ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 192
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:09 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just realized the Chiefs probably still would’ve made this move if they got Hudson.

Brown, Thuney, Hudson, Long, Niang

Good god.
I also think Blythe will be a pleasant surprise...
[Reply]
Delano 11:18 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:

Those that were clamoring for Kilgore to get more run last year will LOVE Blythe.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:19 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Maybe it will be Tampa’s turn to have the injury problems KC did last year. I would love to see Brady stuck behind a trash OL due to injuries wiping out all the starters.
Yup. Brady isn't scrambling almost 500 yds behind the LOS in one season, let alone one game. Put Brady behind our SB o-line and the Chiefs D would have looked like the 85 Bears.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:20 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Legit depth for sure. My next door neighbor who is a die hard Rams fan with great "football eyes" was pissed when we signed him.:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:21 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just realized the Chiefs probably still would’ve made this move if they got Hudson.

Brown, Thuney, Hudson, Long, Niang

Good god.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Long is going to be a big X-Factor here.

If he is back to Pro Bowl form the Chiefs line goes from really good to ****ing amazing.
1) Wouldn’t shock me to see us take a C in round 2 and create a dream OL if it was BPA.

2) I think per dollar value, Long may turn out to be the best value deal we made this offseason. I’m very excited to see him play. I have zero doubts he’s going to beat out LDT if that’s some sort of competition.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:43 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
1) Wouldn’t shock me to see us take a C in round 2 and create a dream OL if it was BPA.

2) I think per dollar value, Long may turn out to be the best value deal we made this offseason. I’m very excited to see him play. I have zero doubts he’s going to beat out LDT if that’s some sort of competition.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...for-the-chiefs

Dillon Radunz could be the next Mitch Morse for the Chiefs

The Kansas City Chiefs have a bold move to secure their left tackle for the 2021 season, surrendering their first pick in the draft and moving back into the second round — pick 58. The only concern remaining up front is the center position — which has a solution in Austin Blythe but could be easily upgraded.

An FCS offensive tackle could be just the guy for the job.

Dillon Radunz, offensive line

6’6” | 301 lbs | North Dakota State
Becker, MN
Expected draft range: Day two

One-sentence bio: Senior Bowl participant and FCS national champion who started for the Bison for three seasons at left tackle.

One-sentence scouting report: Athletic, flexible offensive lineman with good movement skills, promise as a pass protector and dominant tape in the run game.

One clip:

Dillon Radunz OT #75

++ Hip unlock to pull either direction
+ Patient in pass pro
+ Foot speed to mirror
++ Explodes off ball low
+ Rolls hips into contact
+ Creates SPACE on down blocks

- Tries to "catch" every rusher
- Inconsistent kick slide depth

Senior Bowl Top 250 �� pic.twitter.com/eGMh5pQnkq

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) August 24, 2020

How he fits in Kansas City: Radunz is one of a long list of prospects in this class who put out quality tape at tackle but doesn’t fit the arm length thresholds a lot of teams have. He might be yet another player who will be largely considered an interior offensive lineman with his 33 1/4” arms. Radunz played along the interior at the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl and looked excellent. Some believe his best position in the NFL will be center.

There are parallels to former Chiefs center Mitch Morse — an athletic former tackle that found a home in the middle of the offensive line. Radunz has the movement skills Morse did coming out of Missouri. Perhaps the Chiefs will see the same as well. Radunz is a smart, experienced prospect that comes from a winning program. He more than held his own at the Senior Bowl — getting better as the week progressed against the best talent he’d seen to that point in his career.

