ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When is Andy going to learn?
comochiefsfan 09:54 PM 09-19-2021
To let the Ferrari out of the garage?

I'm SO sick of watching the same game over and over again. This must have happened half a dozen times last season.

We jump out to a nice lead, late in the third, early in the fourth quarter. We have the best QB and offense on the planet. Game is over right?

Wrong.

Andy shuts the fucking offense down by calling bullshit screens, lateral passes to unathletic scrubs and hands the ball off. Our shitty defense is unable to hold the extra stress being put on them and suddenly we have a game again.

Last season Patrick was able to bail Andy out on those late drives by getting us the first down we needed to secure the win. Tonight, he wasn't able to. Not because he threw a pick or turned it over on downs. Nope, he wasn't able to because Andy took the ball out of his hands and someone else fucked it up.

What is it going to take for Andy to allow Patrick to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers so we don't have to bite our nails in these bullshit games anymore?

We have the best player on the planet. The most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Let. Him. Loose.

Andy is a great coach. But he never fucking learns.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:49 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Be honest.

Would anyone blame Andy for “scoring too quick” if we kept the ball in Mahomes’s hands and scored a TD but then the Defense shit the bed?

I wouldn’t. I’d blame the defense entirely. I’d fully support the mentality to live and die with Mahomes.
There is a middle ground between 1) running a predictable play with an ineffective player on the edge of FG range and 2) chucking it into the endzone for a quick score. A short, safe pass for a first down gives a new set of downs, an easier FG (if it comes to that), runs the clock, and keeps both FG and TD options open.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:49 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I hate to say it because I despise the cheating Patriots so much, but Andy could take a pointer from Belichick and allow his franchise QB to open up the offense and to run up the score on teams like that dynasty did at Brady’s peak.

It’s incredible how many close games this team still plays because of how conservative his playcalling in with the most talented player to ever play the game. At first I thought it was just a not trusting the young QB thing early in Mahomes’ career, but he’s clearly just that kind of coach. He may never learn.

Payton loves running up the score too. Harbaugh did it all the time in Jackson’s MVP season. A run up the score mentality certainly would have helped us in this game. We get the ball at midfield, up 11, Ravens ready to be put out of their misery. And we gift them with a five yard loss on a first down running play to perhaps our worst offensive player.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:50 PM 09-19-2021
I hate to say it because I despise the cheating Patriots so much, but Andy could take a pointer from Belichick and allow his franchise QB to open up the offense and to run up the score on teams like that dynasty did at Brady’s peak.

It’s incredible how many close games this team still plays because of how conservative his playcalling is with the most talented player to ever play the game. At first I thought it was just a not trusting the young QB thing early in Mahomes’ career, but he’s clearly just that kind of coach. He may never learn.
If they didn’t squeak out the win last week, people would still be complaining about the 4th and 2 field goal early in the game. Meanwhile the other team converted multiple 4th downs in the first half. Two straight weeks it appears Coach Reid does not have enough faith in his QB compared to other coaches with inferior QB’s.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:51 PM 09-19-2021

It’s incredible how many close games this team still plays because of how conservative his playcalling is with the most talented player to ever play the game. At first I thought it was just a not trusting the young QB thing early in Mahomes’ career, but he’s clearly just that kind of coach. He may never learn.
Agreed.

I remember many games when the Faketriots would run the ball less than 10 times a game with Brady.
[Reply]
srvy 10:51 PM 09-19-2021
Im sure Andy was worried about being caught in a bring the house situation and taking a huge loss. CEH looking at reruns had the ball high like he never got a good handle on it. The Ravens player made a lucky paw at it give him credit. Clyde has to know they are going to punch at it. He needed to at all costs secure the rock even if he takes the loss. He didn't and the rest is history.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:54 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Eh, that's obviously a huge stretch. It was 2nd and 3 and it's well within their normal offense to run in that situation to either get 3 and a 1st down or else do what they do best and convert 3rd and short.

I was more concerned about a couple of the 2nd and long plays earlier in the 2nd half that made little to no sense.
wellll I know Andy knows Mahomes is the best player he's ever coached and I'm sure he trusts him but not as much as he trusts his spreadsheets and his "book" to get conservative with a lead. He's been doing it his whole career. Thats not "trusting" Mahomes.

Ravens coach spent all his press conference telling everyone that he trusts Lamar in every situation, every time. Of course that's coach speak but..... I cant see any scenario with the game on the line that you take the ball out of Mahomes hands. Thats for the best, never. The ball in Mahomes hands to win the game is ALWAYS the right choice.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:55 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Im sure Andy was worried about being caught in a bring the house situation and taking a huge loss. CEH looking at reruns had the ball high like he never got a good handle on it. The Ravens player made a lucky paw at it give him credit. Clyde has to know they are going to punch at it. He needed to at all costs secure the rock even if he takes the loss. He didn't and the rest is history.
Unless Creed sails the ball over Mahomes head, I am not worried about Mahomes ability to read a blitz and flip it to an open person. I don't think Andy doubted Mahomes either. He just thought the most important thing to do in that situation was to run clock, when the most important thing was actually to get the first down and get closer to the goal line.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:05 PM 09-19-2021
I mean he's never gonna learn at this point. This could be a duplicate thread from 7 years ago for all I know. With this much talent on the roster and the best QB in the league, you'd think this team would be blowing teams out. Especially when the opponent throws 2 first quarter interceptions. But they fucking don't. They dick around and go soft and then let the other team back into the game. It comes back to haunt them nearly every time. Fortunately for Reid, Mahomes and/or Butker save the day 95% of the time. Tonight was just one of the 5%.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:50 AM 09-20-2021
Andy is hardheaded & old school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:55 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Andy being Andy. Settles for horrible clock management rather than let his racehorse win it for him...
Running out the clock for the go ahead score is "bad" clock management. That's a new one.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:07 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Running out the clock for the go ahead score is "bad" clock management. That's a new one.
It is when we don't have a sure thing with our running backs.
[Reply]
straycash 04:15 AM 09-20-2021
He will never learn, greatest chiefs coach
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:59 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Pat was something like 7/7 for 80 yards and a TD against the blitz last night .

If Andy was afraid of an all out blitz then he's a fool.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:00 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Unless Creed sails the ball over Mahomes head, I am not worried about Mahomes ability to read a blitz and flip it to an open person. I don't think Andy doubted Mahomes either. He just thought the most important thing to do in that situation was to run clock, when the most important thing was actually to get the first down and get closer to the goal line.
The most important thing when you're losing the game is to make sure you actually score.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:47 AM 09-20-2021
I was worried we would get too cute working clock instead of just letting Mahomes attack.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up