ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 37
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
kccrow 05:05 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
There is no way that Parker runs a 4.39, is there? I have never seen that speed on the field from him. Anyone else see it? He has great ball skills and is one of the better receivers at coming down with the ball in contested situations, but I do not see that 4.39 speed on the field.
I don't know... that is a stopwatch test and nothing more. I'd say he'll definitely test sub-4.5 ... probably 4.45-ish. He's got quicks in his breaks. I'm most concerned with cone drills and shuttles than I am with 40's, even for receivers. I do get concerned a bit if they run over 4.55 and kind of dismiss them at 4.6 because historically the odds of success decrease to almost nil. I think Parker is safe in breaking that mark. He's a hell of a talent.
[Reply]
OldSchool 05:22 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't know... that is a stopwatch test and nothing more. I'd say he'll definitely test sub-4.5 ... probably 4.45-ish. He's got quicks in his breaks. I'm most concerned with cone drills and shuttles than I am with 40's, even for receivers. I do get concerned a bit if they run over 4.55 and kind of dismiss them at 4.6 because historically the odds of success decrease to almost nil. I think Parker is safe in breaking that mark. He's a hell of a talent.
Parker, White, Cooper, and Coates (the boom or bust guy among them) are the ones that I currently have pegged with the highest potential to be #1 WRs in the NFL.

DGB would be on there but it looks like he'll be returning to OU next season and enter the 2016 draft instead.

Anyone else you would add?
[Reply]
kccrow 07:58 PM 10-09-2014
I really liked Rannell Hall out of UCF in the mid rounds, but he's having a very down season without Bortles there to throw the ball. I can see the talent, but without the production he's going to fall. Might be a late round diamond.

I think a guy to continue to look out for is Vince Mayle. He's playing some really good ball for Washington. Former basketball player in JC. Converted to football and played a year at JC before going to Washington last season. Really put in some work in the offseason and has over 50 catches so far this year.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:00 PM 10-11-2014
Kevin White is at it again.

Originally Posted by :
West Virginia senior WR Kevin White caught 13 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown in the school's 37-34 win over Texas Tech.
White has posted over 100 receiving yards in every game this season, and has scored a touchdown in all but one. No receiver has emerged up the rankings more this season. White can be very dominant at the catch point, and he is still learning.
Oct 11 - 4:09 PM
He's going to have a great shot at being a #1 WR in the NFL.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:10 PM 10-11-2014
I definitely think Strong has the speed to be a threat in the NFL btw... reminds me a bit of DeMaryius Thomas... I don't think he can run a 4.38 like Thomas, but I think he'll be a 4.45 guy. When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:25 PM 10-11-2014
I definitely think Strong has the speed to be a threat in the NFL btw... reminds me a bit of DeMaryius Thomas... I don't think he can run a 4.38 like Thomas, but I think he'll be a 4.45 guy. When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.
Strong actually reminded me a lot of Keenan Allen when he was at Cal, and it's not because of the number on their college jerseys. Very similar styles and builds.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:58 PM 10-14-2014
When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.
Which means he'll run a 4.6
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:22 AM 10-17-2014
The best WR in Auburn may not be Sammie Coates:

Originally Posted by :
CBS Sports' Rob Rang notes that Auburn junior WR D'haquille Williams has helped his cause with NFL scouts" and "continues to wow with his athleticism, strength and hand-eye coordination."
"Dak Prescott and a deep Mississippi State defense certainly looked the part of the No. 1 team in the country in their dismantling of Auburn, the SEC's reigning champion. Ironically, however, it was a member of the Tigers who may have helped his cause with NFL scouts the most in this contest, as junior wide receiver D'haquille "Duke" Williams continues to wow with his athleticism, strength and hand-eye coordination," Rang wrote. The Auburn prospect hauled in six receptions for 108 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Saturday's loss to Mississippi State. Rang adds that, Williams "composure, competitiveness and body control to make several circus catches as the game went on will not go unnoticed by scouts." Oct 14 - 2:57 PM
Williams reminds me of Alshon Jeffery. I'd like to see him get more reps on the outside though. He has a big catch radius, shows dominance in the redzone, has great body control, and is a very strong player. My only question about him is his speed. I've read that he ran a 4.4 before coming to Auburn but he looks a little heavy now and doesn't display anything like 4.4 speed on the field, kind of like Jeffrey in his final season at SC.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:34 AM 10-17-2014
Another kid to keep your eyes on as a high potential 3rd/4th round pick, Deontay Greenberry.

