ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
BigRichard 02:26 PM 09-10-2019
I always pictured The Rock as Jack Reacher. Thought he would fit the part to a T.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:00 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I always pictured The Rock as Jack Reacher. Thought he would fit the part to a T.
Reacher was 100% white, as we know that isn't The Rock.

Hard to believe but Johnson's dad Rocky Johnson was more buffed out than Dwayne is. Dad tag teamed with Tony "Mr.USA" Atlas.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:03 PM 09-10-2019
Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:05 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!
Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.
[Reply]
kc rush 05:24 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.
I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:26 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.
So what is a good movie in your opinion?
[Reply]
kc rush 05:33 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
So what is a good movie in your opinion?
In this genre, I'd say Heat. Haven't thought too much about it and would have to come up with a list.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 AM 09-11-2019
First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...
[Reply]
Sorry 12:45 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...
Yeah first one was really entertaining.
[Reply]
kc rush 03:44 PM 09-12-2019
I'd say Killing Floor is the best place to start, but as long as you have a fundamental understanding of the character you can read any of the books and be fine. There seems to be occasional referrals to characters or events from other books, but it doesn't seem to get in the way.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:04 PM 12-02-2021
New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

[Reply]
BigRichard 05:28 AM 12-03-2021

I actually like the looks of it... maybe a little cheesy but I can deal with it.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 AM 02-22-2022

No Tom Cruise. No 5'7'' man. May watch.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:15 PM 02-04-2022
Never had anything to do with this platform, not out of choice but out of obliviousness. Not read any books, not seen any movies, . . . but the new series seems off to a promising start.

Sure, it's a potpourri of recycled tropes, but it's blended and balanced well.

Helps knowing the material is based on existing canon, not some seat-of-the-pants adaptation.

Kind of like watching an airport novel.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:06 PM 02-04-2022
Almost finished with the season. I’ve read most of the books, this guy definitely fits the part.

If you like Jack Reacher I recommend taking a look at The Terminal List coming out in April on Amazon Prime. Jack Carr is a former Navy Seal and has walked the walk so the series is like a more accurate/realistic Jack Reacher.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up