ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Man what's with the Browns and whining?
Mecca 07:22 PM 09-12-2021
Apparently after the game Myles Garrett said our coach should have gotten ejected because touching another teams player isn't cool.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:11 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It doesn’t even matter what Harrison’s intent was. Lewis saw him stepping on his player, and he simply tried to get Harrison off to protect him. He wasn’t trying to start something. He wasn’t being overly aggressive.

Anybody saying that deserves anything more than a penalty doesn’t have a fucking clue what they’re talking about.
I would have been alright with off-setting penalties, but if both had been removed from the game, I probably would have been alright with that too.

And if the officials would have stepped in and just had everyone calm down, and no flag was thrown, I would have been alright with that too.

It is opening weekend, early in the game, and the officials should have been aware that KC eliminated Cleveland in the playoffs last year, and should have been expecting emotions to be running high.

I am sure Cleveland fans believe that losing their starting safety ended up costing them the game, and maybe it did. But, maybe it didn't. We were missing our starting safety, starting defensive end, and had 3 of our starting offensive linemen playing in their first NFL game.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
VAChief 04:35 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I would have been alright with off-setting penalties, but if both had been removed from the game, I probably would have been alright with that too.

And if the officials would have stepped in and just had everyone calm down, and no flag was thrown, I would have been alright with that too.

It is opening weekend, early in the game, and the officials should have been aware that KC eliminated Cleveland in the playoffs last year, and should have been expecting emotions to be running high.

I am sure Cleveland fans believe that losing their starting safety ended up costing them the game, and maybe it did. But, maybe it didn't. We were missing our starting safety, starting defensive end, and had 3 of our starting offensive linemen playing in their first NFL game.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
You missed our starting LB too. We had 3 frontline defensive starters missing.
[Reply]
srvy 04:43 AM 09-13-2021
It sure sucks not to have Patrick Mahomes as your QB. The ass Staines will whine a lot with Baker at the helm over the years.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:59 AM 09-13-2021
No, Lewis should not have been ejected.

Does every shove earn a player (or coach) an ejection? Of course not. It happens all the time on the field. But a player shoving a coach with force is different.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:03 AM 09-13-2021
It doesn't mater what anyone thinks. There are RULES in life.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:13 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
It doesn't mater what anyone thinks. There are RULES in life.
Yes. Coaches should never shove players, by the rules. Players should never shove coaches by the rules.

Player was properly ejected. Coach should have been as well.

Chiefs player bumped into Harrison causing him to step back onto CEH. The coach had zero cause to shove him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:32 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yes. Coaches should never shove players, by the rules. Players should never shove coaches by the rules.

Player was properly ejected. Coach should have been as well.

Chiefs player bumped into Harrison causing him to step back onto CEH. The coach had zero cause to shove him.
Lewis was trying to separate him. Regardless of if the step on CEH was intentional or not he just wanted Harrison off his player. There was obviously no malicious intent. He wasn't even looking at him and was shocked when Harrison retaliated. Wasn't even talking to Harrison.

Coaches separate players all the time.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:55 AM 09-13-2021
"Hopefully" Chris Jones can plug that Cabot woman's mouth. I doubt it
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:06 AM 09-13-2021
I would have been ok with them both staying on the field or them both being gone. I don't care either way. New York came through though.
[Reply]
eDave 07:35 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
/r/watchpeopledieinside
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:32 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Lewis was trying to separate him. Regardless of if the step on CEH was intentional or not he just wanted Harrison off his player. There was obviously no malicious intent. He wasn't even looking at him and was shocked when Harrison retaliated. Wasn't even talking to Harrison.

Coaches separate players all the time.
Coaches don't blatantly shove players all the time. Not sure I've ever seen a coach shove a player in that manner, then jaw at them after.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 09-13-2021
They are just like Chiefs fans used to be, wondering what they were ever going to have to do to be the patriots. The simple fact is they’re just not as good, but the mind seeks to rationalize
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Coaches don't blatantly shove players all the time. Not sure I've ever seen a coach shove a player in that manner, then jaw at them after.
The actions of that coach were also way out of line, for sure. He should be fined by the team or suspended probably.
[Reply]
jettio 09:37 AM 09-13-2021
It was Clyde's fault for defeating the one on one tackle of the other Browns player and making the first down.

That wounded the Browns pride so Harrison had to try to mess with Clyde while unpiling.

Part of the reason the Chiefs players went to help Clyde up was the way Harrison finished off the tackle.

Calling a penalty on Lewis was okay. Harrison's open handed punch to Lewis was not proportional and he deserved to be ejected.

Vinovich should have had some fun with it and said Harrison was being ejected for his hair dye job.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:49 AM 09-13-2021
I know Chiefs fans want to think that his stepping on Clyde was intentional, but it did not look intentional at all. It looked like his foot barely made contact with him, and guys inadvertently step on each other all the time when that sort of situation is going on. The coach is the one who started it. I don’t think there’s any other way to view it.

Yes the Cleveland player should be ejected and penalized for what he did, but you can’t really say that the coach is innocent or didn’t cause the situation to occur.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up