ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3321 of 3903
« First < 2321282132213271331133173318331933203321 33223323332433253331337134213821 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You were not seriously asking. If you were it came off as rather rhetorical.

I have said this a hundred times and I will say it again, if you want to lock things down then fine. But you have to compensate the businesses and their employees and such.

I feel a lot better about it if a business suffers because people choose not to go out. That can happen at any time for any reason and does every few years because of simple economic swings.

That being said I am not a fan of shutting people down and tell them too ****ing bad when I have a pay check and I am not impacted by said edict.
When it was "mandated" businesses had the backstop of governmental help. When it's up to the public, they woudln't have had.

Theoretically atleast. But that hasn't been the case as we've seen Congress fiddle around.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:45 PM 12-17-2020
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

:-)
I have never said to lock everything down but scientifically it is a way to reduce the spread of a virus. Realistically it doesn't always make sense but you still want to mitigate it as much as you can .

I don't remember you starting anything threads about starving/homeless people before 2020, pretty sure those have been an issue in the US way before covid, maybe I missed it , got a link?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:46 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
When it was "mandated" businesses had the backstop of governmental help. When it's up to the public, they woudln't have had.

Theoretically atleast. But that hasn't been the case as we've seen Congress fiddle around.
I agree. When congress can get over their pissing contest we can talk lock downs if we need to.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:47 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I have never said to lock everything down but scientifically it is a way to reduce the spread of a virus. Realistically it doesn't always make sense but you still want to mitigate it as much as you can .

I don't remember you starting anything threads about starving/homeless people before 2020, pretty sure those have been an issue in the US way before covid, maybe I missed it , got a link?
Yeah because before 2020 we had a 3%-4% unemployment rate and about 3 million people out of work mostly because they chose to be.

Now we have 30 mil out of work and jobs aren't there.

But hey, you know....before and what not
[Reply]
Pants 02:49 PM 12-17-2020
Quality post. Compelling and rich.
You haven't had one of those in this entire thread, pete. And as DaFace mentioned, you've been putting in some work here to say the least.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:51 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
You haven't had one of those in this entire thread, pete. And as DaFace mentioned, you've been putting in some work here to say the least.
Well this certainly adds to the list of informative and not in any way a bitching, whiney type of posts. :-)
[Reply]
Monticore 03:02 PM 12-17-2020
Yeah because before 2020 we had a 3%-4% unemployment rate and about 3 million people out of work mostly because they chose to be.

Now we have 30 mil out of work and jobs aren't there.

But hey, you know....before and what not
I am sure all those people chose to live on the streets, such a great lifestyle .

I am sure the government didn't think about the possible issues of what they doing and were just doing it to be dicks .
[Reply]
Pants 03:13 PM 12-17-2020
Well this certainly adds to the list of informative and not in any way a bitching, whiney type of posts. :-)
LOL. I wasn't complaining.

Anyway.

The fact that we are starting the administration of vaccines is great news. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this fucking thing.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:17 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
LOL. I wasn't complaining.

Anyway.

The fact that we are starting the administration of vaccines is great news. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this fucking thing.
That's the hope. Just hope politics stay out of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 03:18 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I am sure all those people chose to live on the streets, such a great lifestyle .

I am sure the government didn't think about the possible issues of what they doing and were just doing it to be dicks .
Tell that to the people in NY right now. I'm sure knowing the government thought this out will make them feel better about losing their job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:20 PM 12-17-2020
Ya just fuck all the small businesses, fuck middle/ lower middle class people out of work, and fuck the ones in extreme poverty just to satisfy the illusion of doing something....they made things much much worse in regards to mental health, finances, and people starving.

Yeah great...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:25 PM 12-17-2020
Andrew Cuomo callously tells restaurants to be grateful

Gov. Andrew Cuomo didn’t say of struggling bar and restaurant workers and owners, “Let them eat cake.” He went even lower, telling them to be grateful for the crumbs he’s letting them have.

Responding to criticism Monday for banning indoor dining in the city when his own contact-tracing data show just 1.43 percent of state cases are linked to bars and restaurants, Cuomo blustered, “Let’s focus on what the real issues are,” dismissing “people who are concerned” about losing their livelihoods...

Instead of trying to help the thousands of people he’s putting out of work, the author of “American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic” is helping only himself: He’s hosting a celebrity-studded virtual birthday and holiday reception Thursday night, with tickets from $1,000 to $10,000, with the proceeds going into his political coffers. Apparently, that’s what leadership looks like these days.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/15/andrew...o-be-grateful/
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:30 PM 12-17-2020
If you want to hear some positive data, we have had 2 employees antibody tested, one that was positive in early June and one in early July and they both still had active antibodies.
[Reply]
Donger 03:34 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Originally Posted by Bwana

Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:43 PM 12-17-2020
We are averaging two American citizens dying every minute of every day from Covid-19.
[Reply]
Page 3321 of 3903
« First < 2321282132213271331133173318331933203321 33223323332433253331337134213821 > Last »
Up