ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Springsteen On Broadway
Nzoner 08:55 AM 12-21-2018
For those that are fans this just premiered on Netflix,haven't made it all the way through but so far two thumbs up.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:19 AM 12-21-2018
I don't have anything against the guy, but he has to rank up there as the most lauded performer that doesn't rustle my skirt.

I'd put him on par with Bob Seger and Tom Petty, but all my life 'regular guys' go full homo for him, like he's the return of Christ, resplendent in faded jeans.

I've heard this is good, but then I've heard that from the type of people who buy floor tickets to every concert in a 250-mile radius when he tours. Does this give outsiders insight, or is it for the already ardent fan?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:06 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't have anything against the guy, but he has to rank up there as the most lauded performer that doesn't rustle my skirt.

I'd put him on par with Bob Seger and Tom Petty, but all my life 'regular guys' go full homo for him, like he's the return of Christ, resplendent in faded jeans.

I've heard this is good, but then I've heard that from the type of people who buy floor tickets to every concert in a 250-mile radius when he tours. Does this give outsiders insight, or is it for the already ardent fan?
I’m pretty much the same. I like him, I think he’s good, but I don’t worship him or anything like a lot of people seem to.

A lot of his music doesn’t do much for me.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:52 PM 12-21-2018
fans: HE WRITES SO GOOD
Me: Throws a speed ball by ya ....there's something somewhere...Thx boss really nailed those two.
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:32 PM 12-21-2018

First off IMO Tom Petty is/was head and shoulders above Bruce,that said I've seen Bruce a few times live and as far as showmanship goes I would agree with calling him The Boss(especially when he was younger and doing 4 hour shows).

This performance is for diehards but also for someone who wants to hear storytelling of things that shaped his life told with humor and passion.For instance he starts when he's 7 years old and how Elvis' first tv performance changed the world(including him) in an instant and goes on about his first guitar lessons and talks about his mother sending him into the bar to get his father etc.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:38 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
First off IMO Tom Petty is/was head and shoulders above Bruce,that said I've seen Bruce a few times live and as far as showmanship goes I would agree with calling him The Boss(especially when he was younger and doing 4 hour shows).

This performance is for diehards but also for someone who wants to hear storytelling of things that shaped his life told with humor and passion.For instance he starts when he's 7 years old and how Elvis' first tv performance changed the world(including him) in an instant and goes on about his first guitar lessons and talks about his mother sending him into the bar to get his father etc.
I’m gonna check this out now. Thanks
[Reply]
Rivaldo 10:48 PM 12-22-2018

Clapton and Radiohead for me. The most curiously-beloved that don't turn me on. Karma Police, I dig. Nothing from Clapton, though lol

Originally Posted by Nzoner:

I watched the 1st 30/40 minutes

My Hometown is a good song.. got a lil choked up.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 10:52 PM 12-22-2018

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:55 AM 12-23-2018
He obviously has a big following around here. Always curious what it's like out of this area.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:53 PM 12-27-2018
I thought this was terrific. I've never seen him in concert or been an ardent fan, but this makes me feel like perhaps I should've been. I appreciate the hype a lot more now.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:36 PM 12-27-2018
Did he write all the dialogue in the show? Anyone know?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:28 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Did he write all the dialogue in the show? Anyone know?
I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Most of the dialog is out of his autobiography- at least the stories are mostly the same. Bruce is a great writer and storyteller.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:36 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I thought this was terrific. I've never seen him in concert or been an ardent fan, but this makes me feel like perhaps I should've been. I appreciate the hype a lot more now.
If you have time watch this performance of Light Of Day,personally I've been a fan since the 80's and once I saw him live totally understood why he was called The Boss.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:45 AM 12-28-2018
I gotta admit, given my previous reservations, seeing Bruce jamming and Clarence wailing on Santa Claus is Comin' to Town is a holiday treat eclipsed only by Darlene Love on Letterman

[Reply]
Up