haven't. It all comes down to if they can tell a good story or not.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:35 PM 11-28-2018
100% on Rotten Tomatoes after 38 reviews.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 11-29-2018
Laaaaaaame
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:41 AM 11-29-2018
This looks so damn good.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up