ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 319
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The kneecap wasn't due to offensive line play. Neither was the head.

The toe was.

So let's not pretend the only reason Mahomes is getting hurt is because he's getting pounded because of a lack of protection. That's not the case.
Whether you think it was or not, they're actions seem to say they feel it was/is.

He also got mangled in the Superdome this year and against the Bucs in the SB.

When they've played good defenses, they've kicked the OL's ass. Hence the offseason changes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The head wasn't directly caused, but...

The crappier the line, the more Mahomes uses his feet to make plays and exposes his head and body...
That play was a designed option run. There was no failure in protection, he would have been exposed no matter who was blocking.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 03-24-2021
Then I guess we might as well prepare for them to not get one because they really don't have the assets to go get one.
Next years first and a third will get it done.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:44 AM 03-24-2021
Then I guess we might as well prepare for them to not get one because they really don't have the assets to go get one.
:-) You did the same shit before they blew the OL to smithereens. "Guys, prepare to have Wylie be a starter next season. Veach won't use assets on the IOL. It's not going to happen."

Brett Veach:

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Whether you think it was or not, they're actions seem to say they feel it was/is.

He also got mangled in the Superdome this year and against the Bucs in the SB.

When they've played good defenses, they've kicked the OL's ass. Hence the offseason changes.
You're conflating two different things.

Patrick needs better protection to make the offense more efficient. Yes.

Patrick injury issues have very little to do with the offensive line play, however.

He's getting injured primarily due to play calling and terrible luck. He lost 5 weeks with an injury that I've never seen happen before in 30+ years of watching football - on a QB sneak.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 03-24-2021
There's no reason to be pigeon holed into anything. The Chiefs can take any number of players at 31 and be just fine. There's no reason for "fear" at all.

Trading major assets is the definition of "pigeon hole", not only this year but next year as well.

I'm not sure why people don't get that. Trading assets gives you LESS options, not more.
It also allows you to get a prospect you think can fill a spot for the foreseeable future.

A spot thats just under QB in terms of importance for this offense to operate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 03-24-2021
Next years first and a third will get it done.
You want to trade this year's 1st, next year's first, and next year's 3rd for a CHANCE at a starting LT?

I'm so glad you're not a GM.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-24-2021
It also allows you to get a prospect you think can fill a spot for the foreseeable future.

A spot thats just under QB in terms of importance for this offense to operate.
And if that prospect fails or gets injured, you have no means to replace him.

Sounds like a solid plan.

Why pivot when you can just veer off into the ditch...
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 03-24-2021
You're conflating two different things.

Patrick needs better protection to make the offense more efficient. Yes.

Patrick injury issues have very little to do with the offensive line play, however.

He's getting injured primarily due to play calling and terrible luck. He lost 5 weeks with an injury that I've never seen happen before in 30+ years of watching football - on a QB sneak.
You don't think them calling sprint out options on 3rd and short have anything to do with the OL?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) You did the same shit before they blew the OL to smithereens. "Guys, prepare to have Wylie be a starter next season. Veach won't use assets on the IOL. It's not going to happen."

Brett Veach:
In case you haven't noticed, this team still doesn't have a left tackle and people are fucking SCARED because of it.

This board is laughably emotional. It's like Twitter for old men.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So in other words, you want Chiefsplanet to be an echo chamber where everything is completely in agreement with how you think. If not those who dare disagree with your fragile ego are fucking idiots.

You've got problems dude.
Literally nobody is saying that. This is 100% a strawman.

If you say something stupid, and I call you out on it, then defend your argument. I didn’t just call you stupid. I pointed out things like the Rams and Veach’s drafts, and you didn’t do a very good job of defending either. You actually ignored the part about the Rams, probably because it’s true and you don’t want to defend it.

And yes, saying you’re prepared for the Chiefs to take a step back in March when they aren’t even remotely done is fucking stupid and defeatist attitude.

That doesn’t mean I want this place to be an echo chamber. I want you to be able to say your stupid shit. I didn’t say you shouldn’t be allowed to. If I cared that much, I’d put you on ignore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 03-24-2021
You don't think them calling sprint out options on 3rd and short have anything to do with the OL?
Do you think them calling QB sneaks does?
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 03-24-2021
You want to trade this year's 1st, next year's first, and next year's 3rd for a CHANCE at a starting LT?

I'm so glad you're not a GM.
Yeah. I'd imagine our GM would as well.

Stop overvaluing the end of the first round picks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 03-24-2021
And if that prospect fails or gets injured, you have no means to replace him.

Sounds like a solid plan.

Why pivot when you can just veer off into the ditch...
You sound like the old "don't trade up for a QB, it's too risky" guys here man.

If they evaluate and think the LT is worth it, go for it. The value of having that spot locked down is worth more than those picks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:49 AM 03-24-2021

This board is laughably emotional. It's like Twitter for old men.
Two decades and running strong of "what just happened will now happen forever if we don't do something about it!"
[Reply]
Page 302 of 319
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up