ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Clark Hunt pictured with Patrick Mahomes and agent in Houston...
pugsnotdrugs19 11:41 AM 02-05-2017

Here’s a picture of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and a (possible) first round QB https://t.co/tPzyaSuFfQ

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) February 5, 2017

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but it sure looks good from where I'm sitting...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
They are playing the division winners along with the NFC East. Chargers will be healthy again, too, and we saw what they did against the Chiefs.

It's going to be a hard path, and yes I know the season takes on a life of it's own.
Dude, come on. The NFL adopted a balanced schedule years ago.

Andy Reid dominated the NFC East.

The Raiders are going backwards, the Chargers have a new staff (which sucks), an old QB, while playing in a 30,000 seat stadium in a city that doesn't want them.

The Broncos, Chargers and Bills will feature first time had coaches and the Raiders will have many new assistants, including a new OC, as well.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 09:16 PM 02-06-2017
Fuck, we're so due for a QB in the draft that I would take one in the first or second day of the draft this year and still draft one in the 1st next year. It's time to go all in and get a fucking QB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I would be surprised if they won that many games next year.

Tougher schedule and probably won't get the same timely turnovers as this year.
It's not even the schedule, the coaching, or any other mathematical equation. You can absolutely feel it; the Smith-train has run out of steam. If Alex starts all games next season, there will not be a playoff appearance.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Russell Wilson
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins

None of these guys were drafted in the first round. Even Teddy Bridgewater (barely 1st rd) and Colin Kaepernick were good QB's.
Not saying to not draft someone in the first rd bc Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers and now Ryan Tannehill are good examples of QB's that were "hits".

It shouldn't be "this top 5 guy or nothing".
I know Darnold is a pipe-dream, but if the Chiefs have a lot of picks this year, I'd use those picks to shore-up everything OUTSIDE of the QB spot, and throw in as many chips as I had to for next year's class.
In any event, KC needs to make a move for QB either this season or next.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:39 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, come on. The NFL adopted a balanced schedule years ago.

Andy Reid dominated the NFC East.

The Raiders are going backwards, the Chargers have a new staff (which sucks), an old QB, while playing in a 30,000 seat stadium in a city that doesn't want them.

The Broncos, Chargers and Bills will feature first time had coaches and the Raiders will have many new assistants, including a new OC, as well.
I agree with it all except the Raiders going backwards....?

I don't think they'll be 12-4 again, but I don't think the Chiefs will be either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:44 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I agree with it all except the Raiders going backwards....?

I don't think they'll be 12-4 again, but I don't think the Chiefs will be either.
New OC, new QB coach.

They had a last place schedule, which isn't nearly as detriment as in years past but it's fact.

I didn't see another 12 win season. 9 or 10, sure.

It's not a slam dunk but I don't see it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:44 PM 02-06-2017
As for those talking about the schedule difficulty, here are the differences:

KC: vs. Pittsburgh, @ Houston
OAK: vs. Baltimore, @ Tennessee
DEN: vs. Cincinatti, @ Indianapolis
SD: vs. Cleveland, @ Jacksonville

Unless Houston makes a big improvement at QB, I'd rather play them than Tennessee personally... the Colts and Bengals could also be better next year for sure. You never know how teams will be though this early, including ours.
[Reply]
notorious 02-06-2017, 10:31 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Titty Meat 11:09 PM 02-06-2017
These are valid points, but a good college QB who plays in a pro style system is damn near impossible to find these days.

We'll see how he does in the pro day/combine, interviews are a huge part of this that we will never see or hear.
I trust Dorsey and Andy. There's some sort of myth on here that QBs don't play good under Reid and he's a bad coach. I think he's a top 5 coach and QBs play well under him. We should be 3-0 with our backups under Andy. That's why I'd like to take a chance on Romo and bring Foles back next year. Draft the QOTF the year after.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:31 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
I trust Dorsey and Andy. There's some sort of myth on here that QBs don't play good under Reid and he's a bad coach. I think he's a top 5 coach and QBs play well under him. We should be 3-0 with our backups under Andy. That's why I'd like to take a chance on Romo and bring Foles back next year. Draft the QOTF the year after.
LOL, many on here have always have said wait till the next draft for a QB then change their tune when flaws are discovered in said prospects. You'very got to look into the present. You'll be chasing that golden winged Unicorn forever
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:48 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, many on here have always have said wait till the next draft for a QB then change their tune when flaws are discovered in said prospects. You'very got to look into the present. You'll be chasing that golden winged Unicorn forever
Also great points. The truth is that if you are waiting for a 'perfect prospect', you are making a mistake, they don't exist.

