ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Airline pilots are very worried about the government shutdown
eDave 09:23 PM 01-05-2019
In an Astonishing Letter, Delta and United Airlines Pilots Just Told President Trump To Stop and Think

I am writing to urge you to take the necessary steps to immediately end the shutdown of government agencies that is adversely affecting the safety, security and efficiency of our national airspace system.

The pressure these civil servants are facing at home should not be ignored. At some point, these dedicated federal employees will encounter personal financial damages that will take a long time from which to recover, if at all.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...sca5jU-cOLXJnE
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Lol. TSA has been pathetic shit for a decade. This isnít news. Airports need TSA like we need a wall for Mexico.

Just spent 8 days crossing the country. ATC is doing just fine. We thank and appreciate their services and sacrifices.
TSA has been a detriment from its inception. It is pure theater, it makes no one safer. Hardening the cockpit and the change in perception of a hijacking by the passengers were the real security measures.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
TSA has been a detriment from its inception. It is pure theater, it makes no one safer. Hardening the cockpit and the change in perception of a hijacking by the passengers were the real security measures.
Agree. But they want to triple the number of air marshals they have, and maybe double-down on bomb-sniffing technology, that's fine.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 10:36 AM Today
Well they have been more efficient on all accounts. TSA has been quickly processing folks. ATC across the country has been excellent and easy to deal with. More so than normal.

Cut out the bloated fat and youíre left with folks that can get the job done.
Are you confusing our professionalism with the need to be paid, for the equipment to be maintained, for projects to continue to move forward. We take our jobs as safety professionals seriously, that doesn't mean things aren't getting more tense behind the scenes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Are you confusing our professionalism with the need to be paid, for the equipment to be maintained, for projects to continue to move forward. We take our jobs as safety professionals seriously, that doesn't mean things aren't getting more tense behind the scenes.
You guys desperately need paid. And we need updated equipment/ radar / communication.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 01:36 PM Today
You guys desperately need paid. And we need updated equipment/ radar / communication.
Thank you, and I agree.

I don't understand the logic behind forcing people to go to work and not paying them. If you're excepted, you should get your paycheck, at the very least, a straight 80 pay until the majority of OPM comes back.

I am not hating on the folks that are genuinely furloughed. They didn't ask for it and it takes a literal act of Congress to make them whole. And, I think they should be made whole. I just don't think it is equitable that they force "excepted" employees to work and not get paid while furloughed employees don't incur the expenses of going to work, but will still get paid.

I'm not calling it "free vacation" like some do, because they have to start strict budgeting, start calling utilities and creditors about contingency plans. Its not like they get to hop a jet somewhere and live it up. But they don't have to pay commuting expenses. Forcing people to continue to incur those expenses and not pay them is wrong. I commute over an hour each way. Gas is not an inexpensive expense for me.

That's why I chuckle when I see some of these people saying, "I see nothing wrong, system seems to be working fine". That's because the controllers haven't largely gotten to the point of choosing between buying gas and buying groceries. But when those choices start come to the fore, and I only have four controllers show up for a shift that requires eight, you will see services curtailed and flights cancelled. If enough can no longer make it in nation wide, they'll go to ATC0 and shut down the NAS.

That means your packages aren't getting delivered, it means your 2 Day Amazon prime isn't going to happen. It means you can't jet across the country for meetings and family events. So, those of you who think you know some shit and are laughing right now, we'll see how the Administration has to respond when Foreign Air Carriers begin suing the U.S. Government because their property is stranded in closed U.S. Airspace.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:38 PM Today
I thought Trump just signed something so federal workers would still get paid. Try to keep up. My packages have been arriving all on time.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 01:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I thought Trump just signed something so federal workers would still get paid. Try to keep up. My packages have been arriving all on time.
Well, I am up to date, because we got that memo last night. So, let me help you keep up. What Trump signed was an order that once the Shutdown ends, the FURLOUGHED people will be paid.

EXCEPTED employees were always going to be paid.

FURLOUGHED people don't go into work.

EXCEPTED employees are expected to go into work.

Neither FURLOUGHED or EXCEPTED employees are getting a paycheck until the Shutdown is over.

So thank you for revealing your level of ignorance and why I generally keep you on the Ignore List.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up