ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 192
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:02 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
CBS reports ...Chiefs acquire offensive tackle Orlando Brown from Ravens for reported 4 picks, including 2021 first-rounder

Yep, Chiefs screwed up there haha

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:19 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Absolutely! I agree, however.....Center can be grabbed next year.

Get 2 play makers with the 2 2nds: get a WR, Edge and or CB. With the later picks grab a few linebackers, and a development tackle for the future, can’t ever have enough of those...replace Remmers next year!

The Iowa Hawkeye center would be nice.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I get that, but what the Super Bowl showed us was that versatility is a premium for OL. If we had anyone that could have stepped in to play LT once Fisher tore his Achilles, we would have had a chance to win another Super Bowl. We would arguably be in the same boat if Brown were to get hurt. With a guy like Radunz on the roster, he could play IOL and kick out to tackle if needed.
Then go get a OT that you trust to be in there and let him play and practice at OT. I’m not drafting a rookie OT, asking him to learn C and then throwing him at LT if Brown goes down.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:26 PM 04-24-2021
If a tackle prospect falls to us that we can’t pass up, then go for it. I don’t see why we would specifically target tackle depth though.

Brown, Thuney, Long, Niang, and Remmers can all play tackle. It would take a lot before Remmers and Wylie are your starting tackles. It would take a scenario that it would honestly be irresponsible to prepare for, because of the investment it would take.

Even Niang and Remmers starting at left and right would be better than what we trotted onto the field for the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:19 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you want a center then draft a center. There are plenty in this draft.

Give me David Moore. He took center snaps at the Senior Bowl and was stoning dudes.
Yeah this guy would be awesome! We have plenty of versatile O lineman. Get a real center.

Where do you think Moore could be had? Hopefully 4/5?
[Reply]
poolboy 04:24 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I was being facetious... we killed that trade
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:32 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ya'll see the cap hits this year for our brand new OL :-)

LT Brown - $3.6 MM
LG Thuney - $4.5 MM
C Blythe - $990K
RG Tardif - $4.75 MM
RT Niang - $871K
That's freaking crazy. :-)
[Reply]
GoForIt 04:32 PM 04-24-2021
Seems like an over reaction to the SB. The draft is deep at Oline. Could have drafted one at 31.
[Reply]
In58men 04:37 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Seems like an over reaction to the SB. The draft is deep at Oline. Could have drafted one at 31.
This won’t end well for you.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:44 PM 04-24-2021
A rookie LT compared to a 24 year old, two time Pro Bowl selection? :-)
[Reply]
eDave 04:46 PM 04-24-2021
Who's this dumbfuck?
[Reply]
Delano 04:47 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If a tackle prospect falls to us that we can’t pass up, then go for it. I don’t see why we would specifically target tackle depth though.

Brown, Thuney, Long, Niang, and Remmers can all play tackle. It would take a lot before Remmers and Wylie are your starting tackles. It would take a scenario that it would honestly be irresponsible to prepare for, because of the investment it would take.

Even Niang and Remmers starting at left and right would be better than what we trotted onto the field for the Super Bowl.
Yeah well that scenario played out last year and some of the mongoloids here faulted the front office and coaching staff for it.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 04:53 PM 04-24-2021
Is LDT coming back? If so we can concentrate on CB, TE and DE. I think we can address these needs with 2nds and a 4th round pick
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:58 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
Yeah well that scenario played out last year and some of the mongoloids here faulted the front office and coaching staff for it.
Even if that same scenario plays out (which is unlikely), we already have better depth than last year and the draft hasn’t even happened yet.

There are very few (if any) teams that can survive that in a given year.
[Reply]
prhom 05:02 PM 04-24-2021
I’m not sure anything Veach could have done would have been an overreaction after that shit show. Getting embarrassed in the playoffs and doing nothing about it is how the Chiefs used to handle things. I think it’s one reason so many of us fans love how Veach and Hunt are running things now.

Alex Smith can’t make it over the hump? Draft a stud QB (yes, I know Dorsey was still GM). Sutton fields an embarrassment of a defense? Go get a real D coordinator. Berry and Houston can’t get their shit together and Dee Ford doesn’t know the rules of football? Go get Mathieu and Clark. The offensive line is horrible all year and then gets decimated by injury before the only game that mattered? Completely rebuild it without destroying the cap or having to wait to see if a draft pick (or picks) needs three years to be average.

The time for this team to rack up SB wins is now. With Mahomes we will always have a shot, but why wait to rebuild the OL through the draft when Kelce and Hill will be on the decline or gone by the time we get that all done in three years?

Nah, what Veach just completed is pretty amazing on paper. Still gotta see these guys play, but the way it ended up is far better than what any of us could have thought possible.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 192
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up