ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When is Andy going to learn?
comochiefsfan 09:54 PM 09-19-2021
To let the Ferrari out of the garage?

I'm SO sick of watching the same game over and over again. This must have happened half a dozen times last season.

We jump out to a nice lead, late in the third, early in the fourth quarter. We have the best QB and offense on the planet. Game is over right?

Wrong.

Andy shuts the fucking offense down by calling bullshit screens, lateral passes to unathletic scrubs and hands the ball off. Our shitty defense is unable to hold the extra stress being put on them and suddenly we have a game again.

Last season Patrick was able to bail Andy out on those late drives by getting us the first down we needed to secure the win. Tonight, he wasn't able to. Not because he threw a pick or turned it over on downs. Nope, he wasn't able to because Andy took the ball out of his hands and someone else fucked it up.

What is it going to take for Andy to allow Patrick to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers so we don't have to bite our nails in these bullshit games anymore?

We have the best player on the planet. The most talented quarterback to ever play the game. Let. Him. Loose.

Andy is a great coach. But he never fucking learns.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:03 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Up 11 with the ball at midfield in late 3rd...and lose. Crazy.
Every game last season went that way. Don't put an opponent away, yet still find a way to win. This game, it didn't happen. They don't blow opponents out because Reid gets conservative and because the defense stinks.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:04 PM 09-19-2021
Gotta tackle better. Clean up turnovers.
[Reply]
tk13 10:04 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
I disagree with this narrative. A lot of our succesful drives also have those same "bullshit screens and lateral passes" except when we execute them properly we tend to score. I don't think when we fail to score it's because Andy took his foot off the gas, it's actually usually because of a couple of compounding mistakes like a penalty and a dropped pass.

If anything, it seems like Mahomes plays with a little less urgency when we are up a couple scores. You can hardly blame Mahomes for that though when he plays with more intensity than anyone and regularly risks his body to extend plays. It's fair if he doesn't want to take a huge hit on 3rd and 20 when we are up 10 points.
I think he does get in a rut of running on 1st down then passing on 2nd/3rd in these late game situations. But to be fair that wasn't the case on that last drive. He threw the ball every first down and the fumble was 2nd and 3.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:04 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I would love to see Mahomes with a coach with a Sean McVay mindset. That dude will sling the rock around when he's up by 40.

I love Andy but this pussy shit has got to stop.
The pussy shit that's gotten them to back to back super bowls? He let him fling the rock behind a flimsy oline in the biggest game. Your logic is emotional and not rational.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 10:06 PM 09-19-2021
Our run game is non-existent. Young line and no options to carry the ball. CEH isn’t an every down back. He’s definitely not the “Swiss army knife” we hoped for. Be better off with D. Williams. Defense needs to start faster. Spags makes adjustments but we’re constantly a step behind early in games. Happy to see Mahomes spread it around tonight. Getting Robinson and Hardman involved gives us a glimpse of the future season. Just wish we compliment him with an actual run game.
[Reply]
-King- 10:07 PM 09-19-2021
The last couple of drives before the fumble ended because of Mahomes making mistakes not because of Reid.

And running on 2nd and 3 when you're already in field goal range and you're trying to burn clock is a normal call. Can't blame Reid on Clyde fumbling there.
[Reply]
Katie 10:08 PM 09-19-2021
I guess if Clyde had been running well all night it might have made sense?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:09 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The last couple of drives before the fumble ended because of Mahomes making mistakes not because of Reid.

And running on 2nd and 3 when you're already in field goal range and you're trying to burn clock is a normal call. Can't blame Reid on Clyde fumbling there.
Two drives stalled in the 4th quarter by running on 1st down. Both times, they lost two yards on first down. I suppose you can blame Mahomes for second and third down, but it doesn't help to lose yards on 1st down.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:10 PM 09-19-2021

3rd down throw to Tyreek was accurate. Ravens dude got away with grabbing Tyreek’s jersey and was able to break up the completion.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I would love to see Mahomes with a coach with a Sean McVay mindset. That dude will sling the rock around when he's up by 40.

I love Andy but this pussy shit has got to stop.
The whole basis of their offense is run the ball and play action passing. I don't know what Rams teams you've been watching.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:12 PM 09-19-2021

It was a 49 yard FG at that point. I’m sure Butker makes it, but they were shredding B’more with the pass. They would have been in the RZ in another minute had they continued passing. My faith is solely with the ball in Pat’s hands at that point. F handing it off. I’d rather have Pat roll out and run it himself if we are I hell bent on running in that situation vs handing it off to CEH in the backfield for a 2 yard loss or no gain.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:18 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Running it wasnt a bad call getting a score leaving no time was the right thinking with how bad our defense is.
We weren't inside the 20. We still had work to do to get into gimme range. But Andy decided it was time to run a play known to be ineffective all night, in a predictable situation. The only motivation was to burn time. If we were inside the 20, you could burn a time by having Mahomes kneel.

We didn't even have to be in that situation to begin with. We had a couple of ineffective drives in the 2nd half that fizzled with first down runs.

On any given drive the priorities are 1) scoring, 2) down and distance management, 3) and clock. The least important thing is clock. When Andy runs on first down, it seems to me he is putting clock first.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:19 PM 09-19-2021
Fat guys are notorious for being slow to change poor behavior.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:19 PM 09-19-2021
Andy was seriously more content to try and win the game on a 50 yard field goal then have Pat take us down for a TD or chip shot.

Why does Andy trust Butker more than Patrick?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
We weren't inside the 20. We still had work to do to get into gimme range. But Andy decided it was time to run a play known to be ineffective all night, in a predictable situation. The only motivation was to burn time. If we were inside the 20, you could burn a time by having Mahomes kneel.

We didn't even have to be in that situation to begin with. We had a couple of ineffective drives in the 2nd half that fizzled with first down runs.

On any given drive the priorities are 1) scoring, 2) down and distance management, 3) and clock. The least important thing is clock. When Andy runs on first down, it seems to me he is putting clock first.
Butker hit a few game winners outside of the 20 yard line last year infact hes a much better kicker from long distance than he is inside the 10.

The call was 1 play. Baltimore had 0 timeouts an incomplete pass stops the clock. We could have scored with 0 on the clock why help Baltimore out and throw an incomplete pass?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up