ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2441 of 2693
« First < 1441194123412391243124372438243924402441 2442244324442445245124912541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
New World Order 10:21 AM 02-21-2023
So if you take out the 17th game (which was the Buccs), Mahomes still threw for a 5k-yard season.

Pretty damn good
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 02-21-2023
Mahomes already back working out. This guy is fucking insane lol.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:07 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mahomes already back working out. This guy is fucking insane lol.
Well, it ain't gonna run itself back :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:15 AM 02-21-2023

[Reply]
Best22 11:28 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's a stupid narrative because opposing fans just can't accept another KC win. Players at all levels in all sports fight and play through injuries almost daily. Heck in the SB KC lost to Tampa he played with turf toe and still ran for almost 500 yards. The man is tough and will fight through a ton of pain to win.
Haters don’t want to accept how tough he is. It’s one of the bitterest pills they have to swallow. He doesn’t “look tough”, so they try to convince themselves he isn’t

The fact he won a SB with an injury that sent Mac Jones crying to the bench hurts them, they are struggling to accept it. I laugh, this is going to be a sweet offseason.

Haters are in shambles
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I just checked Peyton's career efficiency stats; he's as good or better than Brady across the board.

I mean, anyone can just peruse the numbers; Peyton was obviously one of the best to ever do it.

But good God, just watch him play. In his prime he was a Terminator. Probably shortened the careers of countless DCs in his career. The best defensive players in that 17-year stretch were scared of Peyton, not Tom. He basically created his own gameplans and called his own plays. No other QB ever did that.
Brady has the better resume but Peyton was the better quarterback.

Nobody was able to read defenses and deliver balls as accurately and precisely timed as he could. Montana was his spiritual predecessor but the Walsh/WCO was so novel that it's hard to know how he'd have fared in an offense that teams were more familiar with.

But it's nice that the Mount Rushmore is as clearly defined as it is at this point. All the rest of the arguments are kinda done at this point.

It's Montana, Manning, Brady and Mahomes - the end.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:46 AM 02-21-2023
he should fake more injuries, we win the SB every time he does that
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:22 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
5 - Warren Moon
9 - Randall Cunningham
10 - Kurt Warner
Sexy picks here; controversial, though. I assume your rankings are heavily weighted on peak?

Cunningham's career looks to have been marred by injury, but at his peak, he could play with the best of them. In 1990 he passed for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs then added nearly 1,000 yards on the ground as well. That is crazy for the time period.

Cannon arm, ran like a gazelle, and had a hell of a leg. Have you ever seen his 91 yard punt? Lol.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:29 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Brady has the better resume but Peyton was the better quarterback.
I agree. Just goes to show that there is so much to take into account when comparing. You've got to consider individual statistics, eye test, team accomplishments (wins, SB wins), era, supporting cast, coaching, etc. There's a lot that goes into it.

Just talking about peak- everything else being equal. Who is your top 10 QBs of all-time? You've got one hypothetical game you've got to win. Who are the first 10 guys on your board?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:33 PM 02-21-2023
I like the Chiefs tbh
[Reply]
DRM08 01:35 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's too bad that Peyton ruined his career by going to the broncos and cheating. If not for that, I would classify him as the #2 or #3 quarterback of all time. He may still be in spite of that gaffe.

I would say the rankings of quarterbacks that I've seen are ...

1 - Patrick Mahomes II
2 - Dan Marino
3 - Peyton Manning (Colts)
4 - Joe Montana
5 - Warren Moon
6 - Steve Young
7 - Aaron Rodgers
8 - Roger Staubach
9 - Randall Cunningham
10 - Kurt Warner

There are a bunch of historical quarterbacks who would likely be on this list if I had seen them, most notably Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham.
I’ve always thought Warren Moon is pretty underrated. QB Wins should not be a stat. They need help around them to win big.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:52 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I thought NE fans were bad, but they have nothing on the Eagles' crybabies. " Chiefs cheated" or "it's all scripted and rigged and they don't want Patrick the NFL's golden boy to look bad and lose." This doesn't make sense because Philadelphia is a larger market.
NE fans are by far and away the worst and it's not even close. I get the issues that Philly (1 SB), Buffalo (0 SBs), and Cincy (0 SBs) fans have as they all must feel like luck is never on their side and will find ways to justify it. Way too many Chiefs fans were like that pre-Mahomes. We had a "because Chiefs" mindset that was so bad that even now some on here still show it every time KC loses a game or the other team gains like 2 yards.

NE fans though, they are pissy and bitter now that everything doesn't go their way. They had zero issues with refs until Brady left and they stopped getting the calls they used to. Now suddenly the game is rigged and whatnot. They are insufferable.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:10 PM 02-21-2023
Ankle must be healing nicely.

Not even 10 days removed from winning a SB and @PatrickMahomes is already back in the lab with @bobbystroupe😵*💫#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/DYWkqnBI2u

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) February 21, 2023

[Reply]
Best22 02:24 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
NE fans are by far and away the worst and it's not even close. I get the issues that Philly (1 SB), Buffalo (0 SBs), and Cincy (0 SBs) fans have as they all must feel like luck is never on their side and will find ways to justify it. Way too many Chiefs fans were like that pre-Mahomes. We had a "because Chiefs" mindset that was so bad that even now some on here still show it every time KC loses a game or the other team gains like 2 yards.

NE fans though, they are pissy and bitter now that everything doesn't go their way. They had zero issues with refs until Brady left and they stopped getting the calls they used to. Now suddenly the game is rigged and whatnot. They are insufferable.
They hated Mahomes since 2018

They bandwagoned the Bucs and were confident they were gonna beat us this year. Even Shaq Barrett was talking trash about our line

Then they got mangled and were never heard from again
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:27 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’ve always thought Warren Moon is pretty underrated. QB Wins should not be a stat. They need help around them to win big.
If we're just picking players at peak, Steve McNair at the top was scary good.

He could throw really well and run and shared the MVP with Peyton one year.
[Reply]
Page 2441 of 2693
« First < 1441194123412391243124372438243924402441 2442244324442445245124912541 > Last »
Up