Originally Posted by :
Houston junior WR Deontay Greenberry snatched six catches for 74 yards and two touchdowns in Thursday's 33-25 loss to BYU.
Greenberry's second touchdown catch from John O'Korn, midway through the fourth quarter, pulled the Cougars to within 11 points, but they couldn't quite complete the comeback. The stud wideout led the squad last year with 82 receptions for 1,202 yards and 11 touchdowns. He's up to 17 catches for 280 yards through three games. TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline graded him as a third-rounder and wrote last month that Greenberry has "big potential." CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wrote in June that he was intrigued by Greenberry's "NFL tools," but added "he needs a ton of work." Sep 12 - 12:54 AM
I watched him a bit but he doesn't really jump out to you like a guy like Kevin White or Amari Cooper does. He did have two really nice TD catches where he Mossed the defender, his strong hands and ball skills stand out.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:06 PM 10-18-2014
DeVante Parker returned to action this week.

Originally Posted by :
In his return to the field, Louisville senior WR DeVante Parker (toe) hauled in nine passes for 132 yards in Saturday's win against North Carolina State.
Parker missed the Cardinals' first seven games after breaking a bone in his left foot in late-August. Though he didn't reach the end zone, Louisville QB Will Gardner followed in Teddy Bridgewater's footsteps by targeting Parker early and often. The 6-foot-3, 208-pound Parker (55 receptions for 885 yards and a UL-record-tying 12 touchdowns last year) is one of the nation's best WR prospects. With a 4.39 forty, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, an 80-inch wingspan, and a ridiculous catch radius, Parker is a likely future first-rounder. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Parker as the No. 2 draft-eligible receiver, behind Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham.
Would you have a problem with taking him in the 1st?
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:09 PM 10-18-2014
Update on Diggs.

Originally Posted by :
Maryland junior WR Stefon Diggs caught nine passes for 130 yards and a touchdown in the school's 38-31 win over Iowa.
Diggs took a screen pass 53 yards for a touchdown, showcasing vision and straight-line speed. This might not be a common opinion, but Diggs is a linear athlete and his role might be impacted because of it. There has been no indication if he will declare for the draft or not.
Oct 18 - 4:50 PM
Not very high on Diggs.
[Reply]
Exoter175 09:56 AM 10-19-2014
DeVante Parker returned to action this week.

Would you have a problem with taking him in the 1st?
You gotta see more from the guy to be confident taking him in the first, like Amari for example. He's going to be a first rounder, no questions asked because we've seen all we need to see from the guy, he's NFL ready. With Parker, you like what you see, but you want more, and in this offense, you need to see more from the blocking side of the game and his commitment to finishing every play, regardless of whether he's involved or not.
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:18 PM 10-19-2014
Originally Posted by Exoter175:
You gotta see more from the guy to be confident taking him in the first, like Amari for example. He's going to be a first rounder, no questions asked because we've seen all we need to see from the guy, he's NFL ready. With Parker, you like what you see, but you want more, and in this offense, you need to see more from the blocking side of the game and his commitment to finishing every play, regardless of whether he's involved or not.
I think he has AJ Green upside. I am fine with how Parker finishes plays and he competes hard from what I've seen.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:38 PM 10-19-2014
All I know is that after watching the Chiefs drop ball after ball again, they absolutely MUST draft a couple of receivers in 2015. Holy fuck.
[Reply]
Exoter175 07:05 PM 10-19-2014
I think he has AJ Green upside. I am fine with how Parker finishes plays and he competes hard from what I've seen.
Slow down a little, AJ Green is likely the single most talented receiver in this league. He's better than Megatron, and arguably better all around than Dez Bryant, and without the emotional and attitude problems. That's like, super high praise to say someone has AJ Green upside, and I just don't see it.

Have you seen Parker block on the opposite side of some of these plays though? I don't know. Now, hell yeah he finishes strong when he's got the ball, or the play is coming to his side, but that's one of those "Big Tuna" situations where even the smallest shit can signify a transitional issue into the NFL.

And I bring up blocking because in this offensive scheme, with the personnel that we have, our receivers NEED to be able to block, there's no avoiding that. Which is why guys like Bowe, Hemingway, and Jenkins are seeing significant time while Hammond and Wilson aren't. And I really wanted to see Wilson getting snaps and he's been absent.

All I know is that after watching the Chiefs drop ball after ball again, they absolutely MUST draft a couple of receivers in 2015. Holy fuck.
Yeah, Bowe's gottttta get his ass in gear and get open, and Alex needs to start trying to get the ball down the field a little more. Bowe is a fucking rockstar at getting PI called against him. However, that miss today made me want to cry. But then he had two SOLID catches in contention on 3rd downs that made me happy again. He's just not super duper consistent and it pisses me off.

About the only person you can trust to get the ball consistently right now is Kelce, and he's still young and improving, and nothing on this team excites me more than his growth in this offense. He could be truly amazing as he and Alex get more comfortable with one another.

I Love the little I've seen from DAT so far, and Hemingway and Jenkins have both shown a thing or two finally, though with Hemingway's injury, which could be bigger than it looked, I'm hoping this means we see more of Albert Wilson who I was pretty excited about after the draft.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 37
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up