ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2439 of 2693
« First < 1439193923392389242924352436243724382439 2440244124422443244924892539 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That’s just Clay being a dipshit.

Whoever created that pic was highlighting the few QBs in NFL history to win two MVPs and two Super Bowls. Montana, Brady, Manning and now Mahomes.

Clay himself started talking about dynasties, but it’s completely unrelated to the pic he posted.

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:53 AM 02-19-2023

[Reply]
Donger 12:35 PM 02-19-2023
Don't care if Q:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:43 PM 02-19-2023
wow

With his 2nd MVP & 2nd Super Bowl title, Patrick Mahomes continued to add to a legendary start to his career. In an attempt to show how amazing his first 5 years have been, I created a Google sheet comparing him to both contemporaries and all-time greats.https://t.co/BpJ7TNNzlx pic.twitter.com/GHVfeeEQSF

— Joshua Kennedy (@JoshuaKennedyHH) February 19, 2023

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HVE/edit#gid=0
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Unreal
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:37 PM 02-19-2023
I think Peyton is a top 3 QB all-time. He never pioneered a dynasty but he belongs up there with Brady and Montana.
I am sorry, but he is not top 3. He was a regular season warrior, and his legend is really built up by all the hype the announcers would give him during every single game.

Every. Single. Game.

They acted like Manning invented watching film, and invented the audible, etc. It was absolutely ridiculous because he didn't invent or even perfect either of those things.

He is top 5 or 6, but he doesn't belong in the conversation with Brady and Montana, and isn't nearly as good, ever, as Mahomes is now.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:39 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am sorry, but he is not top 3. He was a regular season warrior, and his legend is really built up by all the hype the announcers would give him during every single game.

Every. Single. Game.

They acted like Manning invented watching film, and invented the audible, etc. It was absolutely ridiculous because he didn't invent or even perfect either of those things.

He is top 5 or 6, but he doesn't belong in the conversation with Brady and Montana, and isn't nearly as good, ever, as Mahomes is now.

Lol, wat?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:55 PM 02-19-2023

Every. Single. Game.

He’s a 5-time league MVP, the most ever.

That sort of the thing doesn’t happen on accident.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:02 PM 02-19-2023
Manning is pretty much consensus top 3, I’d have to imagine. If I had to guess the average top 5, most people’s top 3 would probably be locked in:

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Manning

Then you’ve probably got some hodgepodge of Steve Young, Favre, Rodgers, Brees, Unitas, Elway and Marino rounding out the top 10.

Mahomes has to be making these lists sweat a little bit. I don’t think he quite has the individual statistics to warrant putting him in the top 10 just yet, but when you start talking about impact, scorching the record books, accolades, wins, and Super Bowls, I don’t think I’d argue with putting him in the top 15. Already.

And when you start talking about peak, idk. He’s probably top 5 and I’m not sure we’ve seen his best ball just yet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:07 PM 02-19-2023

Every. Single. Game.

He’s a 5-time league MVP, the most ever.

That sort of the thing doesn’t happen on accident.
I just checked Peyton's career efficiency stats; he's as good or better than Brady across the board.

I mean, anyone can just peruse the numbers; Peyton was obviously one of the best to ever do it.

But good God, just watch him play. In his prime he was a Terminator. Probably shortened the careers of countless DCs in his career. The best defensive players in that 17-year stretch were scared of Peyton, not Tom. He basically created his own gameplans and called his own plays. No other QB ever did that.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:29 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I just checked Peyton's career efficiency stats; he's as good or better than Brady across the board.

I mean, anyone can just peruse the numbers; Peyton was obviously one of the best to ever do it.

But good God, just watch him play. In his prime he was a Terminator. Probably shortened the careers of countless DCs in his career. The best defensive players in that 17-year stretch were scared of Peyton, not Tom. He basically created his own gameplans and called his own plays. No other QB ever did that.

Exactly. If you watched him play you saw it. He was unbelievably good and I always thought he was better than Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:43 PM 02-19-2023
Peyton is a postseason choke artist. Who rode defenses to Super Bowls

Kids today
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:50 PM 02-19-2023
It's too bad that Peyton ruined his career by going to the broncos and cheating. If not for that, I would classify him as the #2 or #3 quarterback of all time. He may still be in spite of that gaffe.

I would say the rankings of quarterbacks that I've seen are ...

1 - Patrick Mahomes II
2 - Dan Marino
3 - Peyton Manning (Colts)
4 - Joe Montana
5 - Warren Moon
6 - Steve Young
7 - Aaron Rodgers
8 - Roger Staubach
9 - Randall Cunningham
10 - Kurt Warner

There are a bunch of historical quarterbacks who would likely be on this list if I had seen them, most notably Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:09 PM 02-19-2023
Peyton Manning was better than Brady. He just didn't have the defenses that Brady had. If I couldn't pick Mahomes for a game winning drive, then I'd be picking Manning. That dude was absolute nails and his team was never out of it.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:11 PM 02-19-2023
Every other quarterback in history is literal dog shit compared to Patrick Mahomes
[Reply]
Page 2439 of 2693
« First < 1439193923392389242924352436243724382439 2440244124422443244924892539 > Last »
Up