ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Clark Hunt pictured with Patrick Mahomes and agent in Houston...
pugsnotdrugs19 11:41 AM 02-05-2017

Here’s a picture of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and a (possible) first round QB https://t.co/tPzyaSuFfQ

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) February 5, 2017

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but it sure looks good from where I'm sitting...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:17 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by smith11:
does mahomes fit andy reids west coast offense principles?

west coast offense requires footwork, smarts, timing and accuracy

mahomes played in a simple air raid offense with 1 read akin to backyard football

reid will be looking for qb more oriented to his wco principles, I would think
Reid worked well with Donovan McNabb. McNabb didn't make fast reads, he wasn't accurate, and he improvised and threw downfield way more often than a wco offense should.

Reid also hired childress to be a spread advisor. Even brought in experts on read option. so he understands concepts beyond wco.

I don't buy at all that he's locked into the wco. Give him a qb and he'll find a way to adjust his offense. Reid may have weaknesses, but he's a bright offensive mind and knows how to coach qbs.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:22 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Here's another thought, perhaps this is just a way to get his fluffers fluffing and quell the revolt... He knows ~98.7% of his fan base knows his family has failed in the QB drafting area, this might be a move to get our hopes up, only to have them dashed by one of the many teams who will snap him up before we would even get the chance. Hey, if the stars align right, he could draft another guard while claiming that the mean xyz team took his QB.

We've lived through eons of seasons where the Hunts were OK with ~.500 seasons as long as the wins were at home so the proletariat fans have hope, a fun time at the game, and they could pocket tons of salary cap cash. Maybe they found a way to funnel the money into the MLS, IDK...
I am boycotting the Chiefs until they make an attempt to address the QB position. Hopefully, many other Chiefs fans will start to do the same.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I am boycotting the Chiefs until they make an attempt to address the QB position. Hopefully, many other Chiefs fans will start to do the same.
The Hunts know they'll always find enough fans in Kansas City looking for something to do for 8 Sundays to not worry about it. That's why they won't ever move - a city like New York or L.A. would eat their lunch.

But hey, I'm guilty as charged, I usually find a game to take the boys to, and lately the team never fails to disappoint.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:57 AM 02-06-2017
Mahomes to me has Andy Reid written all over him. We were linked as a possible landing spot for Johnny Manziel on draft night a few years back, and Lynch last year. Neither exactly finished products.

I'd like to know how he is as a leader and motivator, as that obviously plays a huge role. But as far as physical ability, its all there. Let the kid come in and sit for a year, and maybe if you're really lucky he is just too damn good to sit from day one.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:18 PM 02-06-2017
No thanks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:57 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Welcome to Dag's Playhouse; come on in!
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
No thanks.
And Billay seals the deal; MAHOMES IT IS! :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:18 PM 02-06-2017
No thanks.
Why?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:58 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Why?
Well I like next year's QB class more than this year's I feel everyone knows we need to draft a QB and are trying to talk themselves into a guy like they did Geno Smith and Mahomes is that guy. Not to say he can't be good but he's a project where as next year there will be at least a few day one franchise guys.

I dont like the offense he's coming from. Never taking a snap under center annoys me and I think it inflates states. Sometimes it looks like he forces throws maybe that can be coached but maybe not. His footwork is really really bad. Again maybe that can be coached but off the top of my head I can't think of a prospect that came out with horrible footwork and turned into a stud?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:05 PM 02-06-2017
Well I like next year's QB class more than this year's I feel everyone knows we need to draft a QB and are trying to talk themselves into a guy like they did Geno Smith and Mahomes is that guy. Not to say he can't be good but he's a project where as next year there will be at least a few day one franchise guys.

I dont like the offense he's coming from. Never taking a snap under center annoys me and I think it inflates states. Sometimes it looks like he forces throws maybe that can be coached but maybe not. His footwork is really really bad. Again maybe that can be coached but off the top of my head I can't think of a prospect that came out with horrible footwork and turned into a stud?
These are valid points, but a good college QB who plays in a pro style system is damn near impossible to find these days.

We'll see how he does in the pro day/combine, interviews are a huge part of this that we will never see or hear.
[Reply]
notorious 07:09 PM 02-06-2017
It's hard to imagine the announcers saying the name "Mahomes" when he makes a big play in a big game.

It doesn't roll of the tongue.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's hard to imagine the announcers saying the name "Mahomes" when he makes a big play in a big game.

It doesn't roll of the tongue.
It's also hard to imagine the announcers saying the name Alex Smith after a big play.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:22 PM 02-06-2017

Matt Stafford
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:52 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That seals it, the team will jump out there and spend a third on QB. They have already done it this millennium.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:59 PM 02-06-2017
Billay makes valid points and I'd rather see the Chiefs make a grab for Sam Darnold anyway.
This may be the year that it's easiest to part ways with Smith, but I'll bet you anything they keep him on, try to move Foles, and look for a late-round QB to fill Foles slot, if not move Bray up and put a pick like Trubiski at #3 behind Bray.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:03 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That seals it, the team will jump out there and spend a third on QB. They have already done it this millennium.
Kizer and Watson are shit. Let other teams overpay for that.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up