ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 79
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Watson can eat dicks. It's not entirely his fault, it's the fault of the idiots on NFL Network and...DeBerg...that were sucking this guy off last year when he was throwing jump balls that Hopkins and Fuller were coming down with. It's for the guys that were calling him the new hotness and the Chiefs were taking bullets because "they passed on Watson and Mahomes can't even get on the field..."

Nah, I don't have to cut down Deshaun Watson...but I'm going to continue to do it anyway.
Whether we like it or not, the two will always be tied. We traded up and could’ve had either one. We took Mahomes, because we thought (and it sure looks like we were right) that he’s the better QB. Think Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. Think Sam Bowie and Michael Jordan. This is just how it goes.

Do we need to tear Watson down? No probably not.

If you switched the two QB’s performances, would every media member tear down the Chiefs for passing on Watson? Absolutely.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:22 AM 01-07-2019
Watson = Young Alex Smith
Mahomes = Mahomes
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:28 AM 01-07-2019

Watson can eat dicks. It's not entirely his fault, it's the fault of the idiots on NFL Network and...DeBerg...that were sucking this guy off last year when he was throwing jump balls that Hopkins and Fuller were coming down with. It's for the guys that were calling him the new hotness and the Chiefs were taking bullets because "they passed on Watson and Mahomes can't even get on the field..."

Nah, I don't have to cut down Deshaun Watson...but I'm going to continue to do it anyway.
I love it.

my thoughts exactly
[Reply]
TEX 10:32 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Watson = Young Alex Smith
Mahomes = Mahomes
More like RGIII, but I get your point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:33 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Whether we like it or not, the two will always be tied. We traded up and could’ve had either one. We took Mahomes, because we thought (and it sure looks like we were right) that he’s the better QB. Think Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. Think Sam Bowie and Michael Jordan. This is just how it goes.

Do we need to tear Watson down? No probably not.

If you switched the two QB’s performances, would every media member tear down the Chiefs for passing on Watson? Absolutely.
Then why should we be excluded from laughing at the Texans for missing out on Mahomes and not jumping the gun fast enough?

Why shouldn't we tell all the Skip Bayless types to suck our dicks? Not to mention all the other guys who think clutch performances in college matter one fucking morsel of jack shit in the pros? That's why Watson has this reputation for being a great QB, because he just wins. It's stupid. The guy is clearly deficient in several important skill areas if you want to be a top 10 QB in this league, and no amount of supposed "clutch gene" will ever balance that out and turn him into a top 10 QB if he doesn't improve his reads, throwing velocity, mid-range accuracy, pocket presence, and learning how to take care of himself.

Mahomes is better than Watson. Many people (including on this board) thought it was the other way around when Watson looked "soooooo gooooood" and Mahomes was on the bench. Same goes for the entire fucking media. I didn't see a single Colin Cowherd/Eric Mangini/Jason Whitlock/Skip Bayless trash Watson last year or this year the way they trash Mahomes. Not fucking once. Steve Smith is the first person I've seen accurately call Watson out for his shortcomings.

I'm gonna talk shit for a loooooong time. My team has the best QB from the 2017 draft. My team was right. Suck my team's dick.

And fuck Deshaun Watson.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:35 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Then why should we be excluded from laughing at the Texans for missing out on Mahomes and not jumping the gun fast enough?

Why shouldn't we tell all the Skip Bayless types to suck our dicks? Not to mention all the other guys who think clutch performances in college matter one fucking morsel of jack shit in the pros? That's why Watson has this reputation for being a great QB, because he just wins. It's stupid. The guy is clearly deficient in several important skill areas if you want to be a top 10 QB in this league, and no amount of supposed "clutch gene" will ever balance that out and turn him into a top 10 QB if he doesn't improve his reads, throwing velocity, mid-range accuracy, pocket presence, and learning how to take care of himself.

Mahomes is better than Watson. Many people (including on this board) thought it was the other way around when Watson looked "soooooo gooooood" and Mahomes was on the bench. Same goes for the entire fucking media. I didn't see a single Colin Cowherd/Eric Mangini/Jason Whitlock/Skip Bayless trash Watson last year or this year the way they trash Mahomes. Not fucking once. Steve Smith is the first person I've seen accurately call Watson out for his shortcomings.

I'm gonna talk shit for a loooooong time. My team has the best QB from the 2017 draft. My team was right. Suck my team's dick.

And fuck Deshaun Watson.
I didn’t say we shouldn’t. I said we probably don’t need to.

I’ve been talking a bunch of shit to everyone I know who was all over Watson’s nuts last year or anyone who claimed Mahomes couldn’t translate to the pro game.

We could take the high road, but it’s a lot more satisfying to throw it in everyone’s face.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 AM 01-07-2019
Media guys will never be over Watson cause of his college career, so they desire for him to be good.
[Reply]
TEX 10:54 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Media guys will never be over Watson cause of his college career, so they desire for him to be good.
This. It was sickening about how the local guys were building him up this week. They were saying stuff like ,"Because Watson has done this and that on the biggest stage etc. that they would take him over Luck if and when a play needed to be made." Over Andrew Luck??? REALLY??? When he and the Colts just bitch - slapped you 3 weeks ago in your place, and ended your 9 game winning streak, and made it look EASY! :-)

I actually called into the show, got on the radio and said the Colts would win by 2 scores. Said they just had to take Hopkins away from Watson, like they did a few weeks prior, and Watson would fold. Pissed off the whole damn city in the process. :-)

Many of my friends heard me on 610AM and called laughing their asses off in part because I was going toe to toe with the hosts telling them basically what you said - about they build Watson up to make him great because of his college career.

Gonna call back this afternoon for an " I TOLD YOU SO! :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:21 AM 01-07-2019
Anyone who was on board with Watson over Mahomes......Punch yourself in the bean bag right now. Open hand since you're a Chiefs fan, but you deserve a bag tag.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:42 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
More like RGIII, but I get your point.
He's better, but I have a hard time thinking Watson will ever win a Superbowl and just be a Playoff quarterback like Rivers or Smith are.
[Reply]
Best22 11:54 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
This. It was sickening about how the local guys were building him up this week. They were saying stuff like ,"Because Watson has done this and that on the biggest stage etc. that they would take him over Luck if and when a play needed to be made." Over Andrew Luck??? REALLY??? When he and the Colts just bitch - slapped you 3 weeks ago in your place, and ended your 9 game winning streak, and made it look EASY! :-)

I actually called into the show, got on the radio and said the Colts would win by 2 scores. Said they just had to take Hopkins away from Watson, like they did a few weeks prior, and Watson would fold. Pissed off the whole damn city in the process. :-)

Many of my friends heard me on 610AM and called laughing their asses off in part because I was going toe to toe with the hosts telling them basically what you said - about they build Watson up to make him great because of his college career.

Gonna call back this afternoon for an " I TOLD YOU SO! :-)
Vince Young beat USC.

NFL playoffs>CFB
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:57 PM 01-07-2019

:-)

Honestly, you’re not usually very funny but this post made me laugh. A1 meme usage there.
[Reply]
FAX 03:30 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Anyone who was on board with Watson over Mahomes......Punch yourself in the bean bag right now. Open hand since you're a Chiefs fan, but you deserve a bag tag.
:-)

FAX
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:14 PM 01-16-2019

Classic post.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:17 PM 09-09-2019
Still feel the same?
[Reply]
Page 45 of 79
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up