ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 44
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
staylor26 10:30 AM 10-06-2022
I have no problem with good vs. evil, and this isn't at all an issue of LOTR/Tolkien being that for me. I love the trilogy, and I enjoyed The Hobbit even though it wasn't very good because I still enjoyed/liked the characters.

I mean to each his own, but I just don't see how Galadriel is a great character. There's nothing about her that I find relatable, interesting, or endearing. She's no Frodo, Aragorn, or Legolas. It's just hard to even root for her, which is kind of a big deal in a battle of good vs. evil when she's supposed to be the face of the side of good.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
(seriously, though, why didn't Aragorn just ask for one more assist from them at the Black Gates?)
This has always bothered me. "Look, you cursed undead fucks - you have been trapped thousands of years for your heinous crimes. You want to finally be free? Then one more chore - go wipe ALL those assholes *waves distractedly towards Mordor* off the map of Middle Earth once and for all, and THEN you can be free." It was just that simple.

And I'll even one up that perfectly reasonable question - where in the good goddamn were the fucking Eagles? Fly Frodo (and Gandalf to keep him company and make sure it gets done right) straight over Mount Doom and drop that piece of shit ring down its gullet. The Eagles are assholes.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:46 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I have no problem with good vs. evil, and this isn't at all an issue of LOTR/Tolkien being that for me. I love the trilogy, and I enjoyed The Hobbit even though it wasn't very good because I still enjoyed/liked the characters.

I mean to each his own, but I just don't see how Galadriel is a great character. There's nothing about her that I find relatable, interesting, or endearing. She's no Frodo, Aragorn, or Legolas. It's just hard to even root for her, which is kind of a big deal in a battle of good vs. evil when she's supposed to be the face of the side of good.

She’s a terrible character but it’s not the intention. They think they are making her some awesome warrior. But she’s entitled, arrogant, disrespectful, and portrayed as being the smartest person in the room that commands being heard and leading others but she’s actually pretty stupid and as of yet hasn’t had to pay for any of her stupid decisions and learn from anything.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
She’s a terrible character but it’s not the intention. They think they are making her some awesome warrior. But she’s entitled, arrogant, disrespectful, and portrayed as being the smartest person in the room that commands being heard and leading others but she’s actually pretty stupid and as of yet hasn’t had to pay for any of her stupid decisions and learn from anything.
I've seen her being described as a Mary Sue and a Karen. I thought that was pretty accurate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:59 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This has always bothered me. "Look, you cursed undead fucks - you have been trapped thousands of years for your heinous crimes. You want to finally be free? Then one more chore - go wipe ALL those assholes *waves distractedly towards Mordor* off the map of Middle Earth once and for all, and THEN you can be free." It was just that simple.

And I'll even one up that perfectly reasonable question - where in the good goddamn were the fucking Eagles? Fly Frodo (and Gandalf to keep him company and make sure it gets done right) straight over Mount Doom and drop that piece of shit ring down its gullet. The Eagles are assholes.
So supposedly those dragon looking things that the witch king and his minions were riding (remember the hot chick hacked one’s head off before she said I’m no man and stabbed that cunt in the face) killed the eagles in battle, so the rest were hiding. There is a scene in one of the early episodes of a battle with Margoths forces where one of those dragon things throws an eagle through a burning tower.

I had to watch a dork video to see it but it is in there.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:05 PM 10-07-2022
Is it just me or is anyone else really starting to enjoy this? It seems like it’s improving with every episode.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:34 PM 10-07-2022
I can't say I'm truly enjoying it because I do find myself half-watching frequently, but I am sticking with it.

As I've mentioned, it looks amazing and the introduction/name drops of characters (Durin, Isildur, Celebrimbor, etc.) and locations from the lore is interesting.

I mean, watching the creation of Mount Doom was awesome. It was such a fixture of the original trilogy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:59 PM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Is it just me or is anyone else really starting to enjoy this? It seems like it’s improving with every episode.
I can’t say the newest episode was better than the prior one but I understand the need to grab a breath after that episode.

But it did do some things well. The Neuminorian Queen and the commanders interactions were really well acted. Really compelling stuff.

Durin and Elronds stuff was damn good banter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:40 PM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Yeah, they kinda wrote themselves into a corner with the eagles. They showed up to help so many times, it's hard to buy that they didn't just fly Frodo to Mount Doom because it may have been too dangerous.

I don't think anything in Middle Earth is fucking with Gandalf and crew rolling up with about 20 of those bad boys behind them.
[Reply]
Stro39 09:21 PM 10-07-2022
I dunno, I like it. I haven't stuck with HOTD or Andor much yet but I look forward to this every week. I do agree though it does have its weak points, I just love the Tolkien world, always have since I read the book The Hobbit as a kid.
[Reply]
loochy 06:23 PM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

But isn't that all kind of the point? 1)She's an elf, and elves are generally arrogant assholes to begin with. 2) She's purposely a flawed character, blinded by arrogance, hatred, and ambition. She's not "pure good" and I think that was done on purpose.

She's the catalyst that is making this story move, but I don't think she's supposed to be pure good.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:10 PM 10-08-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
But isn't that all kind of the point? 1)She's an elf, and elves are generally arrogant assholes to begin with. 2) She's purposely a flawed character, blinded by arrogance, hatred, and ambition. She's not "pure good" and I think that was done on purpose.

She's the catalyst that is making this story move, but I don't think she's supposed to be pure good.
While I do think some of it, to an extent, is setting up character development, I do not at all think that the intention is to make the show's protagonist THAT unlikable.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:44 PM 10-09-2022
So what is she going to royally fuck up to force her into being the pacifist we see in the LotR trilogy? Let Sauron (coughcoughHalbrandcough) slip right through her fingers as he was in her face for so long?
[Reply]
Fish 10:36 PM 10-09-2022

[Reply]
listopencil 12:54 AM 10-10-2022
I watched another epic episode of House of the Dragon tonight, but I'm sure these guys will match it with...uh...mountains blowing up and shit. Or maybe they'll have another Harfoot almost encounter a wolf-thing.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 44
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up