At the end of the day it's about how you mold the team around your QB. Look at Luck in Indy. 'Perfect prospect', but not much to show for it because of the management that has went on there. Then, on the flip side we see guys like Brady, Wilson, Carr, Brees, Prescott, Cousins, Rodgers, etc. None of them were drafted where they should have been, but yet they've been put in good situations and molded themselves into 'franchise' QBs.

The Chiefs can do it in any draft, so long as they try.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:48 AM 02-07-2017
Also great points. The truth is that if you are waiting for a 'perfect prospect', you are making a mistake, they don't exist.

At the end of the day it's about how you mold the team around your QB. Look at Luck in Indy. 'Perfect prospect', but not much to show for it because of the management that has went on there. Then, on the flip side we see guys like Brady, Wilson, Carr, Brees, Prescott, Cousins, Rodgers, etc. None of them were drafted where they should have been, but yet they've been put in good situations and molded themselves into 'franchise' QBs.

The Chiefs can do it in any draft, so long as they try.
Yes this exactly what I've been waiting for. You can develop your guy and build a team that is suited for your guy you just have to have faith and the guy has to have some moxy himself but can step up his game as he develops. It's not taking a chance or giving a guy a chance even if we do draft someone that drives me crazy. I totally expect a guy to make mistakes but if he is coachable and can learn then he should have a high ceiling but keep on getting these retreads we get what we get and can't expect nothing more out of them.

I don't see that it has to be so hard. Take a guy build a team and you can have longevity of success and find the parts that fit the system.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:57 AM 02-07-2017
I wonder how David Carr would have done in the league if not picked up by an expansion team that had no blocking for him and if he went elsewhere with being put in better situation for success? I bet he would have flourished under Bill Belichick.

So I think teams can make or break quarterbacks just as much as a quarterback can make or break a team.

Still have to have vision of how a team is going function to make it work from the HC and ones making personnel decisions to make it work.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:56 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
I think we've all said Andy is a great Monday-Saturday coach, it's Sunday's where he's not so great.

As for Dorsey, I'm not sure we've been too critical of him. I'll admit that he's been too weak with his boss when it comes to his family's apparent policy to not draft a QBOTF in the first round, but there's a slight chance that could be changing.

As much as I like Romo, I just don't see this O-line keeping his bones unbroken. Sad, but I think I'm right. Fisher is going to be watched like a hawk in the first few games of the season, and he doesn't have the strength or talent to hold-off a would-be Romo killer.

THAT being said, I'd love to see us target Drew Lock year after next. But there's a slim chance those stars align, and I think Hunt understands that the peasants are pissed, pitchforks are being brought out of the shed and banners are being prepared, so he might have to swallow his pride and allow a QB to be drafted in the first round this year. That probably takes Drew out of the mix next year..
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 02-07-2017
So in 2018 you have the following QB's:

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Jake Browning
Luke Falk
Mason Rudolph

The top 4 will go in the top 6 or 7 picks. That's all but guaranteed. It's also guaranteed that we would cost at least 3 first rd picks just as the starting point, and that's assuming teams will even consider trading with you instead of taking one of these guys.

Spoiler!

So now you're stuck with either Luke Falk or Mason Rudolph...spread QB's who aren't very mobile.

Yeah fuck the 2018 hype bullshit. Mahommes is a better fit than those 2 guys.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 09:51 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So in 2018 you have the following QB's:

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Jake Browning
Luke Falk
Mason Rudolph

The top 4 will go in the top 6 or 7 picks. That's all but guaranteed. It's also guaranteed that we would cost at least 3 first rd picks just as the starting point, and that's assuming teams will even consider trading with you instead of taking one of these guys.

Spoiler!

So now you're stuck with either Luke Falk or Mason Rudolph...spread QB's who aren't very mobile.

Yeah fuck the 2018 hype bullshit. Mahommes is a better fit than those 2 guys.
In other words, we're probably not finding a QB any time soon.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:22 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
In other words, we're probably not finding a QB any time soon.
You forget that CPlanet is a place that regularly predicts that 20-25 guys will go in the top 15 picks of the draft each year.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up