ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 44
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:20 PM 03-09-2017
I asked Terez Paylor about this on twitter and he said he'd buy this.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 PM 03-09-2017
Chiefs will need to trade up in the teens for Mahommes. Watson is a pipe dream. He's going top 10.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:21 PM 03-09-2017
Smokescreen to drive interest in a trade down due to the depth of the class.

If they take a QB, it'll be Jerod Evans.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:22 PM 03-09-2017
If the Chiefs think there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must pay the piper and go get them. It makes or breaks you.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:23 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chiefs will need to trade up in the teens for Mahommes. Watson is a pipe dream. He's going top 10.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Who's going to take them? The only QB who is getting top 5 or even top 10 talk lately is Trusbisky. Many teams have filled holes here in FA.

I think they'll have to trade up, but I think they will have a shot at either one potentially in the teens or later.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:25 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I asked Terez Paylor about this on twitter and he said he'd buy this.
That's interesting because Terez was at the combine too. There really aren't many reasons not to believe it, other than fear of the let down.

It makes all the sense in the world.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03-09-2017, 11:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11:29 PM 03-09-2017
It's gonna happen
[Reply]
jd1020 11:30 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That's interesting because Terez was at the combine too. There really aren't many reasons not to believe it, other than fear of the let down.

It makes all the sense in the world.
I'll admit I've stopped caring as much about the Chiefs as I used to but isn't Dorsey a guy that people can't get a read on? I seem to remember that there were very little Chiefs rumors being leaked coming up to the draft in years past. Now there's a rumor out there that the Chiefs are looking at QBs before the 3rd day? Ya... I'll believe it when I see it.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 11:30 PM 03-09-2017
Won't happen
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:30 PM 03-09-2017
i actually have no doubt they will draft a qb that falls to them, or move up a few spots like denver did last year for lynch.
they will not wait till round 3 for alex's replacement. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 11:33 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i actually have no doubt they will draft a qb that falls to them, or move up a few spots like denver did last year for lynch.
they will not wait till round 3 for alex's replacement. :-)
How many times has Dorsey traded up for a player? He's more likely to stand pat and settle for plan D.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:41 PM 03-09-2017
I wouldn't get too worked up for a QB in the 1st people
I think it's next year.
You are just gonna piss yourselves off and we will have another Geno Smith situation.
It's not fun.
[Reply]
royr17 11:58 PM 03-09-2017
I want watson
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:59 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How many times has Dorsey traded up for a player? He's more likely to stand pat and settle for plan D.
as i stated, he may do so, if one 'falls' into his lap. it is well documented that every rumor chief's related is not coming from management. if anything, the chiefs are more in tune with the kc whispers, than most franchises. unless there is a better option next year that will be available at 27 in the first round, they know it will take a qb at least ONE year to get the plays down. i would hedge my bets they draft round 1 or 2 for a qb this year rather than next. i mean look at bray. four years later :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 44
1 234511 > Last »
Up