ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Walter Football mock updated 12/27/18
Toad 07:40 AM 01-02-2019
Walter Football 2019 NFL Mock Draft
Last update: Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019_1.php

#31 Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
The Chiefs need secondary and linebacker help, but they're getting the best player available with this selection. Andy Reid loves to take second chances on players, so I think this makes sense.
Dexter Lawrence is a monster of a defensive tackle (6-5, 340) and is exceptional at both stuffing the run and pressuring the quarterback. He has fallen in this mock draft because of his positive drug test.

#62 Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
The Chiefs need to replace Marcus Peters at some point, and they could do it with three picks in the first two rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Julian Love is only 5-10, but he has great instincts and ball skills

#63 Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
The Chiefs tried to trade for Earl Thomas, but couldn't get the deal done before he got hurt. Here's a new safety if they can't sign Thomas next offseason.
Juan Thornhill is a sound tackler and covers very well

#94 Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
The Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt, so they'll need to find a replacement at some point in Rounds 2-4.
Trayveon Williams needs to continue to build strength, but he has explosive ability. He can also catch passes fairly well.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 01-02-2019
Yeah, that would be a pretty nice draft.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:17 AM 01-02-2019
Add a decent free agent addition at CB and S and a reclamation project at OLB like Shane Ray or Markus Golden. Have Speaks bulk up and move to DE or lose 15-20 pounds to not be such a slow fatass at OLB. Make those moves in addition to this draft and I think we would see marked improvement.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:34 AM 01-02-2019
I saw this mock and thought if they could get Lawrence that would be great.

Still think they should be switching back to 4-3 though.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:38 PM 01-02-2019
Taking Lawrence would be stupidity at its finest. That said, it'll probably happen because Chiefs. Overall, Walter takes a NT the Chiefs absolutely do not need, a slot CB to save the day when they need guys that can man up outside, a safety that could go round 1 and probably won't sniff anywhere near the bottom of round 2, and a guy that probably can't be a feature back in the NFL and runs with zero power in the 3rd. Call me fucking excited boy. WOOOOOOOOOOO.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:00 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Taking Lawrence would be stupidity at its finest. That said, it'll probably happen because Chiefs. Overall, Walter takes a NT the Chiefs absolutely do not need, a slot CB to save the day when they need guys that can man up outside, a safety that could go round 1 and probably won't sniff anywhere near the bottom of round 2, and a guy that probably can't be a feature back in the NFL and runs with zero power in the 3rd. Call me fucking excited boy. WOOOOOOOOOOO.
Personally I think they should go back to a 4-3 and take Lawrence top a front 4 of Ford, Nnadi, Lawrence and Jones out at end...that gives you a pass rush and improved run defense.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:39 PM 01-02-2019
WalterFootball is all sorts of dumb with mock draft projections.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:05 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Personally I think they should go back to a 4-3 and take Lawrence top a front 4 of Ford, Nnadi, Lawrence and Jones out at end...that gives you a pass rush and improved run defense.
Did Jones play end in college at all? He's been so successful this year inside I'm not sure I would want to move him outside.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:48 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Taking Lawrence would be stupidity at its finest. That said, it'll probably happen because Chiefs. Overall, Walter takes a NT the Chiefs absolutely do not need, a slot CB to save the day when they need guys that can man up outside, a safety that could go round 1 and probably won't sniff anywhere near the bottom of round 2, and a guy that probably can't be a feature back in the NFL and runs with zero power in the 3rd. Call me fucking excited boy. WOOOOOOOOOOO.
Yeah, lining up Dexter Lawrence next to Chris Jones would be stupid.
:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 07:02 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Personally I think they should go back to a 4-3 and take Lawrence top a front 4 of Ford, Nnadi, Lawrence and Jones out at end...that gives you a pass rush and improved run defense.
Gives you what kind of pass rush exactly? Lawrence and Nnadi aren't pass rushers. Neither one. Nnadi is a fine NT. Lawrence is a NT. You don't need another one. There's a bunch of other DTs I'd take in 1, but Lawerence isn't one of them. If you're moving to a 4-3 you need an UT. That ain't Lawrence. He isn't the next Poe or Ngata. He doesn't have that kind of quickness and disruptive ability. You'd probably help the rush defense marginally over a quicker tackle, that's about it.

Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Yeah, lining up Dexter Lawrence next to Chris Jones would be stupid.
:-)
Indeed it would. I didn't stutter. His linemate, Christian Wilkins, would make more sense.
[Reply]
The Pest 07:05 PM 01-04-2019
Tillery in the 1st please.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:10 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Tillery in the 1st please.
If the Chiefs are at the end of the round, can't make a move up and stick with a 3-4, that's probably the guy I pound the table hardest for. If they go to a 4-3, it's probably Isaiah Buggs, but I'm still forming my opinions.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:56 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If the Chiefs are at the end of the round, can't make a move up and stick with a 3-4, that's probably the guy I pound the table hardest for. If they go to a 4-3, it's probably Isaiah Buggs, but I'm still forming my opinions.
I'd love Tillery in the first as well, although not improving the secondary with that 1st round pick seems counter intuitive, the depth of the defensive line draft talent makes me think DL is the way to go in the 1st.

The Chiefs really need to make a good FA signing in the secondary pre draft to make sure their draft options are wide open.

There's a lot of pressure on Ward at this point too, maybe if he looks good in an outing or two in the playoffs the need for a CB is less desperate.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:47 PM 01-06-2019
Look up the running back from Boise state. He runs hard and is an every down back
[Reply]
Up