ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 1209
« First < 3989129135136137138139 1401411421431491892396391139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:46 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I had deep fried chicken of the woods last night.
:-)

Explain please?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:49 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
retried? I usually get them on the first go :-)

Sounds good man. What Recipe are you rolling with on the sauce?

And I don't know how widespread it is, but if you put a REALLY thin layer of sour cream on the outside, the shell won't get crusty and gross.

I love me some mexican food (even if I put cheddar on it - fucking lewdog :-) :-)).

Sigh. Fucking autocorrect.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ce-recipe.html

Wish I'd have read the sour cream trick before I put everything together. :-)
[Reply]
Stewie 03:49 PM 04-23-2016
I'm slow cooking a roast with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes (oh, and spices). Simple and delicious.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:50 PM 04-23-2016

Explain please?

It's a mushroom.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetiporus
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:51 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I'm slow cooking a roast with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes (oh, and spices). Simple and delicious.
A good roast is hard to beat. Leftovers kick ass, too.

What kind of roast?
[Reply]
Stewie 03:56 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
A good roast is hard to beat. Leftovers kick ass, too.

What kind of roast?

Arm roast, believe it or not. It's from Sprouts Farmers Market. I've done this before and it was really tasty. Their meat is stellar without having to pay a membership fee.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:58 PM 04-23-2016
Arm roast, believe it or not. It's from Sprouts Farmers Market. I've done this before and it was really tasty. Their meat is stellar without having to pay a membership fee.
I'm not familiar with that cut. Google indicates it's basically chuck? That's my favorite for roast. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:07 PM 04-23-2016
Sigh. Fucking autocorrect.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ce-recipe.html

Wish I'd have read the sour cream trick before I put everything together. :-)
I know it was autocorrect. I'm just glad it isn't just me that it FUBARS. I was trying to type "rewatched" in the GOT thread and it took like 6 times for it to finally accept that "rewatched is what I was trying to say. I almost broke it in half.

You'll know the sour cream for next time. Depends on how you rolled them. Sometimes it isn't an issue, but of there is a part that gets left out and catches all the oven heat, it can really help. Makes a hell of a mess because I put one sour cream on one side and the sauce on the other, but works good.

That sauce ought to be good. I'd never thought of using chicken stock.

I'm not familiar with that cut. Google indicates it's basically chuck? That's my favorite for roast. :-)
Arm roast is a good pot roast cut. Enjoy!
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:07 PM 04-23-2016

Explain please?
It's a mushroom that grows mainly on oak trees, when cooked it has a slight chicken taste and texture. It's really good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:10 PM 04-23-2016
You can compare all you want up and down who does what this and that, but it really comes down the critter.

We've butchered critters we owned, bucket calves and ones we kept back for butchering thinking we were money ahead, but we started getting premium critters on a no hormone diet from the feedlot...son of a bitch. The difference is night and day.

That's not to say a butcher can't FUBAR a good critter, but if the butcher is proficient, the critter is pretty much the deciding factor on a good cut of meat.

Now, walmart and the like, virtually never get good critters, so there's that, but if you are looking at a butcher, determining the source of the meat is probably the defining factor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:12 PM 04-23-2016
It's a mushroom.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetiporus
Yeah, I live in the desert. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Post pics Jason. I know Lewdog taught you how.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:17 PM 04-23-2016
Yeah, I live in the desert. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Post pics Jason. I know Lewdog taught you how.
I don't have a pic of the chicken of the woods from last night but will take one of the morels later if my wife isn't chopping them up right now lol
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:31 PM 04-23-2016
Chili dogs with Rays chili sauce... soooooo ****ing good, pricey as hell for a little 7oz can but well worth it

Then throw on a little shredded cheddar and a very generous spoonful of minced onion for good measure

Nothing gourmet about it, its just ****ing GOOD... can hardly wait
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:55 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I don't have a pic of the chicken of the woods from last night but will take one of the morels later if my wife isn't chopping them up right now lol
Sounds good man. You gotta educate the desert folk.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:06 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Chili dogs with Rays chili sauce... soooooo ****ing good, pricey as hell for a little 7oz can but well worth it

Then throw on a little shredded cheddar and a very generous spoonful of minced onion for good measure

Nothing gourmet about it, its just ****ing GOOD... can hardly wait

Nothin' wrong with a chili coney (unless it's that Cincinnati chili bullshit). :-)
[Reply]
Page 139 of 1209
« First < 3989129135136137138139 1401411421431491892396391139 > Last »
Up