ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When is Andy going to learn?
comochiefsfan 09:54 PM 09-19-2021
To let the Ferrari out of the garage?

I'm SO sick of watching the same game over and over again. This must have happened half a dozen times last season.

We jump out to a nice lead, late in the third, early in the fourth quarter. We have the best QB and offense on the planet. Game is over right?

Wrong.

Andy shuts the fucking offense down by calling bullshit screens, lateral passes to unathletic scrubs and hands the ball off. Our shitty defense is unable to hold the extra stress being put on them and suddenly we have a game again.

Last season Patrick was able to bail Andy out on those late drives by getting us the first down we needed to secure the win. Tonight, he wasn't able to. Not because he threw a pick or turned it over on downs. Nope, he wasn't able to because Andy took the ball out of his hands and someone else fucked it up.

What is it going to take for Andy to allow Patrick to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers so we don't have to bite our nails in these bullshit games anymore?

We have the best player on the planet. The most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Let. Him. Loose.

Andy is a great coach. But he never fucking learns.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It was an interesting situation.... I'd rather see Mahomes win it and leave time on the clock than try to setup Butker. And nothing against Butker, and I know there would have been an even bigger meltdown if the Ravens figured out a way to drive down the field with no timeouts and score another touchdown..... but, I'll take my chances with Mahomes every single time.
I mostly agree. If Mahomes scores with less than 30 seconds, it is great. If we were to leave 45 seconds, I might take my chances on a Butker FG with no time left. The Ravens are explosive and the Chiefs defense isn't playing well so far.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He threw three straight passes on 1st downs before that. If Clyde had done his usual bullshit and got 3 yards and the first down no one would be complaining about Reid. But because he fumbled, he we are.
If he got the 1st down, we'd be on the 30. I have no doubt Reid would go ultra conservative and settle for a 35-45 yard FG with no time remaining.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:36 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's not that simple.
I think it is pretty simple. Mahomes is a phenomenal scrambler. Get him on the edge with a choice to run it himself or throw it. At least you are giving him a chance to make a play. Harbaugh trusted Lamar. Andy did not trust Mahomes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Running it wasnt a bad call getting a score leaving no time was the right thinking with how bad our defense is.
We could have done short passes, has a WR take the handoff, lots of choices but the one with the ineffective CEH taking the ball out of Mahomes hands.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
Just saw the replay. If CEH doesn't fumble, he likely loses several yards in the play. Would be about 3rd and 5 on the 35 or so. Still some work to do.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
If he got the 1st down, we'd be on the 30. I have no doubt Reid would go ultra conservative and settle for a 35-45 yard FG with no time remaining.
That’s exactly what he would have done, yes. We’ve seen it so many times the past few years where a game has come down to a final FG or a single stop on defense because Mahomes hasn’t been allowed to do his thing.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
I don’t think anyone was expecting a fumble but the reason I was sitting there saying don’t run is because we were not at all in chip shot field goal range. It was dumb to do a run the clock play at that spot of the field. Throw one or two more balls and just kneel on it or throw it out of bounds like Brady. If you get a run to the end zone fall down at two yard line do if you are determined to run the clock. The Ravens could do nothing to stop that.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:40 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think it is pretty simple. Mahomes is a phenomenal scrambler. Get him on the edge with a choice to run it himself or throw it. At least you are giving him a chance to make a play. Harbaugh trusted Lamar. Andy did not trust Mahomes.
100% THIS!

FFS, when Mahomes is rolling on a last possession drive, let him do his thing. Andy was more concerned about killing the clock, and it bit him in his ass. You keep the ball in Pat’s hands and let him the win game for you with his arm and feet. FULL STOP
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It was an interesting situation.... I'd rather see Mahomes win it and leave time on the clock than try to setup Butker. And nothing against Butker, and I know there would have been an even bigger meltdown if the Ravens figured out a way to drive down the field with no timeouts and score another touchdown..... but, I'll take my chances with Mahomes every single time.
Keep the ball in Mahomes hands. Quit taking it out of his hands with the game on the line. How is not clear to andy?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:41 PM 09-19-2021
Andy still coaches sometimes as if Alex Smiff is his QB and not Mahomes.

The Chiefs ran on 98% of first downs in the game… usually for minimal yardage… and including that fateful drive when they had stopped the Ravens and were up 11 with a chance to bury the Ravens. Instead Andy calls yet another run play… five yard loss and it goes downhill from there.

When you play conservative and don’t bury teams with the greatest QB in the game today at your disposal you’ll eventually get burned.

I didn’t so much have a problem with the CEH run playcall on the fumble… but the Chiefs shouldn’t have been in that scenario if Andy would have finished the Ravens earlier when given the chance.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 10:42 PM 09-19-2021
Andy being Andy. Settles for horrible clock management rather than let his racehorse win it for him...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:43 PM 09-19-2021
Be honest.

Would anyone blame Andy for “scoring too quick” if we kept the ball in Mahomes’s hands and scored a TD but then the Defense shit the bed?

I wouldn’t. I’d blame the defense entirely. I’d fully support the mentality to live and die with Mahomes.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:46 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy still coaches sometimes as if Alex Smiff is his QB and not Mahomes.

The Chiefs ran on 98% of first downs in the game… usually for minimal yardage… and including that fateful drive when they had stopped the Ravens and were up 11 with a chance to bury the Ravens. Instead Andy calls yet another run play… five yard loss and it goes downhill from there.

When you play conservative and don’t bury teams with the greatest QB in the game today at your disposal you’ll eventually get burned.

I didn’t so much have a problem with the CEH run playcall on the fumble… but the Chiefs shouldn’t have never been in that scenario if Andy would have finished the Ravens earlier when given the chance.
I hate to say it because I despise the cheating Patriots so much, but Andy could take a pointer from Belichick and allow his franchise QB to open up the offense and to run up the score on teams like that dynasty did at Brady’s peak.

It’s incredible how many close games this team still plays because of how conservative his playcalling is with the most talented player to ever play the game. At first I thought it was just a not trusting the young QB thing early in Mahomes’ career, but he’s clearly just that kind of coach. He may never learn.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Eh, that's obviously a huge stretch. It was 2nd and 3 and it's well within their normal offense to run in that situation to either get 3 and a 1st down or else do what they do best and convert 3rd and short.

I was more concerned about a couple of the 2nd and long plays earlier in the 2nd half that made little to no sense.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:46 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Be honest.

Would anyone blame Andy for “scoring too quick” if we kept the ball in Mahomes’s hands and scored a TD but then the Defense shit the bed?

I wouldn’t. I’d blame the defense entirely. I’d fully support the mentality to live and die with Mahomes.
I was of the mindset that we could have scored a TD pretty easy on that drive. We had them reeling with the pass. Score, go for 2 Points and roll the fucking dice that the D Doesn’t give up TD with less than 1 min to go and Balt probably having no TO’s
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up