ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When is Andy going to learn?
comochiefsfan 09:54 PM 09-19-2021
To let the Ferrari out of the garage?

I'm SO sick of watching the same game over and over again. This must have happened half a dozen times last season.

We jump out to a nice lead, late in the third, early in the fourth quarter. We have the best QB and offense on the planet. Game is over right?

Wrong.

Andy shuts the fucking offense down by calling bullshit screens, lateral passes to unathletic scrubs and hands the ball off. Our shitty defense is unable to hold the extra stress being put on them and suddenly we have a game again.

Last season Patrick was able to bail Andy out on those late drives by getting us the first down we needed to secure the win. Tonight, he wasn't able to. Not because he threw a pick or turned it over on downs. Nope, he wasn't able to because Andy took the ball out of his hands and someone else fucked it up.

What is it going to take for Andy to allow Patrick to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers so we don't have to bite our nails in these bullshit games anymore?

We have the best player on the planet. The most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Let. Him. Loose.

Andy is a great coach. But he never fucking learns.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Andy was seriously more content to try and win the game on a 50 yard field goal then have Pat take us down for a TD or chip shot.

Why does Andy trust Butker more than Patrick?
It’s completely bizarre to me. Let the fucking Man win the game for you. That’s what he does best!

It’s infuriating
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 PM 09-19-2021
Trust in Mahomes, win football games. You wouldn’t think this would be a difficult concept to learn but Andy has never fully grasped it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:23 PM 09-19-2021
Andy was seriously more content to try and win the game on a 50 yard field goal then have Pat take us down for a TD or chip shot.

Fair question.

Somebody in the post game presser should ask him.

Sneak preview: they won’t.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 09-19-2021

It's bizarre. Mediocre Mike Mccarthy settled for a 56 yarder in similar situation and got lucky. NFL coaches seem really dumb
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:23 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Butker hit a few game winners outside of the 20 yard line last year infact hes a much better kicker from long distance than he is inside the 10.

The call was 1 play. Baltimore had 0 timeouts an incomplete pass stops the clock. We could have scored with 0 on the clock why help Baltimore out and throw an incomplete pass?
Why are you so scared of the incomplete pass when we have Mahomes?

Trust that he's smart enough to scramble and stay in bounds if it's not there.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:24 PM 09-19-2021

It's not that simple.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:26 PM 09-19-2021

He’s one of the highest football IQ players to ever play the game and we have Andy Reid calling run plays to run the clock when they’re behind. Incredible stuff.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:26 PM 09-19-2021
It's not that simple.
But it is. That kind of bass ackwards thinking is what compels a coach to run a predictable dive play into the line that results in a fumble and costs his team the game.

All because he was more worried about running clock (when we were 35-40 yards from the endzone) than he was scoring.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:27 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
I disagree with this narrative. A lot of our succesful drives also have those same "bullshit screens and lateral passes" except when we execute them properly we tend to score. I don't think when we fail to score it's because Andy took his foot off the gas, it's actually usually because of a couple of compounding mistakes like a penalty and a dropped pass.
The huge difference though is the offense is usually centered around 3rd and short, and they're fucking good at it.

If one of those screens or laterals blow up or they get no where running the ball on 1st down, they consistently look for a 5-10 yard play.

I'm no game analyzer, so if it's obvious to me, it has to be true. It's highly predicable, but it doesn't matter because once again, they're fucking good at it.

So, you have 2nd and 12, 10 times out of 10 I'm betting it's going to Kelce over the middle... instead it's a dumb screen, 3rd and 9 (or whatever it was).

You can call it Andy going conservative, Andy getting cute, outsmarting himself, whatever.... but, those kinds of 2nd and long plays aren't their norm at all.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:27 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think he does get in a rut of running on 1st down then passing on 2nd/3rd in these late game situations. But to be fair that wasn't the case on that last drive. He threw the ball every first down and the fumble was 2nd and 3.
You are correct about Andy getting in a rut by running on first down and looking for the bail out on 2nd and especially 3rd down. It is that pattern that puts us in situations where we need a score on the last drive. Usually Pat is good for it, but like you I why "volunteer" to be in that situation by corking your offense when you have the opportunity to establish a dominant lead?

I would have worked the ball inside the 20, then kneel a time or two to drain the clock. Running there was a weak call compared to a pass that would have gained a first down. Down management should have been the priority, because you can always covert a first down into melting clock, but you cannot convert melting clock into a first down or an easier FG. It was a bad call.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:27 PM 09-19-2021
It's not that simple.
It actually is. You just have to trust the guy that is carrying the majority of your team.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:31 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Reid isn’t going to learn, he is what he is and we take the bad with the mostly good.
This. We love Andy and with good reason, but once in awhile he’s gonna head scratch his way to a loss. It sucks but it’s who he his. He’s earned some leeway here. You know who hasn’t earned shit? Fucking butter fingers Clyde Edward Scissorhands, that’s who. Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:31 PM 09-19-2021
Butker hit a few game winners outside of the 20 yard line last year infact hes a much better kicker from long distance than he is inside the 10.

The call was 1 play. Baltimore had 0 timeouts an incomplete pass stops the clock. We could have scored with 0 on the clock why help Baltimore out and throw an incomplete pass?
It was an interesting situation.... I'd rather see Mahomes win it and leave time on the clock than try to setup Butker. And nothing against Butker, and I know there would have been an even bigger meltdown if the Ravens figured out a way to drive down the field with no timeouts and score another touchdown..... but, I'll take my chances with Mahomes every single time.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:31 PM 09-19-2021
That is just an anomaly from a small sample size. 99% of kicks that goes in from 40 will go in from 10. Missed kicks for 10 aren't going to magically go in from 40.
[Reply]
-King- 10:34 PM 09-19-2021
But it is. That kind of bass ackwards thinking is what compels a coach to run a predictable dive play into the line that results in a fumble and costs his team the game.

All because he was more worried about running clock (when we were 35-40 yards from the endzone) than he was scoring.
He threw three straight passes on 1st downs before that. If Clyde had done his usual bullshit and got 3 yards and the first down no one would be complaining about Reid. But because he fumbled, he we are.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up