ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Man what's with the Browns and whining?
Mecca 07:22 PM 09-12-2021
Apparently after the game Myles Garrett said our coach should have gotten ejected because touching another teams player isn't cool.
[Reply]
eDave 10:28 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
With a subjective situation, it has some relevance.
You know as well as I do that there are a lot more dumbasses out there than we all thought. I also know there are a ton of Chiefs haters. A ton.

It's all spilt milk at this point and Cleveland is crying about it.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:30 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
You know as well as I do that there are a lot more dumbasses out there than we all thought.

It's all spilt milk at this point and Cleveland is crying about it.
This I agree with 100 percent. Even if Lewis was ejected, it would not changed the game.

I also like the expression “Think about how dumb the average person is, then remember that half the people you come across are dumber than that”.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:32 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
You absolutely know when you're stepping on a person. Just as you know when you step on a dog or cat or person in a crowd. The first reaction is to take the weight off and get off. That turd Harrison Jr knew exactly what he was doing.
^this^ He knew what he was doing...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:32 PM 09-13-2021
He unintentionally did bait him. It sets a little bit of a precedent to how the league responds to coaches putting their hands on players

He pushed a player, that player retaliated and got ejected.

Believe me, there are tons of neutral fans that feel the same way about this.
Because the browns media and jc tretter are controlling the narrative. And frankly, chiefs fans are focusing way too much on the stepping which I don't think was intentional.

Most of the people complaining don't even realize that Greg Lewis WAS penalized. The penalties offset. So what are people complaining about?
[Reply]
eDave 10:35 PM 09-13-2021
This I agree with 100 percent. Even if Lewis was ejected, it would not changed the game.

I also like the expression “Think about how dumb the average person is, then remember that half the people you come across are dumber than that”.
To round this out, I don't think there are neutral fans here. The Chiefs hate by opposing fans is large and vocal.

I'd have been fine with Lewis being ejected and I wouldn't be complaining about it today like these guys are.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:37 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Dude, there were two other chiefs staffers with him trying to help CEH up. Lewis was one of them. He didn't go over there to pick a fight. I don't think Harrison intentionally stepped on CEH. But his foot was on him and Lewis saw that and shoved him off.

Lewis didn't even look at Harrison after that. And was stunned when he got pushed back. Because his attention immediately went to checking on CEH. How is this any different from restraining an opponent on your sideline or boxing him out to protect your player except in this case maybe he shoved a little too hard?

If you want to follow letter of the law and call a penalty on Lewis, fine. And that's what happened. But my God how in the world is anyone else making this to be remotely malicious? Let alone some people acting like this was some kind of assault.
Exactly. This is Harrison and the Browns having zero accountability for their collective lack of composure.

Isn't this from the same group of assholes who said Rudolph from Pittsburgh "n-worded" at Myles Garrett, so Garrett ripped the dude's helmet off and attacked him with it, then it turned out that Garrett and his teammates lied and that Rudolph never said it and that Garrett and the Browns are a bunch of lying assholes with zero accountability for their lack of composure?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:39 PM 09-13-2021
If you look at the comments on the play, I don't think 90% of the people realize the penalties offset. That would probably change lots of people's opinions from outrage to "who gives a **** if an assistant coach is ejected"
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:39 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

I'd have been fine with Lewis being ejected and I wouldn't be complaining about it today like these guys are.
Because it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference in the outcome of the fucking game!

And maybe them losing their safety made a difference for them, but we were missing a safety too, so fuck 'em.
[Reply]
eDave 10:41 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Because it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference in the outcome of the fucking game!

And maybe them losing their safety made a difference for them, but we were missing a safety too, so fuck 'em.
Had they won, this wouldn't be an issue at all. They need to give Baker a blanket party then tape him to the goal post is what they need to do.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:41 PM 09-13-2021
No idea how people can see the two actions as the same. Not nearly the same force or intent involved. What happened in the game is exactly what should happened. You get ejected for punching not pushing. Open hand or not the guy punched a coach.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:42 PM 09-13-2021
Fuck the Clowns and Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
eDave 10:42 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
No idea how people can see the two actions as the same. Not nearly the same force or intent involved. What happened in the game is exactly what should happened. You get ejected for punching not pushing. Open hand or not the guy punched a coach.
The retaliation will always get you the flag.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:45 PM 09-13-2021
Kevin Stefanski may be a good coach and helps the Brownies win more but he apparently doesn’t know how to control the locker room and lets his players bitch, cry, point fingers, make excuses, etc. This is creating a culture on your team that makes you feel justified in your actions if you feel you’ve been ‘wronged’ (see Myles Garrett, Harrison, etc.) with no accountability.

So glad we have Andy Reid and don’t have to put up with clown nonsense like this on our team.

You lost. Get over it. The RB coach being ejected (which would have been wrong) would not have changed the outcome of the game.
[Reply]
jettio 10:57 PM 09-13-2021
So my opinion isn’t a minority radical one?

You all are acting like it’s preposterous to view the event the way I do.
Your problem is that you are not looking at the entire sequence. Harrison was trying to intimidate Clyde and he was pissed that Clyde juked him and defeated his first attempt at the tackle.

Do you think it is okay for Harrison to intentionally put his ass and nutsack in Clyde's face when getting off the pile instead of rolling off the man and getting up like a non-asshole football player?

The penalty on Lewis was acceptable, but anything else would be bullshit, because Harrison did a lot of after the tackle intimidation bullshit before his foot ended up on Clyde's midsection.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:05 PM 09-13-2021
If it was a chiefs player stepping onto our player unintentionally, would he have reacted the same way?
Possibly. Would the chiefs player then be in the right to aggressively push his coach and you would defend his ejection?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up