Radunz would be dropped into a perfect situation for him along the interior of the offensive line. He would have two quality, experienced, veteran guards to both his sides in Joe Thuney and one of Laurent Duvernay-Tardif or Kyle Long. That’s a great group to learn from and work with getting up to speed and on the same page. The Chiefs’ overhaul of the offensive line would be complete with Radunz — turning a pain point on the team last year into one of the strengths.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 AM 04-24-2021
Ya'll see the cap hits this year for our brand new OL :-)

LT Brown - $3.6 MM
LG Thuney - $4.5 MM
C Blythe - $990K
RG Tardif - $4.75 MM
RT Niang - $871K
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:54 AM 04-24-2021
Replace Larry with Kyle, please
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:58 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:

The Kansas City Chiefs have a bold move to secure their left tackle for the 2021 season, surrendering their first pick in the draft and moving back into the second round — pick 58. The only concern remaining up front is the center position — which has a solution in Austin Blythe but could be easily upgraded.

Becker, MN

One-sentence bio: Senior Bowl participant and FCS national champion who started for the Bison for three seasons at left tackle.

One-sentence scouting report: Athletic, flexible offensive lineman with good movement skills, promise as a pass protector and dominant tape in the run game.

One clip:

How he fits in Kansas City: Radunz is one of a long list of prospects in this class who put out quality tape at tackle but doesn’t fit the arm length thresholds a lot of teams have. He might be yet another player who will be largely considered an interior offensive lineman with his 33 1/4” arms. Radunz played along the interior at the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl and looked excellent. Some believe his best position in the NFL will be center.

There are parallels to former Chiefs center Mitch Morse — an athletic former tackle that found a home in the middle of the offensive line. Radunz has the movement skills Morse did coming out of Missouri. Perhaps the Chiefs will see the same as well. Radunz is a smart, experienced prospect that comes from a winning program. He more than held his own at the Senior Bowl — getting better as the week progressed against the best talent he’d seen to that point in his career.

Radunz would be dropped into a perfect situation for him along the interior of the offensive line. He would have two quality, experienced, veteran guards to both his sides in Joe Thuney and one of Laurent Duvernay-Tardif or Kyle Long. That’s a great group to learn from and work with getting up to speed and on the same page. The Chiefs’ overhaul of the offensive line would be complete with Radunz — turning a pain point on the team last year into one of the strengths.
I love Radunz, but he has never repped as a center. Easier said than done. He did a round of interviews after his pro day and did talk about his versatility, but he even doubted that he would ever be considered a center.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:59 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:

Becker, MN

One clip:

I’m a huge Radunz fan.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:02 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
That guy is hilarious. Too bad he represents the damn Broncos
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 04-24-2021
I had no idea that Radunz was taking reps at C in Mobile.

Mitch Morse never played C in college either but we still took him. Speaking of, Radunz isn’t as strong as Morse but holy shit is he athletic and long.

That guy ran a 7.27 3 cone. That’s absolutely insane for an OL . That’s a faster 3 cone than DK Metcalf :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 12:21 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ya'll see the cap hits this year for our brand new OL :-)

LT Brown - $3.6 MM
LG Thuney - $4.5 MM
C Blythe - $990K
RG Tardif - $4.75 MM
RT Niang - $871K
I hadn't seen it yet, but I was thinking it had to be insanely low.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:22 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I love Radunz, but he has never repped as a center. Easier said than done. He did a round of interviews after his pro day and did talk about his versatility, but he even doubted that he would ever be considered a center.
Good points. Lots of random draft fodder out there. Not much else to talk about I guess. Other than King Veach expanding Chiefs' Kingdom. :-) Would love to see it if it works.
[Reply]
Wallymo 12:33 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
Long-term this is a better move than getting Trent Williams. I commend Veach and company for landing a quality player and not having to give up too much. The Chiefs just got better with this move.
Exactly. Williams, given both his injury history and age, was a very big risk.

We get Brown cheap this year and, if franchised next, still only amounts to $10M/year for two seasons. If he's great, we find a way to make it work on an extension. If he's only average, we still get a two year stopgap at a premium position for market dollars (or below) and it only cost the equivalent of a second round pick. It's a no-lose situation.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 192
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up