ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:20 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think it's much more likely that Peterman or Davis is on Dorsey's radar. Roll with Smith as #1, Bray as #2 and the rookie at #3. Bray and the heir apparent can fight it out for the #1 next year and draft another QB. That is unless Kizer just happens to fall to 27 and then all bets are off.
If Smith goes down this year and Bray and/or the rookie stink, just think how much higher we'll be in the 2018 draft. I'm a glass 1/2 full kind of guy.

I'd rather have Aaron Murray than any of the shit ass pet fucker late rounders this year.

That's what I didn't get. We drafted Murray and Hogan then said, "Not even gonna try developing them." Yet we'll take a jackass with zero potential to be good in Peterman?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 03-10-2017
Watson/Mahommes-rd 1
Dobbs/Peterman-later options

I like Kaaya but I think Andy wants a mobile QB
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 02:41 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson/Mahommes-rd 1
Dobbs/Peterman-later options

I like Kaaya but I think Andy wants a mobile QB
Brad Kaaya is a trainwreck unless he has 100% perfect conditions (great protection, WR's running perfect routes, etc).

He showed zero ability to overcome the slightest hint of in-game adversity in college.
[Reply]
kepp 03:26 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I guess I am just saying that it makes sense from a future standpoint. AS has got two years left contract wise. Trade up and draft a guy now to sit for a year just makes sense with the current roster. The positions you listed are needs but maybe they can fill them in later rounds or FA. Keep the window open and still be competitive after AS is gone. This team is pretty young. We got some aging stars but i think our "window" will be around for some time.
Oh I'm with you...I'd love for it to happen. I probably just jaded.
[Reply]
-King- 03:40 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Shit I'd trade the entire Chiefs team and ALL my draft picks for 5 years to get a 22 year old Tom Brady. Who wouldn't? Just using free agency and off the street FA you'd still win 5-6 SB's.
Yeah... Thats just dumb.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 03:43 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Yet another reason to hate Matt Cassel. He has put many of us in a state where we are willing to settle for a guy like Alex Smith. Blech.
How have we settled and what was your alternative in 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:07 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device
Carson Palmer + draft a guy. I wanted Geno, but if they fucking TRIED, I would have been more than patient.

If that plan blew up, try again in a different year.

The problem with Chiefs fans is that whenever a QB crisis occurs when they can absolutely no longer roll with the current veteran because he's washed up/suck too much, they act like they have to solve the problem NOW. INSTANTLY.

They don't think about QB development as a multi-year process. It's like Carl stepped down from GMing, but instead went into the business of mind control lasers, and he's got everybody thinking his way is the best.

Thus, you get all the, "Gee, I'd love to draft a QB, but there's no Andrew Luck available at 27th overall! Next year is a better class, maybe we'll get one then!" And it's also how you get, "I don't like what Alex Smith is doing, but what should the Chiefs have done, exactly?"

Uhh... how about plan ahead? But since they didn't do that, they should just be fucking patient.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:12 PM 03-10-2017
hence why i think the chiefs will draft, if given the chance, a qb this year rather than next year in the first or second. not that they wont draft one again next year, just not as high up. again, im not privy to college games, so i don't know what is the best option realistically. just going off the fact alex will be the starter next year and possibly 18. the problem you run into is he incrementally gets better and they extend alex before 18 is up. :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 04:28 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone like Matt Hasselbeck then move on to someone like Derek Carr after a couple of years.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:00 PM 03-10-2017

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:

60 - Mahomes
59 - Webb
56 - Kizer
55 - Trubisky, Evans
53 - Peterman, Kaaya
49 - Watson

— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) March 10, 2017

That 60 MPH is impressive for Mahomes. 49 MPH on the other hand for Watson, not good.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:15 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

That 60 MPH is impressive for Mahomes. 49 MPH on the other hand for Watson, not good.
That's a harder ball than Bray's 59MPH
[Reply]
CrossCheck 05:19 PM 03-10-2017

Stephen Thomas‏ @15Stephen15 · 16m16 minutes ago

@dpbrugler Since 2008, only guy under 55 with any type of success is Tyrod. (Dak threw 54 but had a bum shoulder)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:22 PM 03-10-2017
That 49 MPH might kill Watson's stock. Seriously. I always thought his deep ball looked like a floater. Similar to Mariota.

Mahomes or bust IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:23 PM 03-10-2017
That 49 MPH might kill Watson's stock. Seriously. I always thought his deep ball looked like a floater. Similar to Mariota.

Mahomes or bust IMO.
I'd still be ok with Kizer as a consolation prize.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:28 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'd still be ok with Kizer as a consolation prize.
I would take one of the other guys, but I wouldn't trade up for anyone but Mahomes at this point.

I'd love to know if Watson was just coasting too much or what, because 49 MPH is awful.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up