ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 32
« First < 192526272829 303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:55 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
He didn't get the sack on that play, but the entire breakdown was due to him. Off the ball decent burst, but that stutter, crossover, and dip was just nasty.
Also Herring 97 really disrupted the play by getting quick push from the edge to the middle of the pocket. Really looking forward to seeing this defense create pressure.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:03 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Also Herring 97 really disrupted the play by getting quick push from the edge to the middle of the pocket. Really looking forward to seeing this defense create pressure.
I think that is Okafor Cooch.....
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:11 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I think that is Okafor Cooch.....
Omg, you are correct. I’m a dummy.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:52 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Omg, you are correct. I’m a dummy.
No worries....your point is valid though.

Wharton just straight up makes the guard look like a fool and puts the QB into immediate distress, then Okafor pushes the tackle into the pocket which all but eliminates the QB from doing anything but worrying about his own butt. Reed is able to finish it off, but the QB never had a chance on that play.

EDIT: Also note that if Reed didn't get the sack, it looks like Wharton would have doubled back and got him anyways.....and if no to that, then Gay was closing in very quickly as well once the QB was trying to save his own ass.

EDIT / EDIT: on the snap, the QB also looks to the slot, which Gay dropped back on perfectly and by the time the QB even thought about the next option, Wharton is all over him. Good coverage, excellent pass rush all the way around. If we get that kind of push by four consistently, then look out!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:56 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That step by Wharton is downright unfair.

Hell of a diamond in the rough by Veach. Wharton is going to be a contributor on this team for years.
He's got crazy burst for a dude that size. Lot of fast-twitch. I think that was the play I mentioned it in the game thread.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:38 AM 09-20-2021
What’s the early return on Reed? I was hoping he would be a nice addition to the defense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:41 AM 09-20-2021
Nothing. He just lines up where Jones should be and does nothing. Waste of cap space, but at least we didn't throw draft capital at Seattle for this JAG too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:55 AM 09-20-2021
Not sure if Jarran Reed or Bennie Logan
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:12 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nothing. He just lines up where Jones should be and does nothing. Waste of cap space, but at least we didn't throw draft capital at Seattle for this JAG too.
It’s just a 1-year deal though. It made all the sense in the world to take a chance on him.

Early returns aren’t encouraging though. At least, there’s zero risk of extending and overpaying him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:06 AM 09-20-2021
Shoulda used that money on Clowney and kept Jones inside.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:34 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
What’s the early return on Reed? I was hoping he would be a nice addition to the defense.
Not good, the reaction to his signing was ridiculous though, he's been rank average for at least the last two years. We've tried to be too clever shifting Jones to DE. Obvious now but we should've kept him at DT and gone all out for a DE. I know Reed has been fairly cheap but you get what you pay for apparently.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:39 AM 09-20-2021
I am glad the Raiders didn't overpay this hunk of crap.

I guess we should all have realized that Seattle, with their terrible D, didn't want him any longer and that he wasn't who we thought he was.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:40 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Shoulda used that money on Clowney and kept Jones inside.
I am glad you didn't.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:52 PM 10-03-2021
Did Reed play today?
[Reply]
TLO 04:54 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Did Reed play today?
I think I saw him. Maybe.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 32
« First < 192526272829 303132 >