Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
oldman 09:42 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The only positions I think are really up for play are RG and RT.
I agree and there's only 2 questions that will remain. First, what will LDT be like after a year off? The 2nd question would be is Niang ready to be the RT?

Let's look at the RT slot today. Most of us have Niang filling that hole today. But if he's not ready for Sunday, that will force us to either move Long over there or use --- well, I'd just rather not go there. If LDT isn't ready and we have to use Long as a RT, then we have a hole at RG again.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:43 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree and there's only 2 questions that will remain. First, what will LDT be like after a year off? The 2nd question would be is Niang ready to be the RT?

Let's look at the RT slot today. Most of us have Niang filling that hole today. But if he's not ready for Sunday, that will force us to either move Long over there or use --- well, I'd just rather not go there. If LDT isn't ready and we have to use Long as a RT, then we have a hole at RG again.
Remmers, brah.

We have options at every position except LT and LG.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:

Rather not go where? Remmers would be the RT. The position he played most of the year and did just fine at.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 AM 05-02-2021
In that hypothetical Niang plays RG.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 10:02 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
In that hypothetical Niang plays RG.
I would think we'd put Blythe at RG, or bump Humphrey to RG and Blythe at C.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:49 PM 05-02-2021
Best pick: Perhaps the last hole on the Chiefs’ offensive line entering the draft was at center. But the Chiefs filled that role by selecting Humphrey, a consistent prospect from Oklahoma who has the opportunity to beat center Austin Blythe, a six-year veteran, in training camp to be the Chiefs’ starter.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 302 pounds, Humphrey was the second-ranked center in the draft class, according to Dane Brugler, The Athletic’s NFL Draft analyst. In 37 starts as Oklahoma’s center, Humphrey didn’t allow a sack and he gave up just two quarterback hits, according to Pro Football Focus. Humphrey earned the Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year honor as both a sophomore and junior. The bonus for the Chiefs is that Humphrey’s transition to the league will be assisted by left tackle Orlando Brown Jr., his former college teammate.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:56 PM 05-02-2021
Jason Kersey on what the Chiefs are getting: Humphrey plays with outstanding strength and smarts, which allows him to out-physical his opponent, as his wrestling background and mentality translate to the field. He doesn’t always show the power to be a people-mover in the run game, but he finds a way to get the job done and tested above average in every category at his pro day. Overall, he projects as an NFL starting center with guard potential.

Dane Brugler’s analysis: My top-ranked center, Humphrey announced himself as a future early-round draft pick as a redshirt freshman at Oklahoma. A former high school wrestler, he has outstanding balance, toughness and smarts and showed his versatility to play center and guard. Think the Chiefs were affected by the lack of offensive line depth in the Super Bowl?

Sheil Kapadia’s grade: B+. In 37 starts at center, Humphrey didn’t allow a sack and gave up just two quarterback hits, according to Pro Football Focus. Durable and tough, Humphrey is one of the top center prospects in this class and could have the versatility to play guard. The theme of the Chiefs’ offseason has been rebuilding their offensive line and adding depth. Adding Humphrey here makes sense.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:20 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Rather not go where? Remmers would be the RT. The position he played most of the year and did just fine at.
Didn’t mean to downvote!
[Reply]
cripple creek 06:32 PM 05-02-2021
any chance he likes Apollo as a nickname? Zeus and Apollo on the same o line unstoppable!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:22 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
any chance he likes Apollo as a nickname? Zeus and Apollo on the same o line unstoppable!
Though mine is Awesome-O

Another is Assassin
[Reply]
Dante84 09:33 AM 05-06-2021

Chiefs Building the Mahomes WALL! Creed Humphrey Film Room- I get really excited watching offensive line film and Creed is an Excellent example of that. Come on over to RGR and check it out!

https://t.co/7suj9mIE9d

— Daniel Harms (@D_Harms19) May 6, 2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:01 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
That guy tweeting looks like i should punch him in the face.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:33 AM 05-07-2021
Can Creed Take Us Higher?

I'll show myself to the door...
[Reply]
dmahurin 09:27 AM 05-07-2021
I'll hold the door for you on your way out..... With arms wide open

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Can Creed Take Us Higher?

I'll show myself to the door...

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:30 AM 05-07-2021