ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 192
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:11 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
In spite of going against an elite DE like Garrett, refreshing to hear our new LT say he knows he needs to be better and do a better job. And that he WANTS to be better and is willing to work on things with Pat and others to get everyone on the same page.

All things considered, I think the O-Line (5 brand new starters who have never played together before, aside from a few series in the pre-season) played pretty damn well against Cleveland.
The Locked on Ravens guy said that Brown would typically start slow the first few games of the year. That gave me some hope.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The Locked on Ravens guy said that Brown would typically start slow the first few games of the year. That gave me some hope.
Probably takes a little time for a guy who's not exactly a natural athlete to get his internal clock set to the speed of live action.

He's not gonna kick out as fast as Myles Garrett can run in a straight line, so anticipation is going to be critical for him. And that sort of thing is just gonna need some rust knocked off.

I'm a little surprised we didn't see more bully ball his direction, but game script might have had something to do with that. Seems like letting him go out there and pound on some dudes might have gotten him going.

Eh - set your expectations at a reasonable level and you won't be disappointed. He's not likely to be an all pro - he just has some athletic limitations that will probably prevent that. But he can be a good, solid player at a tough position to fill.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:49 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Trent Williams. PFFs top rated tackle week 1

I’d be the top rated tackle too if I got to play against the Detroit Lions
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:48 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Young might end up a tougher test, but only because Washington is a road game.

But on a neutral site, there's nobody more dangerous than Myles Garrett and I think we've somehow overlooked that. Garrett is a MFing stud.
After he hit that guy with a helmet, I was hoping the Chiefs might be able to sneak in and low-ball them to take him off their hands He's an absolute beast.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:16 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mahomes looked exhausted. Not really sure why, but it's the only time I've thought his energy level really waned.

It's hard to win consecutive SBs. It's hard to go to 3 consecutive conference championship games. I even worry that we'll see it again this season with 17 games and another post-season run.

The fatigue has to set in, especially when you carry the weight of a franchise, city and in many ways entire league on your shoulders the way Mahomes does.
I think his foot was a much gnarlier injury than he let on, couple that with his concussion, and he was just not at all in a place for a game where he needed to carry the team by extending every single offensive play with his legs. The short game we played against Buffalo made me hope we could adjust enough against Tampa, but wooooof, almost every play was like Murphy's law turned up to an 11.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:25 AM 09-22-2021
Crickets this week.

Dude was invisible last Sunday, in a good way.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:28 AM 09-22-2021
Really only noticed Creed and Thuney fucking up once a piece.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:30 AM 09-22-2021
The entire line was pretty good considering the level of competition. One bad fuck up when it mattered most compounded by clyde.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:47 AM 09-22-2021
I didn't notice him like Detox said so thats a step in the right direction
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:04 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The entire line was pretty good considering the level of competition. One bad fuck up when it mattered most compounded by clyde.
The Ravens front 7 really isn't all that great lately. They can't generate much pressure without blitzing.

That said, Orlando looked pretty good against them. Humphrey was absolute ass.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:06 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Really only noticed Creed and Thuney ****ing up once a piece.
Creed f'd up 2 or 3 times.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:41 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Crickets this week.

It's almost like players need to settle in to new environments. Can't have that on week to week planet.

"OH noes we lost!!!!!"
[Reply]
-King- 05:20 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Crickets this week.

Yep. Was great both run blocking and pass protection.
[Reply]
-King- 05:21 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's almost like players need to settle in to new environments. Can't have that on week to week planet.

"OH noes we lost!!!!!"
Yeah I think we should shut down the site until after the Superbowl. How dare people discuss shit after games!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:27 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I think we should shut down the site until after the Superbowl. How dare people discuss shit after games!
Hm yeah it's really thoughtful to declare busts and shitty coaches and missing da playoffs at losing a close one on the road against a playoff team after 2 of 17 games.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 192
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Up