ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
According to Wink he "Has All-Pro talent..."

Typical "he'd be starting for any other team in the league...next man up" kind of coach-speak, I'm sure.

Like I said - they might just be screwed. They're in week 2 and probably facing a legitimate must-win game.

That's not a great position to find yourself in while being as shorthanded as they are and still trying to find a new way forward defensively.
Not to mention that they’re playing a team in week 2 that is 1) one of the very best in the league and 2) has their number. The Chiefs coming in is about the worst possible scenario for them right now.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:18 AM 09-14-2021
Ravens struggled with Waller. Do we have anyone like that?
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:21 AM 09-14-2021
Weird. I made a post that was duplicated, and then when I deleted the dupe it deleted both.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not to mention that they’re playing a team in week 2 that is 1) one of the very best in the league and 2) has their number. The Chiefs coming in is about the worst possible scenario for them right now.
To an extent.

But also, there's something to be said for 'finding the biggest guy in the bar and kicking his ass' so to speak.

Let's say they go beat the Jets next weekend - that won't mean anything. It won't provide much of a salve.

If they can win against KC at home in front of what will surely be an insane crowd, they have life. Sure, they're short stacked and pushing their chips in hoping for an inside straight on the river - but it's better than just folding pre-flop and slowly being blinded into oblivion.

They need to do something to get themselves back in the fray and beating a shit team won't do much there. So KC may actually be a benefit for them IF they can take advantage of it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Weird. I made a post that was duplicated, and then when I deleted the dupe it deleted both.
I had a post that ended up in the wrong thread somehow.
[Reply]
scho63 10:22 AM 09-14-2021
If we can keep Lamar from beating us with his feet, we win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
To an extent.

But also, there's something to be said for 'finding the biggest guy in the bar and kicking his ass' so to speak.

Let's say they go beat the Jets next weekend - that won't mean anything. It won't provide much of a salve.

If they can win against KC at home in front of what will surely be an insane crowd, they have life. Sure, they're short stacked and pushing their chips in hoping for an inside straight on the river - but it's better than just folding pre-flop and slowly being blinded into oblivion.

They need to do something to get themselves back in the fray and beating a shit team won't do much there. So KC may actually be a benefit for them IF they can take advantage of it.
For sure. I just don’t think the Ravens have it in them. Too many injuries for starters.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
If we can keep Lamar from beating us with his feet, we win.
That’s just the thing. Last night it was the RAVENS who bottled up Lamar more so than the Raiders defense. If they call their offense like they did last night, they’re just minimizing the impact Jackson can have improvising.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:27 AM 09-14-2021
Anyway, the only thing left to see is whether Harbaugh will give up on Lamar, or Lamar will get him fired
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:28 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Was the comma supposed to come between **** and azz? Or between azz and fumbles? What is an azz fumble? What is an azz? Why censor azz and not ****? Why are our children looking up to you? So many questions about three words.
No comma. Have you really never heard/read someone say "fuck ass ____" before?
[Reply]
scho63 10:29 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That’s just the thing. Last night it was the RAVENS who bottled up Lamar more so than the Raiders defense. If they call their offense like they did last night, they’re just minimizing the impact Jackson can have improvising.
The Raiders D is faster and better than ours.

That's why they kept him bottled up. Not sure we have that ability. Clark and Matthieu very needed this game for sure.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Anyway, the only thing left to see is whether Harbaugh will give up on Lamar, or Lamar will get him fired
Replace a starting QB that has won almost 80% of his games with who?

What's your big idea?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
The Raiders D is faster and better than ours.

That's why they kept him bottled up. Not sure we have that ability. Clark and Matthieu very need this game for sure.
Maxx Crosby had a field day because the Ravens didn’t make him chase Lamar all game. Watch it again. The Raiders defense feasted on a game plan that layer right into their strengths.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:32 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Replace a starting QB that has won almost 80% of his games with who?

What's your big idea?
And that’s the thing. If they replace Lamar and his replacement busts, that might get the FO fired.

If they keep Lamar and keep making the playoffs, their jobs are safe.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:32 AM 09-14-2021
It's cliche at this point... teams like the Ravens who rely on blitzing to generate pressure are going to get destroyed by Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up