ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 192
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Couldn't disagree more. Not having an extension agreed to before the trade is finalized is fucking ridiculous. If there's any doubt that he isn't the long term answer at LT, don't make the fucking trade to begin with. It's even worse if Garofolo is actually correct and the Chiefs don't plan to open talks to extend him until after this year. That's how you end up completely resetting the market for a position.
There is absolutely no reason to hand him an extension at this point in time.

He wanted to play Left Tackle and now, he's the starting Left Tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He's under contract for two more seasons, so there's more than enough time for them to talk extension.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:47 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Having 2 second rounders will not only be awesome but allows Veach to trade back and pickup an extra 3rd or 4th that was just traded away.

I'd rather see him take two guys in the second but options are nice.
in my opinion, we've already won draft day.....but yes, the options and possibilities are fantastic
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:48 PM 04-23-2021

He wanted to play Left Tackle and now, he's the starting Left Tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He's under contract for two more seasons, so there's more than enough time for them to talk extension.

Sporttac says this is his final year.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:48 PM 04-23-2021
Couldn't disagree more. Not having an extension agreed to before the trade is finalized is ****ing ridiculous. If there's any doubt that he isn't the long term answer at LT, don't make the ****ing trade to begin with. It's even worse if Garofolo is actually correct and the Chiefs don't plan to open talks to extend him until after this year. That's how you end up completely resetting the market for a position.
Veach has proven he's not stupid. The extension will happen soon.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 04-23-2021
Couldn't disagree more. Not having an extension agreed to before the trade is finalized is fucking ridiculous. If there's any doubt that he isn't the long term answer at LT, don't make the fucking trade to begin with. It's even worse if Garofolo is actually correct and the Chiefs don't plan to open talks to extend him until after this year. That's how you end up completely resetting the market for a position.
Look at this whiny bitch :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:48 PM 04-23-2021

Are you factoring in a franchise tag? Because he's an UFA after this season.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:49 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm excited because he is a quality player and this is a nice deal (makes the Tunsil deal look like clownshoes). But I won't lie that I cant be over the moon yet. We aren't batting 100 on free agents under Veach. This has to be a better bet though than whatever tackle fell to us in the 1st.
Yep, it’s an absolute steal compared to the Tunsil trade
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:50 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Brown - Thuney - Blythe - Long - Niang

Remmers, LDT, Gretti, and Wylie ready to go.

That’s nice. Remmers obviously may start and that’s cool too, just hoping it’s Niang for his development.
I think Long wins the RT job. Niang will be primary swing tackle and Remmers will be the top interior back up.

I think i said this already this morning in another thread. My prediction:

Brown/Thuney/Blythe/LDT/Long

Niang/Remmers/Long offer great versatility and you can slide them in wherever you need as all 3 can play RT/G.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 04-23-2021

Kansas City is prepared to franchise tag Orlando Brown, knowing he'll likely play out the final year of his rookie deal, per source. No way they give up this much capital for a one-and-done. Tag allows time for negotiation.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:51 PM 04-23-2021
i'm surprised that any of you are surprised about this move. i told the same friend after alex smith was benched for kap that he would end up in KC, right when word came out he wanted to play LT he could very well end up a chief (after the fisher injury of course) :-)
[Reply]
TEX 01:52 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You're ours ZEUS Jr., until we say otherwise!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:52 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

$14M tag price ain’t cheap obv.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:53 PM 04-23-2021
this crow tastes delicious with a little Zim's sauce on it.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:53 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Long wins the RT job. Niang will be primary swing tackle and Remmers will be the top interior back up.

I think i said this already this morning in another thread. My prediction:

Brown/Thuney/Blythe/LDT/Long

Niang/Remmers/Long offer great versatility and you can slide them in wherever you need as all 3 can play RT/G.
You're probably right, but I'd like to see Long at RG and Niang at RT. LDT isn't a given to win the starting job.
[Reply]
TEX 01:54 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i'm surprised that any of you are surprised about this move. i told the same friend after alex smith was benched for kap that he would end up in KC, right when word came out he wanted to play LT he could very well end up a chief :-)
I'm not surprised by the move, as it was clearly the best one remaining, maybe even overall. I AM surprised that the Rat Birds traded him to us for hardly anything and we got an extra #2 THIS year.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 192
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up