ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:59 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just remember that the Miracle on Ice isn't shit if Team USA doesn't beat Finland the following game.

This game was exceptional - and it's a historic footnote if the Chiefs don't take care of business next week.

So make sure that Cincy is Finland and we get the job done. There's no reason we shouldn't - the Chiefs are a better football team.

Just go prove it.

NFL teams record coming off an OT playoff game, their record the next week is 7-18. Bengals have had an extra day’s rest too. It’s not going to be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
fan4ever 11:06 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It was pretty epic last time. Both teams scored over 30 and the game was decided on a field goal at the very end.
I think they played their best game. I don't think we did. I'm not as worried as some.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:08 AM 01-26-2022
As the week progresses, thoughts on how to approach the Bengals' very explosive offense:

1) Let the front 4 eat. This is the most important aspect. Let Jones, and Clark, and Ingram, and Reed and Wharton make plays. Devote the back 7 to coverage with the exception of an occasional blitz (hammer that crappy right side of the line when you do it).

2) Be creative in devoting help to Ward/Fenton on Jamar Chase. Have a safety over the top. Have the safety and corner flip responsibilities (with the corner taking a cover 3 style drop and the safety handling the shorter stuff).

3) Keep Nick Bolton and Willie Gay on the field as much as possible (Niemann is the type of LB Mixon routinely abuses).

I think the Chiefs' offense has locked into playoff mode and is operating efficiently. I love that Mahomes keeps his legs/scrambling ability mostly in his pocket during the regular season and saves that little extra bit for the playoffs. It does seem to routinely catch teams unaware. I'm not concerned about them making plays or putting up points. Just a matter of execution (as it has been all year).
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:12 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
NFL teams record coming off an OT playoff game, their record the next week is 7-18. Bengals have had an extra day’s rest too. It’s not going to be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many of those teams had Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Hill? I’m guessing none, so that stat means nothing.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:17 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just remember that the Miracle on Ice isn't shit if Team USA doesn't beat Finland the following game.

This game was exceptional - and it's a historic footnote if the Chiefs don't take care of business next week.

So make sure that Cincy is Finland and we get the job done. There's no reason we shouldn't - the Chiefs are a better football team.

Just go prove it.

"If you lose this game, you'll take it to your fucking graves. Your fucking graves."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
As the week progresses, thoughts on how to approach the Bengals' very explosive offense:

1) Let the front 4 eat. This is the most important aspect. Let Jones, and Clark, and Ingram, and Reed and Wharton make plays. Devote the back 7 to coverage with the exception of an occasional blitz (hammer that crappy right side of the line when you do it).

2) Be creative in devoting help to Ward/Fenton on Jamar Chase. Have a safety over the top. Have the safety and corner flip responsibilities (with the corner taking a cover 3 style drop and the safety handling the shorter stuff).

3) Keep Nick Bolton and Willie Gay on the field as much as possible (Niemann is the type of LB Mixon routinely abuses).

I think the Chiefs' offense has locked into playoff mode and is operating efficiently. I love that Mahomes keeps his legs/scrambling ability mostly in his pocket during the regular season and saves that little extra bit for the playoffs. It does seem to routinely catch teams unaware. I'm not concerned about them making plays or putting up points. Just a matter of execution (as it has been all year).
Niemann and Sorensen are going to see some time - it's almost inevitable.

So if they're in, send a few middle blitzes with them. That Bengals interior line really struggles with communication on those and if you start getting Burrow worried about those as well, you can really speed him up.

That was the most incredible part about that Titans game - TN was getting pressure from EVERYWHERE. And sooner or later Burrow just couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

The Bengals offense didn't win them that football game, that's for sure. And if we can get even half the heat on Burrow that Tennessee did, it'll be a bloodbath.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:29 AM 01-26-2022
We have to make the Bengals pay for their crappy offensive line. That's a huge weakness that we must exploit to slow down this offense.

On critical third downs, you have to take Chase away. It just has to be done. They love to give extra protection to Burrow and target Chase on outbreaking routes along the sideline. And they are damn good at it.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:23 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
How many of those teams had Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Hill? I’m guessing none, so that stat means nothing.
At this stage in the season, stats and history don't mean shit.

Remember Reid's 1-8 record against the Titans everyone was clamoring about going into the AFCCG? It just doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:38 PM 01-26-2022
Cynthia Frelund just brought up an interesting point. If KC blankets Chase and pressures Burrow we need to pay particular attention to Joe Mixon catching passes in the flat. Makes sense so put a spy on him and take him out.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:45 PM 01-26-2022
Bengals fans talk SOOO much shit. I was somewhat rooting for the Bengals before week 17, but since it's been a bunch of nonsense.

Bengals fans can now eat a bag of dicks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:48 PM 01-26-2022
Looks like perfect weather in the forecast for Sunday 46 degrees wind 5 mph Sunny
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:49 PM 01-26-2022
Anybody got a good Bengals site to infiltrate ? I woke up feeling dangerous!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How many of the 18 losers were road teams? That seems like it would be important.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:51 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Ha! My coworker brought up this stat to me this morning and I made pretty much the exact same argument as you did. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:51 PM 01-26-2022
Bill Cowher shows us how he schemed to beat Cincy in a Playoff Game, from 2006:

[Reply]
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up