ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2445 of 2693
« First < 1445194523452395243524412442244324442445 2446244724482449245524952545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 11:45 PM 02-26-2023
I'd like to see ERB do one with Pat Mahomes vs Tom Brady

This would be their first one with football players, to my knowledge, which is odd because they almost every other sport represented

Some of Mahomes' lines could be:

You had Wes Welker and you had Randy Moss
Yet all you could manage was a Super Bowl loss

I lost Sammy Watkins and I lost Tyreek Hill
Yet I won the Superbowl and the MVP still.

You ditched your wife for one last shot at Glory
But all you got was a nightmare end to your story.

I rap with style and rap with class
But Eli Manning still owns your ass
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:58 AM 02-27-2023
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by SportsCenter (@sportscenter)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 AM 02-27-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
P.S. for one game, I'd probably take Favre over Rodgers. And I get that Rodgers is the better overall QB, and probably more consistently accurate, and overall makes better decisions. But Favre could just make miraculous things happen, and his teammates would run through walls for him. Not sure Rodgers could get that level of buy-in from his entire team the way Favre could. And Favre didn't need a great receiver, the way Rodgers seems to.

There was a closer several years back named Armando Benitez. If you hit Armando's fastball, his answer was always "fuck you, I'll throw the next one HARDER..."

And it ended up even more straight and centered than the last one.

That's the risk you run with Brett Favre. Get him once and his response will be "Oh yeah, well try to pick THIS" and he'd fire some batshit insane laser into triple coverage that would also get picked. Rinse/repeat.

Favre's problem was that even at his apex, you never knew if he was just going to shit all over the rug. And he wasn't a guy who would self-scout and dial things back. Nor did he have the kind of emotional control you'd like.

He'd get frustrated and as a consequence he'd get stupid. I don't think you can take that over someone like Rodgers who has plenty of spectacular in his game but is capable of being far more measured when he needs to be. This version of him isn't because he's a petulant little twat now. But we're talking peak here and 2011 Aaron Rodgers is as close to Mahomes as anything we've seen. His ability to turn the aggression dial up/down as needed that season really is something you just don't see. 9 yards/attempt, 300+ yards/game and a 45-6 TD/INT ratio? That's just unreal.

Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings were nice players - but let's not act like Rodgers didn't make those guys more than they made him. I'd take Rodgers over Favre in that game 100 times over 100. Because with peak Rodgers there's just zero chance you're ever out of that game.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:30 AM 02-27-2023
Bro Kelce has at LEAST 6 more years.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:36 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There was a closer several years back named Armando Benitez. If you hit Armando's fastball, his answer was always "fuck you, I'll throw the next one HARDER..."

That's the risk you run with Brett Favre. Get him once and his response will be "Oh yeah, well try to pick THIS" and he'd fire some batshit insane laser into triple coverage that would also get picked. Rinse/repeat.

Favre's problem was that even at his apex, you never knew if he was just going to shit all over the rug. And he wasn't a guy who would self-scout and dial things back. Nor did he have the kind of emotional control you'd like.

He'd get frustrated and as a consequence he'd get stupid. I don't think you can take that over someone like Rodgers who has plenty of spectacular in his game but is capable of being far more measured when he needs to be. This version of him isn't because he's a petulant little twat now. But we're talking peak here and 2011 Aaron Rodgers is as close to Mahomes as anything we've seen. His ability to turn the aggression dial up/down as needed that season really is something you just don't see. 9 yards/attempt, 300+ yards/game and a 45-6 TD/INT ratio? That's just unreal.

Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings were nice players - but let's not act like Rodgers didn't make those guys more than they made him. I'd take Rodgers over Favre in that game 100 times over 100. Because with peak Rodgers there's just zero chance you're ever out of that game.
Yeah, I have to agree. I would much rather have the steadiness of Rodgers vs the win big, lose big of Favre.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:08 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by SportsCenter (@sportscenter)

Hey, I think I could complete a short swing pass. Maybe. But then again Patrick Mahomes II knows a lot more about playing quarterback than I do.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:15 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Caption this picture…

coming back from 27 down in the regular season is cake, now try double digits in 3 straight elimination games and win them all by 10 or more.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:19 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Hey, I think I could complete a short swing pass. Maybe. But then again Patrick Mahomes II knows a lot more about playing quarterback than I do.
Tyler Palko completed 84 passes in his career... I'd like to believe I could complete 1, even if it 99% of it was a receiver making a play on a lame duck throw.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:28 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Tyler Palko completed 84 passes in his career... I'd like to believe I could complete 1, even if it 99% of it was a receiver making a play on a lame duck throw.
I think the key would be to complete the pass in the first couple of plays of the game, before the defense realizes we can't throw more than ten yards and starts putting 11 in the box. But if we can get that one pass completion, even if it loses yards, then I think we have a good chance of winning the bet.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:28 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They said average fan... Many of us have played football and would most likely be considered above average. Go to Arrowhead and look around and determine who is an "average fan" and I think Patrick is spot on...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:43 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Bro Kelce has at LEAST 6 more years.
That'd mean he'd still be in the league at 39. I'm not so sure about that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:20 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Looks more fun than that 101 Awards Banquet taking place the same night.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Patrick Mahomes is going to make this dude rich
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You can find an entire video piece on youtube of Favre talking about not knowing what a nickel defense is..he finally asks Ty Detmer about it who thinks he's joking when he realizes he's not Ty explains that it means a LB leaves and a extra DB comes out for better coverage..

Favre responded oh is that all? Who gives a shit.
[Reply]
Page 2445 of 2693
« First < 1445194523452395243524412442244324442445 2446244724482449245524952545 > Last »
Up