ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Clark Hunt pictured with Patrick Mahomes and agent in Houston...
pugsnotdrugs19 11:41 AM 02-05-2017

Here’s a picture of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and a (possible) first round QB https://t.co/tPzyaSuFfQ

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) February 5, 2017

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but it sure looks good from where I'm sitting...
[Reply]
RunKC 02:07 PM 02-05-2017
I strongly advise that you don't get hyped about anything QB for the next 2.5 months.

We all know how this ends
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:14 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I strongly advise that you don't get hyped about anything QB for the next 2.5 months.

Like Charlie Brown and the football.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 02:16 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I always fall for it. Every off-season, every season. I bane help it. In the end they hook me.
[Reply]
milkman 02:25 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The majority of NFL personnel people have 3rd round grades on Watson, and 2nd round grades on Mahomes. He's the better prospect imo.
You make this kind of claim, you need to provide links.

Otherwise you are just talking out of your ass.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:53 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:

Various tweets out there from different media people, Walterfootball says on his site that none of the NFL scouts or personnel men that he's spoke to have grades higher than the 3rd round. --> http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:15 PM 02-05-2017
Round projections right now are pretty meaningless.

Once the combine is over and any sort of individual / college workouts are done, then you can believe with some certainty that a grade will hold out for a player.
[Reply]
milkman 03:16 PM 02-05-2017
Various tweets out there from different media people, Walterfootball says on his site that none of the NFL scouts or personnel men that he's spoke to have grades higher than the 3rd round. --> http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php
So you have a guy that is generally considered someone that talks out of his ass saying that two teams have a third round grade on him, and another two with second round grades.

That's far from the "majority".
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:21 PM 02-05-2017
So you have a guy that is generally considered someone that talks out of his ass saying that two teams have a third round grade on him, and another two with second round grades.

That's far from the "majority".

Todd McShay Says People He's Talked to Around the NFL Have Deshaun Watson graded as a 3rd or 4th Round Pick. https://t.co/lHM04GyqKs pic.twitter.com/7NvlsmDCg7

— FOX Sports Radio (@FoxSportsRadio) January 12, 2017

[Reply]
Black Bob 03:46 PM 02-05-2017

I agree and have seen Mahomes as far down as the 8th rated QB in this class. There isn't a lot of consistency among the "experts" on where he'll go.

Note that quote was written before the National Championship game even started (1-11-17 @ 7:40 PM Eastern). From what I have read, most scouts had him going in the 2nd round before that game. His stock soared after it.
[Reply]
Black Bob 02-05-2017, 03:48 PM
This message has been deleted by Black Bob.
Rasputin 03:55 PM 02-05-2017
The draft is a funny thing. Alex Smith was taken 1.1 but he was more or less of a bust for the 49ers but at 24 the Packers scored with a far superior quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. So guys rise and fall all the time for different reasons can't hold what they project now against them all the time. Hard work and determination can make or break a quarterback also the mental aspect of toughness like when we dismantled Ryan Leaf.

Mock drafts are fun but has anyone ever gotten a full 32 first round picks right? It's virtually impossible to predict the draft including trades and variables. Also the misleading reports teams purposely put out there just to hoax other teams thinking they may grab a guy and teams make a trade with them it's called a war room for a reason. That is one aspect that makes the draft fun and intriguing.

Drafting a quarterback otf has been a dream of mine for three decades. I know I can handle a couple of years watching a quarterback go through ups and downs and watch him grow into it and wait for that light bulb to turn on when he gets it then you have something special but that only happens to teams that take a chance and actually draft a quarterback otf. He may even be a blunder but my belief worth it if we are ever going try to win a Super Bowl.

Here I am wishful thinking we draft a qbotf and I know better :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:59 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Note that quote was written before the National Championship game even started (1-11-17 @ 7:40 PM Eastern). From what I have read, most scouts had him going in the 2nd round before that game.
Vince Young had a big national championship performance too....

I'm not letting one game gloss over the issues that Watson has. He could overcome them, but I'd be skeptical to say the least if the Chiefs take him.
[Reply]
threebag 04:06 PM 02-05-2017
Spit on it before you polish it boys.

Save some for Alex as he leads the CHIEFS next year...
[Reply]
RunKC 04:09 PM 02-05-2017
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Derek Carr
Tony Romo

Scouts got it wrong on all these guys. It's turned into a QB class vs Andrew Luck as a prospect and we all know nobody matches up with him, which is what makes them look dumber and dumber every year.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:19 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:

Please don't remind us. Just let us dream of having a dream of something better in hope of drafting our QBotf.

Alex Smith is leading us to another failure ending season.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:22 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:

If we draft a QBoTF then the Chiefs should absolutely keep Alex Smith for another year. Common sense.

The only way you get rid of Alex Smith is if we acquire a veteran or we need to trade Alex Smith to move up in the draft to get the guy we want.

All this other crap is just people being pissed and not thinking straight.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up